News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You have a choice?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

Oh...  btw, you want to "accept" not "except".   Those two words have totally different meanings.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Icarus

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 10:50:29 AM
I know the teachings but I must know have you read the whole bible or just a couple verse to try to make Christians look stupid?I sense something oh yay that is a quote from a bible for s specific even that you are misinterpreting. This was speaking to the rich men. I know what you are trying to do which is undermined my comment to make me look stupid. Nice try.

It's very easy to undermine you when you have never read the bible yet claim to follow it. Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

He was talking to a rich man at 19:21 but he wasn't referring exclusively to rich people, something you would have known if you had read the bible.

Mr.Obvious

Ok muslims confuse me you preach peace yet you have stuff such as a regular beating. I do not care what you believe but you say praise allah but you feel you have the right to condemn me to hell yep that makes sense.

Oh no, you misunderstand me. I'm not condemning you to hell. I don't have that authority. But if I am right you are going to hell. So choose Islam now. You may die tomorrow, and what if I'm right? You have the chance to choose Islam now. Just accept Muhammad in your heart and pray with me so that if I'm right, you'll be saved.
And "preach peace yet you have stuff such as a regular beating", please. Have you even read the Quran? I follow Allah, not some made-up religion. And if you haven't read the whole Quran you don't have anything to say about it's  teachings; do not come and argue it.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason78

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2014, 10:58:23 AM
It's very easy to undermine you when you have never read the bible yet claim to follow it. Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

He was talking to a rich man at 19:21 but he wasn't referring exclusively to rich people, something you would have known if you had read the bible.

Don't you just love christians that think that we haven't read their book from cover to cover? :D

Icarus

Quote from: Jason78 on April 15, 2014, 11:01:12 AM
Don't you just love christians that think that we haven't read their book from cover to cover? :D

Yep, especially when they obviously haven't read the bible they claim to follow.

SGOS

I know the teachings but I must know have you read the whole bible or just a couple verse to try to make Christians look stupid?
When Jesus walks on water, critical readers start getting suspicious.  When he dies and comes back to life, they get really suspicious.  To a rational person, these are red flags suggesting the Bible is nonsense.  Put your Bible down and beg the Spaghetti Monster for the ability to think and reason, or you will only get stupider.

Solitary

:wtff: Pascal's Wager has been shown to not be logical, so anyone that claims it is being irrational. You can only experience hell if you are alive, you are not alive after you die! The Zombie Curse from imaginary friends. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Hell can't be that bad... 

Solitary

QuoteI know the teachings but I must know have you read the whole bible or just a couple verse to try to make Christians look stupid?I sense something oh yay that is a quote from a bible for s specific even that you are misinterpreting. This was speaking to the rich men. I know what you are trying to do which is undermined my comment to make me look stupid. Nice try.

Sorry, but you have already shown that by yourself by saying you don't like religion but believe in Christ. A couple of verses? I could point out so many I wouldn't be able to post them all.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

God creates the universe and earth in like a week.
Created everything from nothing, but needs adams rib to create a woman.
Warns them the most dangerous thing they can do is eat fruit from a certain tree, which is placed in easy reach and made very desirable.
Allows a talking snake to tempt them to eat the easily reached fruit, then condemns them and their offspring for thousands of years. Wow, that's merciful.
Some time later, even though he gives their offspring freedom of choice, destroys them all but for a handful for not worshiping him.
To rectify his condemning all mankind with a sinful nature has to come down in human form to sacrifice himself to himself to provide redemption through grace to atone for sin he himself created.

Gotcha.

Oh, and by the way, I read the Bible through twice. You have only read the parts you were directed by your pastor to read.

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on April 15, 2014, 12:17:47 PM
Oh, and by the way, I read the Bible through twice. You have only read the parts you were directed by your pastor to read.

I think we've got ourselves a living waters pupil here.   A disciple of Ray Comfort.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 09:57:32 AM
I follow Jesus alone nothing added or taken.
No, you don't. You chose which teachings you'd follow, based on your cultural bias. This "I'm not religious, I just follow Jesus" crap is a plain fraud.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM
Yes you do and here is your chance to make it.
Fuck off, chubby buns.

stromboli

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM
Yes you do and here is your chance to make it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8kkrkOmpw4
Ugh. You're a fucktard and you won't last here that long. This is classic Pascal's wager, and if you can't understand why it's flawed then you have no business being among the general public much less here. Be glad that breathing is an autonomous process, because if it weren't your stupidity would literally kill you.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're a useless proselytizing fuckwad and you should go ahead and scamper back to your church before you hurt yourself.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!