News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Haha I suppose...  Japanese becomes a bit easier once you understand their alphabet a bit.   

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on April 07, 2014, 09:18:25 PM
Haha I suppose...  Japanese becomes a bit easier once you understand their alphabet a bit.   

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah I totally forgot that the "r" is more of a hard sound. And the u at the end is almost silent.

It's pretty fun though and not as hard as I thought. Still some work, but not as hard as I thought.

Sent via your mom

pioteir

Oh man am I happy to find a thread about anime :)))) I watched and forgot more titles I care to count. I loved kenshin OAV, samurai champloo, afro samurai, gantz, gungrave, vampire hunter D, blood he last vampire, photon, flcl (furikuri), code geass, oruchuban ebichu, berserk,  appleseed, akira, cowboy bebop and many more. Oh oh, I just remembered Spriggan was fucking awesome.
I even watched a french flick Gandahar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095525/ , my parents bought it in like 1990 on VHS) when I was about 6 or so :))))

I wathced anime when I had time, nowadays I read manga because I can't wait to see the plot unfold. Anime just takes too much time to display the story. I read manga online and it goes so fast I need at least 100 chapters to get warmed up. I follow up on 10 titles at the least.

One thing is when I watch anime I don't read the same manga, and conversely when I read a title I won't watch the anime.
I tried to read/watch death note but got lost at the end of first season I guess.
AOT didn't hook me so I passed.

Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

PickelledEggs

I'm probably going to be yelled at for this... but I just watched Cowboy Bebop for the first time *flinch*

Shiranu

Confession bear: I have never seen Cowboy Bebop either.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on April 22, 2014, 03:41:23 PM
Ok whew. I don't feel like a total out-of-the-looper now.

wolf39us

Quote from: Shiranu on April 22, 2014, 03:41:23 PM

only watched 2 episodes

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on April 22, 2014, 04:15:07 PM
only watched 2 episodes
Ok then I don't feel as bad saying this next thing.

The ending wasn't nearly as good as I hoped.... It kind of reminded me of an Aristocrats Joke, in the sense that it was more about the ride, than the punchline

pioteir

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 22, 2014, 04:23:52 PM
Ok then I don't feel as bad saying this next thing.

The ending wasn't nearly as good as I hoped.... It kind of reminded me of an Aristocrats Joke, in the sense that it was more about the ride, than the punchline

I learned looong time ago that almost every ending will be some kind of a disappointment. Second: I don't even remember the ending of CB anymore.

If You like some absurd sense of humour I recommend FLCL and Photon.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pioteir on April 23, 2014, 08:41:59 AM
I learned looong time ago that almost every ending will be some kind of a disappointment. Second: I don't even remember the ending of CB anymore.

If You like some absurd sense of humour I recommend FLCL and Photon.
FLCL was great!
I'll have to check out photon

Sent via your mom

Gawdzilla Sama

Is this thread about "Pacific Rim"?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pioteir

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 23, 2014, 10:40:24 AM
FLCL was great!
I'll have to check out photon

Sent via your mom

Papacha samaaaa!!!