News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

I haven't heard of Fire and Ice. The writer is a Frost fan? :ppp

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

doorknob

As long as there are hot guys in it or some really beautiful animation I'll watch it. Seraph of the end looked good in the opening theme.

I liked strike the blood even though it was shounen. I do like some shounen not gonna lie. I wanted to watch attack on titan but The first episode couldn't hold my attention for very long.

I started watching some RWBY it looks pretty good and considering it was made using poser I can appreciate it. (poser is a three d editing program used to make 3d objects and animations for games and apparently shows. I'm a sims 2 artist who makes my own meshes and so I can appreciate the work that goes into making 3d objects.)

doorknob

oh I found a winner! it's a new one called erased.

it's like a psychological thriller. It is SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Check it someday.

Hijiri Byakuren

This pretty much sums up the last couple of episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBgXKrldHaM
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

About to finish up the anime "Monster". It's amazing.  If you like psychological shows, this is something you need to watch.

AkiraTheFighter

I'm a huge fan of anime subbed because I always want to see the story the creator intended for us. I've seen tons but my faves are Bleach, Inu-Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Toei Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Tetsujin No. 28 Go. If you never seen yugioh in japanese you are missing out. I just wish that one day the manga that everything yugioh is based on finally gets a faithful anime adaptation. As it is a horror series for the 1st 7 vols and then a game gore series for vol. 8 go on.

stromboli

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 13, 2016, 11:25:31 PM
I'm a huge fan of anime subbed because I always want to see the story the creator intended for us. I've seen tons but my faves are Bleach, Inu-Yasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Toei Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Tetsujin No. 28 Go. If you never seen yugioh in japanese you are missing out. I just wish that one day the manga that everything yugioh is based on finally gets a faithful anime adaptation. As it is a horror series for the 1st 7 vols and then a game gore series for vol. 8 go on.

I figured with a handle like Akira you were into animation. Heard rumors that "Ghost In The Shell," a personal favorite, might be returning or else a live action. The movies were awesome, the series also. Would definitely watch all of them again. Like Akira it was ground breaking. also like Cowboy Bebop when I can find it.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's been far too long since the last time I popped in here..
Anime..just a fancy way of saying cartoons..

That is all..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Scarlett Johanssen as Major Kusanagi. Now I am happy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on April 14, 2016, 10:24:04 AM

Scarlett Johanssen as Major Kusanagi. Now I am happy.
Wait!  Scarlet Johansen is every teenage boy now?  Now I'm depressed.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 14, 2016, 10:16:15 AM
It's been far too long since the last time I popped in here..
Anime..just a fancy way of saying cartoons..

That is all..

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

It's more like this:

Either way, it's stupid and obnoxious.  Just ignore it, guys.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 14, 2016, 12:21:56 PM
It's more like this:

Either way, it's stupid and obnoxious.  Just ignore it, guys.
Ignore what?

-Sent from your mom

AkiraTheFighter

Quote from: stromboli on April 14, 2016, 10:09:54 AM
I figured with a handle like Akira you were into animation. Heard rumors that "Ghost In The Shell," a personal favorite, might be returning or else a live action. The movies were awesome, the series also. Would definitely watch all of them again. Like Akira it was ground breaking. also like Cowboy Bebop when I can find it.

Ironically I've only seen the anime movie Akira recently and long after I started using the nick name Akira. No I adopted the name from two Super Sentai seasons. Akira was the name of the Blue Ranger from Super Sentai's 11th season that aired in 1987 as well as the name of the Orange Ranger in Ressha Sentai ToQger, Super Sentai 38th season that aired in 2014. Both Akiras I related to perfectly so I adopted the name.

As for the movie Akira itself, well Though the anime was nonsensical. The animation was nice, but  the storyline serious needed some huge rewrites. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D in Japanese actually is similar to the movie Akira. Expect you know card games on motor cycles and I thought they handled it better.

Hydra009

Quote from: AkiraTheFighter on April 13, 2016, 11:25:31 PMI'm a huge fan of anime subbed because I always want to see the story the creator intended for us.
The ol' dub versus sub debate.  Personally, I could go either way depending on the show.

Yes, it's more authentic with subs.  But it focuses the viewers' gaze on the text, necessarily diverting attention away from the rest of the screen, which can be a problem in shows with rapid action scenes.  And subs can be problematic when characters are talking extremely fast, interrupting each other, or when two characters are talking at once (like a radio broadcast while a character is talking).

Some shows have great dubbing that for once, makes dubs preferable to subs.  For example, Hellsing Ultimate.  Sometimes, the dubbing is terrible and subs are the only real option.  It varies.  That's why my preference varies.