News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anime Thread!

Started by Notthesun, July 03, 2013, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

missingnocchi. DUDE. Steins;Gate. So good. I started yesterday and am already about half way through.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "wolf39us"I tried so hard to get into One Piece.  I just couldn't get into it!  

Most of my friends love the show and I've tried 3 times to get into it.  Oh well, just not my style I guess!  

Quote from: "PickledEggs"OOOHHH so it's dubbed! I can do that. I have to re organize my folder of Ghost hunt that Hijiri reccomended and I downloaded. After I watch that, I'll watch this.... I need things to watch while I work. otherwise I get bored. As for now, I'll finish re-watching Elfen Lied.

I can't watch dubs without wanting to tear my ears off.  This goes with Japanese anime and foreign flicks.  That's not to say though that there aren't some great dubs out there.

A couple of good examples are Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke) and Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away).  But 98% of the dubs I've ever heard make me hate myself lol
I just tried to get in to one piece too. The endeavor didn't last long... haha

I did however just watch Mirai Nikki (or "The Future Diary") I watched all 26 episodes in about a day, so needless to say I thought it was pretty good.

AllPurposeAtheist

[-X anime is/are STILL just cartoons with a fancy schmancy name. :popcorn:

You folks are just to easy to piss off over this. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"[-X anime is/are STILL just cartoons with a fancy schmancy name. :popcorn:

You folks are just to easy to piss off over this. :)

AllPurposeAtheist

That really hurt my feelings Hydra.  :cry:  :-$

Hydra009

Yeah, well, I dislike having that as the topic of conversation when we could be discussing anime series.

On that note, I'm liking Attack on Titan, despite my earlier reservations.  About halfway through it now.  7/10.

I agree that the first few episodes aren't very engaging, but I'm glad I gave it a chance because it does get much better later on.  I like everything about the show, but the eponymous titans really bothered me.  Their leering faces, bizarre movements, and pretty graphic/disturbing battles really takes an otherwise normal shonen story to a very dark place.  Not for the faint of heart.

I like the idea of the 3d gear, but I have a hard time suspending my disbelief that everyone involved wouldn't kill themselves in the process of using those things.  Any mistake or malfunction would almost certainly kill the user.  It also seems strange that humans use 3d gear alongside horse-drawn carts, gunpowder cannons, and medieval-looking buildings.

But I do like the different military branches.  I'd definitely be garrison.  :P

AllPurposeAtheist

Sorry..not my cup of tea..  It's just my monthly reminder.  8-[

Lokstir

hey guys my first post in years.  and you guys are all here.  anyways watched attack on titan and sword art online.  i found titan overrated but still enjoyable.  

anyone else watch sword art online?  the first half of the first season was good....  here's the premise.  everyone who played this virtual reality mmorpg is trapped in it and if they die in it they die for good.  i'm going to spoil some shit now.  don't worry after you read it you will never want to watch the show.  so they escape YEARS LATER.  the kid reunites with his family.  but then a new game comes out...  and he gets trapped in that one too.  after escaping that game he decides to buy another mmo and you'll never guess what happens next.  i think in the manga this moron kid is trapped in a forth game.  i don't get it.  they took an interesting concept and started a really decent show and then dived head first into dumb.

on a positive note started east of eden.  only one episode in but i like it.
Your powers are useless on me, you silly billy.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Lokstir"hey guys my first post in years.  and you guys are all here.  anyways watched attack on titan and sword art online.  i found titan overrated but still enjoyable.  

anyone else watch sword art online?  the first half of the first season was good....  here's the premise.  everyone who played this virtual reality mmorpg is trapped in it and if they die in it they die for good.  i'm going to spoil some shit now.  don't worry after you read it you will never want to watch the show.  so they escape YEARS LATER.  the kid reunites with his family.  but then a new game comes out...  and he gets trapped in that one too.  after escaping that game he decides to buy another mmo and you'll never guess what happens next.  i think in the manga this moron kid is trapped in a forth game.  i don't get it.  they took an interesting concept and started a really decent show and then dived head first into dumb.

on a positive note started east of eden.  only one episode in but i like it.
Grrrr...

[spoil:3rdedr43][/spoil:3rdedr43]
That said, I really liked sword art online, and am super glad I've already watched it all before diving into this thread.   :evil:  Not a huge fan of the ol' holodeck-with-safeties-disengaged premise, but it creates stakes in an otherwise stakeless situation, so I tend to let it slide.  But imo, they could've simply left it the situation a mystery to everyone - at least for a while - and it would've worked better than spilling the beans early.

I really did like the game world.  Simple but rugged and beautiful.

AtDawnTheySquee

Well I'm planning on finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight, I just need the last two episodes. BTW, anyone here have an MAL?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"Well I'm planning on finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight, I just need the last two episodes.
Here's all you need to know about the last two episodes:

[youtube:3p0m0661]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hzjuf686oA[/youtube:3p0m0661]
Yes, that actually is Shinji's English VA talking over the credits.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AtDawnTheySquee

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"Well I'm planning on finishing Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight, I just need the last two episodes.
Here's all you need to know about the last two episodes:

[youtube:38nd9dbh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hzjuf686oA[/youtube:38nd9dbh]
Yes, that actually is Shinji's English VA talking over the credits.
I only watch subs, like a trve animu fan. Well okay, I'm watching the Space Dandy dub but other than that I only watch subs.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"I only watch subs, like a trve animu fan.
Oh. Oh my. You're one of those. :evil:

AtDawnTheySquee

I avoid watching pleb teir stuff like One Piece and Hishschool of the Dead. Oh shnap son!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AtDawnTheySquee"
I avoid watching pleb teir stuff like One Piece and Hishschool of the Dead. Oh shnap son!
I sparked quite a controversy earlier in this thread when I said that I don't care for Attack on Titan. *ducks*