News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"Hey anyone watch the latest Kill la Kill? Pretty crazy plot twist.

Kill la kill is blowing my mind with the absurdity and action...lots of cool innovative stuff
No spoilers. I haven't gotten to that yet
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"I see someone's going full weeb here.
what is a weeb?

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "MitchellDaBomb"
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"Hey anyone watch the latest Kill la Kill? Pretty crazy plot twist.

Kill la kill is blowing my mind with the absurdity and action...lots of cool innovative stuff
No spoilers. I haven't gotten to that yet
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"I see someone's going full weeb here.
what is a weeb?
Ya know, a weeboe.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"Ya know, a weeboe.
I'm so confused... and I don't think it's the cold medicine talking.

What is a weeboe?

AtDawnTheySquee

What is a weeboe?
A white American who tries really hard to be Japanese.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"

What is a weeboe?
A white American who tries really hard to be Japanese.
OHHHHHHHH Ok yeah. I might be that.

Is that internet or texting speak? I tend to be behind generally in internet and texting speak

AtDawnTheySquee

Hydra009

PickelledEggs

Btw has anyone watched Space Dandy?

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Btw has anyone watched Space Dandy?
i do
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
QuotePS And yay we have a new nerd!
I'm not a nerd, ba-ba-ba-baka.

AtDawnTheySquee

Yea so, I still don't see the appeal in Shit Art Online. I've seen one episode of Log Horizon, it bored me to death.

PickelledEggs

Yeah. I have been told by so many people to watch SAO and then when I went to watch it, I felt like it was over-hyped. I mean, it wasn't bad and I'd probably watch it again, IMO, but I don't see what everyone else saw in it.

Hydra009

I really liked the first dozen or so episodes.  I liked how the players react to their ...situation... in different ways.  And I liked how the show raised the question of the value of our digital relationships compared to our "real" ones.  And it did have its fair share of heartwarming (and breaking) moments.

Then, it sort of loses focus a bit.  There's this huge romantic arc and the second plot arc...  Suffice it to say that I can see why people would come away from it with a bad impression.  But imho, it was still pretty good for what it was.

I'll probably check out Log Horizon soon.  I'm a huge sucker for MMO-related shows.

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "Hydra009"I'll probably check out Log Horizon soon.  I'm a huge sucker for MMO-related shows.
Log Horizon is boring AF, I couldn't even make it through the first episode. omfg

wolf39us

So I never originally finished Bleach because there were so many fillers that I just couldn't stand it!  My first go I only got to about episode 125.

My girlfriend showed an interest in the show after I showed her one of the Bleach movies and asked if I could download the series...  So I decided to give it another shot, but this time I looked up all of the filler arcs and deleted them all plus the occasional filler in between episodes.

This is much better than watching every episode and we've managed to get to episode 216.  Only 76 to go!

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "wolf39us"So I never originally finished Bleach because there were so many fillers that I just couldn't stand it!  My first go I only got to about episode 125.

My girlfriend showed an interest in the show after I showed her one of the Bleach movies and asked if I could download the series...  So I decided to give it another shot, but this time I looked up all of the filler arcs and deleted them all plus the occasional filler in between episodes.

This is much better than watching every episode and we've managed to get to episode 216.  Only 76 to go!
I gave up on stuff like Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. It just drags on forever, and there's way better stuff out there that's only about 12 or 24 episodes long. I'd much rather watch a 12 or 24 epper than waste my time with 300+epper.