Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bible thumpers are back.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 27, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliver

11:37.. as fun as it's been, it's been a long busy day

Solitary

The wind can be detected as you have proved with your hot air. Just like bull shit can be proved by its smell.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 05:34:24 PM
yes, that is correct.   The wind blows, it's invisible but you know it's there, do you beleive in the wind?

Aerodynamics and the study of Air velocity.

Science applies itself to the study of the wind like every other element.

btw, your statement reminded me of this.

my head hurts from this level of stupidity.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

yes, that is correct.   The wind blows, it's invisible but you know it's there, do you beleive in the wind?
"Invisible" is a misnomer. Wind is "visible" using other senses and/or tools; it is not imperceptible.

God, on the other hand, is imperceptible. The only* occurrences of communication with God are described as occurring by means which can easily be explained by known neurological phenomena, such as the simulacrum and sleep paralysis.

*Was about to post, but decided I should qualify this with "verifiable." Obviously there are people who claim to have seen God in the flesh, but it's pretty easy in those cases to determine that they're just making shit up.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Also, a blind man can't see the world around him, but he can touch and feel it, does that mean gawd made that possible?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Um...no. Most of the 10 Commandments are about slighting Biblegod, so atheists aren't followers of the 10 Commandments and neither are Christiansâ,,¢. They break all of them ALL THE TIME, they really only have laws for two of them or really, one of them.

So, go preach to someone with less knowledge. Like yourself, in a mirror.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 05:12:35 PM
to continue.. we don't become robots if we give our lives to God.. not at all.  In fact we become more free in this world.. free from fear and an understanding and purpose for life.. and an afterlife.  But we're also guided away from sin, that's not a bad thing in todays world where moral decay is on the up and up

Christians are the epitome of fear. Please with your rhetoric. You all are a slave to your religion. You are the definition of drones.

-Nam

Moralnihilist

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 04:44:47 PM
You may know more about the goings-on in the middle East, not disputing that.. but, the media can often distort the truth and often a complex situation can be made very simple to understand, such as the Israel/Hamas conflict.   It's a complex situation but in essence it's dead simple but I won't go into that since you don't want to.

It is in the past, we move forward and learn at the same time..  What I'm saying is that if everybody followed the 10 commandments we'd be certainly better off in numerous ways.

There was a time where people DID follow the 10 commandments, it was during the middle ages in Europe. The funny thing about the middle ages in Europe, the muslims had an overall better society. Science was allowed to prosper, mathematics flourished, ALL religions were welcome in muslim lands. Where as in christan controlled lands poverty was rampant, education was minimal(and then most often sent off to foreign schools), and lets not forget the whole inquisition thing where in if you didnt follow the right TYPE of delusional thought process you could be charged as a witch or heretic and tortured to death. And of course there was the even more dreaded scarlet letter where in you would be LITERALLY branded a heretic and shunned by the ENTIRE community and would most likely end up dead.

Junior you are playing in my bulwark, you stood no hope of ever winning this conversation. I have historical FACTS to back me up, you merely have delusions.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Nam

You can see the effects of wind, actual evidence of it. There's no evidence for your sky daddy.

-Nam

Gawdzilla Sama

QuoteThe wind blows, it's invisible but you know it's there, do you beleive in the wind?
The wind actually interacts with this world, unlike your imaginary friend.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cocoa Beware

It is in the past, we move forward and learn at the same time..  What I'm saying is that if everybody followed the 10 commandments we'd be certainly better off in numerous ways.

Its the idea of how you think right and wrong must be dictated to you (otherwise you might not know what it is) that is unsettling, coupled with the knowledge that rules such as these are probably not all that divine in origin. (For example if there is only one perfect God, why are there so many more or less incompatible belief systems based on that, 30 thousand variations in Christianity alone)

More like they have always been invented by people who do not necessarily have your best interests in mind, and in many cases seek your unwavering loyalty in order to consolidate their own power.

Hows that?

PickelledEggs

You may know more about the goings-on in the middle East, not disputing that.. but, the media can often distort the truth and often a complex situation can be made very simple to understand, such as the Israel/Hamas conflict.   It's a complex situation but in essence it's dead simple but I won't go into that since you don't want to.

*MOD* oliver, if you want to make a case for people needing to follow the 10 commandments, make a thread in the debate section and address your points there. Otherwise, cut out your proselytizing shit.

That is strike 2.

kilodelta

Wow... I haven't seen that one in a while. Next tell us how you can't see heat.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

oliver

Quote from: kilodelta on August 07, 2014, 10:22:11 PM
Wow... I haven't seen that one in a while. Next tell us how you can't see heat.

you get my point

Nam