If Christianity disappears so will civilization.

Started by Art Axmann, June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

HA, see you banned the Nazi sympathiser here. Good one :)
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

elconquistador

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM
People can find fault with anything and they usually do. The idea that you can count on people to act  in their own best interests is not always the case. People are easily fooled.
But the tremendous attack going on by homos and atheists and secularists and non-Christians against Christian hegemony in America is poorly thought out.

If Christianity were to vanish from off the face of the earth all that is of beauty and reason will also vanish. If Christianity is no more then all that is of compassion and sacred and ethical will also slip away

At some point culture and civilization will also disappear and slowly humanity would revert back to a  premordial existence of nothing  more than a form of bestial vegetation ;and in time life itself would disappear and once again the earth would mindlessly orbit the sun ,devoid of meaning,devoid  of purpose.

Be careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!

First of all, I don't pray.

Second of all, explain all the civilizations based on eastern religions.

Your logic is flawed, bro.
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking

stromboli

There is not enough smart on the planet to drive away this level of stupid.

Green Bottle

U know, i really tried to understand what th fk he was on about but no luck, mibbe its the beer affecting ma mind or mibbe he's just a fkn eedjit.    :axe: :axe:   
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Altered Atheist

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 09:54:04 PM
I guess everyone has a hindu friend or a chinese one or even a Jewish friend.

And ,if that's really the case with you ,or  just to make  your point that there're   good others in the world ;I stated that this degeneration would be slow in coming. I should've emphasized slowly..

The Christian faith represents the moral compass that humanity lives by;if not, then  Christianity is just another faith system.
Hindus and other people get their sense of morality and sacredness from Christianity; whether or not they understand how they are influenced.

Remove the influence and you can see what is going on in Pakistan and India . And this is really commonplace and has only ameliorated recently thanks to the Christian world watching and setting standards.
The whole world gravitates toward these standards whether they know it or not.
Islam and judaism would be far worse without the exposure to  Christian morality and thinking in the world.

QuoteThe Christian faith represents the moral compass that humanity lives by;if not, then  Christianity is just another faith system.

Thats quite assumption. So you are ruling out Islam, Judaism and others? The way I see it if it was os great then everyone would buy it, which they don't. Why is that?

QuoteIslam and judaism would be far worse without the exposure to  Christian morality and thinking in the world.

How do you figure? Since christianity is an offshoot of Judaism. Lot of assumptions but no proof.

stromboli

frosty

You seem to be completely, completely oblivious to the fact that the Englightenment, Renaissance and seperation of church and state are what gave us computers, science, medicine, and everything that you take for granted today. Just because certain elements of the West chose to cling to their "Christian identity" that does not mean we are fundmentally a Christian society as people like you enjoy claiming. This so called 'beauty' you go on about only exists because at a certain point people got fed up with Christianity and it's transgressions and decided to seek higher things than what some zealot bigot tells them is the "truth". You just need to accept what you can't change, things are moving in a certain direction and you whining like a little baby on the Internet won't change a damn thing.

christy starseeker

Oh goodness me! whatever will society do without all that ignorance and murder over the least of transgressions to guide us! whatever will we all do without the oppressive church  suppressing knowledge and discouraging free thought!

Personally a world without Christianity sounds fucking GREAT. I have found more happiness and enlightenment in disbelief then i ever did as a christian.

frosty

I also fucking wonder, if "God" exists, why would it matter if anything human-made exists? Can someone PLEASE answer that question? I'm serious. You said "be careful of what you pray for, you might just get it", but if there is a loving "God" to watch over us and protect us, why would he care if man-made things crumble? Would he stop it? Yet the Bible talks about the corruption of worldly men; would "God" even want to stop it? Yes? No? Maybe?

I have never, ever gotten a straight answer from anybody on this answer. If "God" knows the final outcome of everything, why stress out about anything negative if everything is already predicted?

GrinningYMIR

The only reason I'm content with Christianity existing is because it's the only buffer that keeps Islam out for the most part, a religion i see personally as abhorrent.

But no, all of those religions that basically tell you to have complete subservience towards a fictional at worst or uncaring at best, power makes us weaker not stronger as a civilization.

Thank you for playing!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

frosty

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on June 20, 2014, 10:17:01 AM
The only reason I'm content with Christianity existing is because it's the only buffer that keeps Islam out for the most part, a religion i see personally as abhorrent.

But no, all of those religions that basically tell you to have complete subservience towards a fictional at worst or uncaring at best, power makes us weaker not stronger as a civilization.

Thank you for playing!

No it's not. There could be plenty of buffers that exist to keep Islam out instead of Christianity. That post you made makes you sound like a battalion (or equivalent) commander from the Crusades telling his men that they need to push back "The Moslems" so they can "save Holy Christendom in Europe". Of course all the men believed it and went storming into their almost guaranteed death.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 10:31:29 PM
Aztec Sacrifices
Aztec sacrifices were an important aspect of the Aztec religion. At the root of these Aztec rituals was the belief that the gods needed to be nourished by human beings. This was accomplished through human blood. A part of the Aztec religion, therefore, was to participate in bloodletting, which is intentionally harming and drawing blood from the body. Those who were higher in status within the Aztec religion were expected to give the most blood during these Aztec rituals.

The Aztec gods and goddesses also required the living hearts of humans for nourishment. All hearts were good, but the bravest captives were considered to be particularly nourishing to the Aztec gods. As a result, widespread warring took place as the Aztec people sought to bring captives back to the Aztec temples for sacrifice.

Sometimes, those practicing the Aztec religion sacrificed just one person. At other times, hundreds or even thousands of captives were sacrificed at a time.

I don't care at all if you mock me ;you in fact are only making an idiot out of yourself  kid.
Boy, it makes me want to sing, 'Gimme that old time religion. Gimme that old time religion.. If it's good enough for Aztecs its good enough for me.' Personally I'm kind of partial to throwing a virgin into a volcano, but ripping out beating hearts with stone tools to burn so the gods can consume the smoke seems perfectly reasonable as a way to ensure peace and tranquility. I say we rip out Dick Cheney's heart.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Lion IRC

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 04, 2014, 09:42:04 AM
....Fuck you, you sorry piece of shit. I don't need your despicable dogma to tell right from wrong. Unlike you I don't need the threat of eternal damnation to force me to act a decent human being.

What a "decent" form of conversation you have there.

Whenever I hear folks say they can be good without God, I gotta ask, why are there CCTV cameras everywhere? And unmarked cop cars and undercover police and speed cameras....

frosty

Quote from: Lion IRC on June 20, 2014, 06:14:59 PM
What a "decent" form of conversation you have there.

Whenever I hear folks say they can be good without God, I gotta ask, why are there CCTV cameras everywhere? And unmarked cop cars and undercover police and speed cameras....

Can you explain then why people abuse in the name of "God"? Why does religious extremism and abuse even exist in the first place? You seem to be taking the very real fact of human nature and placing it where it conveniences you. The CCTV cameras, religious people killing in the name of their deity, it all ties into a violent and quite aggressive species.

AllPurposeAtheist

:CCTV, unmarked police cars, etc..? Oh that's right.. If we all just went to church and prayed all the bad guys would just magically go away and priests could get back to the business of fucking little boys, right? :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.