News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bible thumpers are back.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 27, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 05:12:35 PMto continue.. we don't become robots if we give our lives to God.. not at all.  In fact we become more free in this world.. free from fear and an understanding and purpose for life.. and an afterlife.  But we're also guided away from sin, that's not a bad thing in todays world where moral decay is on the up and up
"Free" so long as you believe the orthodoxy and obey the (mostly batshit) rules.  Yeah, I'll pass.

oliver

Quote from: Nam on August 07, 2014, 06:37:09 PM
Um...no. Most of the 10 Commandments are about slighting Biblegod, so atheists aren't followers of the 10 Commandments and neither are Christiansâ,,¢. They break all of them ALL THE TIME, they really only have laws for two of them or really, one of them.

So, go preach to someone with less knowledge. Like yourself, in a mirror.

-Nam
you follow those laws, I hope.  You should but because you're not beholden to them you do as you please.

oliver

I'm not religious.. first understand that.  I believe in God because nothing else explains our existence.

oliver

Christianity is the only religion that stands out from the rest.

oliver

oliver

and don't even dare mention Catholicism to me, most corrupt organisation on the planet

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:00:39 AM
  you follow those laws, I hope.  You should but because you're not beholden to them you do as you please.

QuoteThou shalt have no other gods before me.

While it's true I do not believe in any other gods I also don't believe in Biblegod. So, I doubt I'm actually following this one.

QuoteThou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

I have play-dough figurines that look like Smurfs. It counts. Christians fail this like Jesus on a cross. Get it? Get it?

QuoteThou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

I have bad knees however Christians do nothing but bow down to graven images.

QuoteThou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Goddamnit!

QuoteRemember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

What day is that? I do work every single day.

QuoteHonour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

My father told me a few years ago he hated me. He can kiss my ass. You too, by the by.

QuoteThou shalt not kill.

I killed a bug just a bit ago.

QuoteThou shalt not commit adultery.

I had sex with another girl that wasn't my ex-fiancé... my ex-fiancé had sex with her, too.

QuoteThou shalt not steal.

I used to be a thief in my youth. Got arrested for it and everything. Served time. Community service but that 6 months of shooting pool and playing basketball was hard, man.

QuoteThou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Did that once but that woman was batshit crazy. It was for her own good.

QuoteThou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Remember that threesome? It wasn't a threesome...think about it.

However, today I don't steal, and I've never really cheated on any girl I dated, I don't drink, and I obey laws.

But I did break all your precious commandments at one point as has almost every single Christian. Isn't it funny how Christians ignore the over 600 laws in the OT, and dwindled it down to just 10 -- they don't seem like they like being told what to do.

Weird, and ironic since you, and other Christiansâ,,¢ feel the need to have others follow those laws they rarely do.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Munch

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:03:13 AM
I'm not religious.. first understand that.  I believe in God because nothing else explains our existence.

You are not open to new ideas, you just follow a flock because your to scared to leave it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:03:13 AM
I'm religious. first understand that.  I believe in God because this can't be it.

FTFY

-Nam

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:04:45 AM
Christianity is the only religion that stands out from the rest.

How so?

-Nam

oliver

Quote from: Nam on August 08, 2014, 04:49:05 AM
While it's true I do not believe in any other gods I also don't believe in Biblegod. So, I doubt I'm actually following this one.

I have play-dough figurines that look like Smurfs. It counts. Christians fail this like Jesus on a cross. Get it? Get it?

I have bad knees however Christians do nothing but bow down to graven images.

Goddamnit!

What day is that? I do work every single day.

My father told me a few years ago he hated me. He can kiss my ass. You too, by the by.

I killed a bug just a bit ago.

I had sex with another girl that wasn't my ex-fiancé... my ex-fiancé had sex with her, too.

I used to be a thief in my youth. Got arrested for it and everything. Served time. Community service but that 6 months of shooting pool and playing basketball was hard, man.

Did that once but that woman was batshit crazy. It was for her own good.

Remember that threesome? It wasn't a threesome...think about it.

However, today I don't steal, and I've never really cheated on any girl I dated, I don't drink, and I obey laws.

But I did break all your precious commandments at one point as has almost every single Christian. Isn't it funny how Christians ignore the over 600 laws in the OT, and dwindled it down to just 10 -- they don't seem like they like being told what to do.

Weird, and ironic since you, and other Christiansâ,,¢ feel the need to have others follow those laws they rarely do.

-Nam

just pointing out that we folllow the same laws but I'm not allowed to discuss that here remember

Gawdzilla Sama

And those laws aren't original with your camel-jockey club, the predate them quite a bit.
There's nothing new or original in the Babble.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:05:06 AM
Strike 3? no?

Yeah. Strike 3. But I'll let you stay for chew toy purposes for at least a little while.

Sent from your mom

Moralnihilist

Quote from: oliver on August 08, 2014, 04:12:44 AM
and don't even dare mention Catholicism to me, most corrupt organisation on the planet

Annnnd yet you suggest that people follow the 10 commandments(a catlick creation that the rest of christinsanity stole from them[granted they stole it from other religions first]).

Anyone else find it humorous that this bonehead offered to explain something to me?
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

oliver

Quote from: Moralnihilist on August 08, 2014, 09:09:07 AM
Annnnd yet you suggest that people follow the 10 commandments(a catlick creation that the rest of christinsanity stole from them[granted they stole it from other religions first]).

Anyone else find it humorous that this bonehead offered to explain something to me?

I suggest you change your name first before commenting on anything further.  I don't know about catlick creation or what you're on about.. or what you're on even but you seem confused.  You people are something else.

STRIKE 4