Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I just finished Deadman Wonderland. It was pretty good. I recommend it

doorknob

OMG OMG I love anime and manga! Yes I do!

I think sword art online is pretty good!
I'm reading the manga right now of Inu Boku so I won't be watching the anime until I finish the manga. Strange when anime hits the shelf before the manga.

Shiranu

Legend of Korra is fucking good :D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pioteir

Quote from: Shiranu on May 06, 2014, 07:52:08 AM
Legend of Korra is fucking good :D.

I found it irritating. Dropped it after a few eps. Liked the original Avatar better.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Shiranu

I'm opposite, then... couldn't really stand the first one, too childish.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pioteir

I have to say I can't really tell what makes me like a certain anime or manga. Sometimes I'm in a mood to watch a certain genre, sometimes I can't make myself to watch something but after a little bit of time I go back to it and I'm hooked for good.

doorknob

that's what happened with me and Deathnote. the first time I tried to read it it bored me to death but a year later I tried again and fell in love with it!

pioteir

Quote from: doorknob on May 09, 2014, 10:01:29 AM
... Deathnote [...] bored me to death ...

lol :)

Maybe I'll restart reading it. Maybe I'll finally get what dafuq is going on :)

Can anyone recommend a manga with 300+ chapters? I read all the popular ones like bleach, one piece, naruto, berserk, etc I don't like conan and hajime no ippo. I need something long cause I just plough through anything short (I read like 90 chapters of Silver spoon today). Recently I started reading korean manhwa so that'll do as well. Help me, I'm desperate.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on May 06, 2014, 05:59:56 PM
I'm opposite, then... couldn't really stand the first one, too childish.
KORRA   :eek::drool:
(technically not anime), but... Korra, oh man... If I was a cartoon.... The things I'd do to her.

[spoiler]Take her to dinner. Respect her boundaries. Compliment her hair....[/spoiler]

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 09, 2014, 06:42:24 PM
(technically not anime), but... Korra, oh man... If I was a cartoon.... The things I'd do to her.

[spoiler]Take her to dinner. Respect her boundaries. Compliment her hair....[/spoiler]

I wouldn't do things like that at all pickle...I have a much..better plan
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

pm1255

Naruto.

New chapter was cool, wasn't a fan of the whole "brought you to the darkside" I preferred Madara randomly stumbling over Obito in a cave, now that it turns out it was always a big plan i'm rather disappointed. Other than that I liked everything else. Looking forward to the chapters to come.
'

pioteir

Quote from: pm1255 on May 09, 2014, 08:06:39 PM
Naruto.

New chapter was cool, wasn't a fan of the whole "brought you to the darkside" I preferred Madara randomly stumbling over Obito in a cave, now that it turns out it was always a big plan i'm rather disappointed. Other than that I liked everything else. Looking forward to the chapters to come.
'

I read all the "basic" ones out of habit. I grew tired of them fillers. I have some others I really look forward to, but it's frustrating having to wait for a new release even a couple of days. I'm a plot junkie.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 09, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

The car-dude's daughter is pretty damn hawt too. Reminded me a bit of Lust from Fullmetal (but better), then I saw she was based off of her.

PickelledEggs

I haven't even watched that much of it. Only an episode or 2 when my sister had it on. I just like Korra.

Shiranu

So... apparently there is talk of M. Night Shamalan (or w/e) directing another Avatar movie, one of Legend of Korra...