News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Christian a question...

Started by chongjasmine, June 14, 2014, 04:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Do you have any questions to ask an atheist?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mermaid on June 14, 2014, 11:13:50 AM
Do you have any questions to ask an atheist?

I don't want to answer any questions.

The questions are usually stupid, anyway.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: chongjasmine on June 14, 2014, 09:00:12 AM
No, I am not aware. And now that I heard of it, I do not believe it to be true. I believe the bible is the source for me to believe in, and therefore does not believe other sources for truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

You are free to check this guy's sources in the video description if you don't believe him.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

KUSA

Quote from: chongjasmine on June 14, 2014, 04:21:59 AM
What are you atheists most curious to ask a christian about?
Here is your chance. Ask your question. I will try my best to answer your question.

Why do most Christians teach everlasting torment when the bible clearly teaches Annihilation ie: the wages of sin is death.

Hydra009

Here is your chance. Ask your question. I will try my best to answer your question.
Who wrote the Bible?

(This one is nice because it tends to be diagnostic of people's intelligence/education and separates the real nuts from the less nutty nuts)

Mister Agenda

No, I am not aware. And now that I heard of it, I do not believe it to be true. I believe the bible is the source for me to believe in, and therefore does not believe other sources for truth.

I dare you to be more predictable. If that's what passes for an adequate response to new information among Christians, to be fair and consistent, you would have to consider an adequate response from a person who follows different scriptures than you do, leaving us with nothing to work with regarding whether your religion is any more believable than any other.

Do you believe if you were raised in a Yazidi household in Norhtern Iraq, that you would be a Christian today? If not, do you believe that it is just for you to be consigned to eternal torture over something that is due to geography and history? If so, are you on drugs?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

the_antithesis

There. Now we see that faith is am act of pride.

frosty

So you stubbornly believe that only YOUR beliefs are correct, and everyone else is wrong? Yeah, I guess that sounds about right. Good job, champ.

Hydra009

Quote from: chongjasmine on June 14, 2014, 09:02:17 AM
It is not Jesus' suffering that gives Christians comfort. It is His love for us, that He is willing to be our scapegoat before God for our sins that gives christians comfort.
Quick question:  is there a way to show someone that you love them besides getting yourself brutally executed?  I ask because I'm trying to figure out an alternative father's day gift.

DunkleSeele

I have two questions:
1. Are you here to try and convert any of us to Christi(ns)anity?
2. How big are your boobs?

The Skeletal Atheist

I fucking love the fact that some Christians seem to think that Christianity is some new, mystical thing to us. If we only read a Bible we would be saved, nevermind the fact that a loy of us were Christian before this, if we only knew what the Bible ACTUALLY said we would bow down and believe in Jesus.

Here's my questions to the dumb fuckhead: Can you name a secular reason why homosexuality is wrong? Can you name a secular reason why anything is wrong? If not why do you feel fit saying you are a moral person? If so why do you need the Bible to tell you so?
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

leo

How often do you crap and fart? That's the real question.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Moralnihilist

Quote from: leo on June 14, 2014, 08:01:58 PM
                                                                                                                                                    How often do you crap and fart? That's the real question.

Already asked that Leo
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

PickelledEggs

I actually have a legitimate 2 part question...

What is the least believable part of your belief system? And why do you still believe it?

Sent from your mom.

chongjasmine

Quote from: Jason78 on June 14, 2014, 10:02:31 AM
Do you believe that the Bible is true?

Do you believe that Mark 16:18 is true?

Would you drink bleach to prove your faith?

I believe the bible is true.
I believe Mark 16:18 is true.
I will not drink bleach to prove my faith.
For God so loves the world that He gives His one and only Son Jesus that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. The Holy Bible John 3:16