News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

I haven't had a whole of success with anime recently.  I tried out a bunch of em, but they were kinda meh.  I have a couple more lined up and we'll see what sticks.

I just finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.  I still don't know what to make of that show.  I still think Kyon is a god and Haruhi is his creation.  It would explain all the contrivances surrounding him and the fact that the other characters seemingly revolve around him.  He's the decision-maker who directly (or by proxy, through Haruhi) determines everything that happens.

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2016, 12:46:21 PM
Yes, it's more authentic with subs.  But it focuses the viewers' gaze on the text, necessarily diverting attention away from the rest of the screen, which can be a problem in shows with rapid action scenes.  And subs can be problematic when characters are talking extremely fast, interrupting each other, or when two characters are talking at once (like a radio broadcast while a character is talking).

Well this might be your experience and some people's experience with subs. But then you have many people like me that don't see subs as something to read or gaze at. Granted yes I grew up watching Bollywood movies subbed in english, and I felt exactly like you described it, when I was 3. You see eventually my brain started to pick up the subs the moment the dialogue begins. In a half a sec I'd read the subs and have the translation spoken into my head in the voice of character and line it up with the dialog that I'm hearing at the same time. Thus it's more like I'm hearing and watching the show at the same time instead of hearing then reading then watching. Thing is everybody has the ability to develop this skill, but few stick with subs long enough to master it.

Granted yes I have no problems with Dubs that are faithful to the Subs, I still won't watch it but I have no problem with it. It's the Dubs that does a different story than the Japanese version that I have a problem with. The ones that provide an original story than the Japanese one regardless of weather it should be censored or not. *I'M LOOKING AT YOU 4K MEDIA. SHAME! SHAME!*

But in the end people have different tastes and I respect that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2016, 01:21:08 PM
I haven't had a whole of success with anime recently.  I tried out a bunch of em, but they were kinda meh.  I have a couple more lined up and we'll see what sticks.

I just finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.  I still don't know what to make of that show.  I still think Kyon is a god and Haruhi is his creation.  It would explain all the contrivances surrounding him and the fact that the other characters seemingly revolve around him.  He's the decision-maker who directly (or by proxy, through Haruhi) determines everything that happens.

Try out the one I'm watching right now. Monster. Amazing writing. I blasted through the whole show in a few weeks.

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Monster-Dub

PickelledEggs

Welp. Just finished Monster. Amazing. Worth the watch.

RCnal

Currently watching Assassination Classroom. After that I plan to continue God Eater.
Dragon Ball Super is my Sunday night fix, and I am dying for One Punch Man to get on Netflix so I can have a party and marathon the 12 episode season.
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

I hope Jenny McCarthy gets small pox
Check out my thoughts at knowledgeoverego.blogspot.ca

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: RCnal on April 15, 2016, 04:16:52 PM
Currently watching Assassination Classroom. After that I plan to continue God Eater.
Dragon Ball Super is my Sunday night fix, and I am dying for One Punch Man to get on Netflix so I can have a party and marathon the 12 episode season.

Hell yeah supers. Did you reach the part were Vegita Goes up against the Saiyan from another universe?

RCnal

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 15, 2016, 06:59:51 PM
Hell yeah supers. Did you reach the part were Vegita Goes up against the Saiyan from another universe?
Yup. Really good episode. I'm an episode ahead of that.
You have the right to believe whatever you like. However, the once you publicize it as fact, you will have to answer a few questions.

AkiraTheFighter

^When Vegita went all out on the kid, I knew he was training him.

RCnal

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 15, 2016, 09:28:14 PM
^When Vegita went all out on the kid, I knew he was training him.

"Imma kill yo family, Imma blow up yo planet, Imma steal yo girl!"
Oh Vegeta. You are just the best!

AkiraTheFighter

^I'd love to see him come back after he mastered SS2, 3, 4, God and Blue. That'd be an interesting battle.

PickelledEggs

Finally watched End of Evangelion. the whole thing. NGE and End of Evangelion... 10/10 perfection.

doorknob

LIVE ADAPTATION OF DEATH NOTE and L is black!

Thanks netflix for fucking up my child hood dream.

No just kidding I actually want to see a black L. I personally think it keeps things interesting.

Hydra009

Quote from: doorknob on August 26, 2016, 08:25:52 PMLIVE ADAPTATION OF DEATH NOTE and L is black!
And apparently, Light Yagami is now Light Turner.  Literally unwatchable.

Mr.Obvious

Sakamoto desu ga?

Hilarious, in it's own, special, undescribable way.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PickelledEggs

Rewatched Kurozuka. What a crazy, twisty anime. Super good and re-watchable