News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by DrewM, June 27, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewM

Hello all,

Over the years I have been on a few theist/atheist discussion boards. For the most part I enjoy the back and forth. I am a philosophical theist meaning in short, I believe our existence was intentionally caused by a personal agent commonly referred to as God. I'm not a religious person, I'm not involved in organized any religion. I exercise my philosophical beliefs in my own way. 

Not only do I subscribe to theism, I am skeptical of atheism, the belief we owe our existence and the existence of the universe to some non-god cause.

stromboli

Welcome. We got a live one here.  :popcorn:

Moralnihilist

Quote from: DrewM on June 27, 2014, 07:33:58 PMI believe our existence was intentionally caused by a personal agent commonly referred to as God.

Prove it or fuck off.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Green Bottle

He's not a religious person, but if it wasnt for God he wouldnt be here. eh?
Im not an alcoholic, but if it wasnt for the pub i wouldnt be a drunk....... :pidu: :jook: :wall:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

DrewM

QuoteWelcome. We got a live one here.

Thank you Stromboli

I believe our existence was intentionally caused by a personal agent commonly referred to as God.

QuoteProve it or fuck off.

Hello Moralnihilist

You make me feel welcome...

I can make a cogent case in favor of my belief...but it is a belief I don't claim its a fact. Is it fair to say you believe no God was necessary to account for our existence and can you make a case in favor of that claim?

GrinningYMIR

lot of theists and whatnot recently eh?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

So make your case and don't beat around the bush.

stromboli

Quote from: DrewM on June 27, 2014, 08:26:02 PM
Thank you Stromboli

I believe our existence was intentionally caused by a personal agent commonly referred to as God.

Hello Moralnihilist

You make me feel welcome...

I can make a cogent case in favor of my belief...but it is a belief I don't claim its a fact. Is it fair to say you believe no God was necessary to account for our existence and can you make a case in favor of that claim?

So you are saying it is a belief. Wow, thats new. We heard that one before. If you can't prove your deity exists, why are you here? We don't care about your belief, seriously. go somewhere that might be interested, we're not. Go read through Claypot's intro thread and see the kind of malarkey we have already dealt with. You are not bringing anything new here. Go somewhere else.

DrewM

Quote from: stromboli on June 27, 2014, 08:43:56 PM
So make your case and don't beat around the bush.

Alright but I'll put the first post in the Religion General Discussion forum...if I can.

DrewM

Stromboli,

QuoteSo you are saying it is a belief. Wow, thats new. We heard that one before. If you can't prove your deity exists, why are you here? We don't care about your belief, seriously. go somewhere that might be interested, we're not. Go read through Claypot's intro thread and see the kind of malarkey we have already dealt with. You are not bringing anything new here. Go somewhere else.

I don't know of anyone who claims its a 'fact' God exists, I know of few atheists who claim its a fact God doesn't exist. Do you know God doesn't exist or do you believe God doesn't exist? I can make a case from evidence in favor of my belief...can you?

Poison Tree

Quote from: DrewM on June 27, 2014, 09:19:41 PM
Stromboli,

I don't know of anyone who claims its a 'fact' God exists, I know of few atheists who claim its a fact God doesn't exist. Do you know God doesn't exist or do you believe God doesn't exist? I can make a case from evidence in favor of my belief...can you?
You must not know very many theists. I know I'm not Stromboli, but allow me to say this for the umpteenth time: atheists don't believe god(s) don't exist, they simply don't believe god(s) do exist. If you want to pick up the burden of proof, then go for it; don't try to foist it off onto us.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aitm

Quote from: DrewM on June 27, 2014, 09:19:41 PM
I can make a case from evidence in favor of my belief...can you?
oh my.......a.....I can prove it ist.. :popcorn:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

DrewM

Hello Algae,

QuoteYou must not know very many theists. I know I'm not Stromboli, but allow me to say this for the umpteenth time: atheists don't believe god(s) don't exist, they simply don't believe god(s) do exist. If you want to pick up the burden of proof, then go for it; don't try to foist it off onto us.

It wouldn't matter how many theists I'm acquainted with, even if they claim to 'know' God exists there stating an opinion. An opinion doesn't become a fact no matter how sincerely someone believes it.

I agree there are many so called 'weak atheists' who like yourself redefine atheism as a lack of belief, evidently because their disbelief in God is so weak, so tepid so meaningless they can't bring themselves to opine they don't believe God exists. If you as an atheist don't disbelieve in the existence of God why should I disbelieve in God? The letter A in the word atheist means not or with out just like the letter A in asexual means not or without sex. If you drop the a in atheism then you're a weak theist...not a weak atheist.

stromboli

So stop telling us what we are. We know what we are. You have evidence, present it. Stop piddling around and get to the point.

And there is nothing stopping you from posting in the general religion forum, so go ahead.

Hijiri Byakuren

If I weren't on my phone I would drop my usual hundred paragraph argument right about now.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel