News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Election Thread 2024

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, January 06, 2024, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

You know, if Drumph doesn't get elected again they'll stop making pencils in Pennsylvania.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on February 13, 2024, 04:37:23 AMsuch a huge reach that the Covenant would try to invade it.

Steĺlar.

Not gonna lie.
Not proud.
Gonna steal that.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 11, 2024, 10:24:13 PMParents and their children naked/showering together isn't actually a crime, believe it or not. Where are the police investigations and trials (and convictions) for Biden's alleged offenses? You need to stop sucking OAN's and Faux News' teats for your information. While allegedly "sniffing some kid's hair" may have happened, that's a far cry from pedophilia. Where are the convictions for sex offenses and pedophilia?

If criticism of Biden is considered to be support for Trump, the TDS is in an advanced condition.  Especially since I agreed to every criticism of Trump that you made when pointing out Biden's faults.

"Yeah I agree, Trump is Bad, and Biden is just as Bad"
"OMG you are a Trump Supporter!"
Nope.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Unbeliever

I just heard President Biden give a great State-of-the-Union speech. He was clear, concise, and to the point.
I'll be interested to see how the Faux news crew spins it.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2024, 10:59:10 PMI just heard President Biden give a great State-of-the-Union speech. He was clear, concise, and to the point.
I'll be interested to see how the Faux news crew spins it.
"Biden's SOTU blasted as 'nakedly partisan' campaign speech: 'Utter disgrace'"

Note that they're quoting "conservatives" here, the kinds of people who have meltdowns at Target, Disney, for some reason buy Bud Light only to destroy it, occasionally shoot up a pizzeria, and get busted for dirty stuff involving minors surprisingly frequently.  So...maybe not the best judges of character?

Of course, the real reason they're saying that "conservatives" hate Biden's speech is that they know their audience is audience is conservative and like true alphas, follow the herd.  A conservative seeing that "conservatives" saying they don't like Biden is psychologically primed to dislike it as well.  So really, it's just a in-group, out-group thing - Biden is an "other" that true conservatives dislike and therefore you should too.  It's psychological manipulation in lieu of reasoned argument.  But they don't know that they're being manipulated and most of them never will.

Hydra009

The full transcript without the Fox Noise

It was a good speech and the his claims are generally pretty solid and truthful (the orange blob can't hope to compete there - the guy's pants are on fire so much they're probably lined with asbestos)

Biden has an overall solid case against Trump for his abysmal handling of covid.  IIRC, the official count undercounted deaths.  Regardless of the actual figure, about 40% could have been avoided by common-sense practices, not the crazy ramblings about bleach and horse-dewormer and alleged oxygen-deprivation from masks that people already wear for hours on end (did they not know?)

The gist of what Biden said is true - the US suffered over a million covid deaths in total and a large percentage of those could have been avoided with responsible leadership.  Instead we got Trump, who made it political issue, gave lots of horrible advice along with that demon sperm lady and lots of people died as a result.  He's responsible for that whether he accepts it or not.  Hell, he apparently even showed up to the debate sick.  I'll let you figure out his motive for that.

The conservatives fearmongering about the shot or playing down the severity of covid were proven to be wrong in the most devastating ways and it's tough for any sane person to forgive them for what they have done - especially when they neither admit fault nor ask forgiveness.  It takes a brainwashed person to not recognize this breach in trust which has been so devastating for so many families.  But to Trump Party members, it's just "fake news" that they think they can wish away so as to not have to deal with.

Unbeliever

I still remember the lady who said that she doesn't wear a mask for the same reason she doesn't wear underwear - things gotta breathe!
I was unaware that a person's private parts were in the habit of breathing,  but I guess ya learn somethin' new every day! 🤣
God Not Found

SGOS

I voiced my dislike of Biden as the Democratic nomination 4 years ago, as I thought he was a  weak choice, and I was considered an outsider. Oddly, I think he has done far better as president than I expected, and I have been pleased, but now those who wanted him seem angry with him and want someone else. Go figure. That was a very good speech content wise, although his delivery somewhat reflected his doddering age. I kept hoping he wouldn't fall down or pull a "Mitch McConnell" in the middle of it, but he prevailed.

Unbeliever

I would have preferred Bernie Sanders, but that wasn't ever gonna happen.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Hydra009

Mr.Obvious

Listened to the sotu, on my drive to work.
Was a good speech.
I very much doubt the other guy could deliver a tenth of that energy with a tenth of that cohesiveness.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: SGOS on March 08, 2024, 07:33:47 AMI voiced my dislike of Biden as the Democratic nomination 4 years ago, as I thought he was a  weak choice, and I was considered an outsider. Oddly, I think he has done far better as president than I expected, and I have been pleased, but now those who wanted him seem angry with him and want someone else. Go figure. That was a very good speech content wise, although his delivery somewhat reflected his doddering age. I kept hoping he wouldn't fall down or pull a "Mitch McConnell" in the middle of it, but he prevailed.

I liked him going in and I still like him now.
He is a far cry from perfect, don´t get me wrong. But I do think he wants what´s best for your country and by extension the world and he is doing more than most i´ve seen in his job, in my lifetime, mayhaps more than any i´ve seen in my lifetime in his job, to achieve it.

Also, I also heard a few falters due to what I suspect is his age. But more I would ascribe to his stutter.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 08, 2024, 04:15:10 PMI liked him going in and I still like him now.
He is a far cry from perfect, don´t get me wrong. But I do think he wants what´s best for your country and by extension the world and he is doing more than most i´ve seen in his job, in my lifetime, mayhaps more than any i´ve seen in my lifetime in his job, to achieve it.

Also, I also heard a few falters due to what I suspect is his age. But more I would ascribe to his stutter.
I should qualify that I disliked him as a candidate. Mostly, because I didn't think he was highly electable. I always liked him personally, and would describe him as a nice man. I don't remember much about his early days, but he had a reputation for making gaffs, as I recall. I don't know if that "stutter" was always there or not.

He was voted in by record turnout of voters, although I think that turnout was more of a reaction to Trump's narcissistic and caustic approach to governance. Will that happen again? I don't know. Biden, with a lot of help from his advisors I think, did very well as president, even though he's been criticized for things he has done well, but that's politics.

SGOS

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 08, 2024, 04:04:11 PMListened to the sotu, on my drive to work.
Was a good speech.
I very much doubt the other guy could deliver a tenth of that energy with a tenth of that cohesiveness.
Trump has plenty of energy, but is short on cohesiveness. He's the least cohesive president I can remember.