News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Started by AtDawnTheySquee, February 13, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtDawnTheySquee

So what do you guys think of gender neutral bathrooms? I really like the idea, being genderqueer myself. Even as a child, I was confused as to weather I was a boy or girl. So I recently decided, "eh screw it, I'll just be my own gender".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/0 ... 38425.html

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Doesn't bother me, but that Shouldn't be an issue anyways...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jack89

I try to adapt to my environment rather than expect others to accommodate any unorthodox needs or desires I might have.  

Some places I visited in Europe had unisex bathrooms, so that's what I used.

When I'm in the States I use the Men's room.

When in the middle east, a hole in the floor and a nearby bottle of water (it takes a little practice).

When I'm in the woods, I dig a hole.

Jason Harvestdancer

Because some people really are uncomfortable sharing the bathroom with people of other genders.

That doesn't make them bigots.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Plu

Interesting that someone even feels the need to defend themselves from imagined accusations of bigotry  :-s

I've no problem with unisex bathrooms either. I'm actually amazed our office (or rather our previous inhabitants, it wasn't our idea) bothered to label one of the bathrooms female and the other two male, even though each is a completely seperate bathroom and the three doors are right next to each other in a small, shared room...
And for some reason we decided to keep the assignments  :rolleyes:

Sal1981

Quote from: "Plu"Interesting that someone even feels the need to defend themselves from imagined accusations of bigotry  :-s

I've no problem with unisex bathrooms either. I'm actually amazed our office (or rather our previous inhabitants, it wasn't our idea) bothered to label one of the bathrooms female and the other two male, even though each is a completely seperate bathroom and the three doors are right next to each other in a small, shared room...
And for some reason we decided to keep the assignments  :rolleyes:
Lol, where I work there is only one bathroom, we're only 7 men, you see.

Atheon

I would like to see gender-neutral bathrooms: individual, enclosed stalls for privacy. Maybe a row of well-shielded urinals for men and women with penises.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

josephpalazzo

From my experience, most men (of course, there are exceptions) don't mind a neutral gender public bathroom. OTOH, most women (of course, there are exceptions) might object as they are often  the victims in a sexual assault (of course, there are exceptions), and being close proximity in a situation where their sexual differences are at play, no pun intended, these neutral gender public bathrooms might make them feel uncomfortable and unsafe from their POV.

SGOS

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"So what do you guys think of gender neutral bathrooms?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/0 ... 38425.html
There fine as long as they don't tell me I'm not neutral enough to use them.   :-D

hillbillyatheist

here's what I want. private bathrooms. I can't go in front of people.

if we had private bathrooms, then it wouldn't matter who was in there because it'd be locked. then the gender issue could be rendered moot.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Shiranu

IIRC, doesn't Britain and Australia (and maybe Europe in general, I don't know) have bath"rooms" that are actual rooms as the norm? I seem to recall a Brit or Aussie who was over here saying that was something he had to get use to not having.

I can see josephs point, but I know plenty of guys who would be uncomfortable with it as well. I would say I know more guys that are not able to even use the urinals with walls because it makes them nervous than those that are able to, so I figure this would be way too far of stretch for them to get use to in their life time.

Personally, I don't mind if people see my junk; don't particularly have anything to be proud or ashamed of, it's just a dick like every other man has. I don't go around showing it off, infact I try not to... but when I am in the bathroom or go to the doctor... just not an issue. I'm sure all the men in the bathroom have seen one before and I'm definitely sure the cute nurses have as well.

And that is today's TMI. It's just when dicks get brought up, I cant get them off my mind...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

I have to admit I would be a bit weirded out by this. Just not what I'm used to I guess.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

wolf39us

Took this picture at Clearwater Beach (locally).  Truly this is my only objection LOL

Jmpty

There was a guy asking people to sign a petition outside of Target the other day, to keep bathrooms  gender specific. I had to stop and ask why it was a problem. He said that it was dangerous, because of the trans gender people. I wanted to slap him, but I just walked away, shaking my head.
???  ??