News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Election Thread 2024

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, January 06, 2024, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

It's a sick situation. Neither one of these individuals should be running for office, but the polity seems convinced that only Biden can defeat the chump. They may be correct. It's looking like the SCOTUS is going to bend forward for the chump. The SCOTUS is a sick joke, any more.

aitm

I think it would be comical if the SC then turned around and said "yes, the president has complete immunity", the Joe locks up Trump, MTG and about 300 other pubs and tucker and all of the Al-anon group, and why stop there? Grab the five justices as well. Now that would be worth watching
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

I read that Tucker might be put under sanctions for interviewing Putin. That'll be fun to watch! 🤣
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

QuoteSo, we have had a few primaries.  A very small part of the nation has voted and now we know who our front-runners are: a man who doesn't know what he's saying versus a man who doesn't know where he is.

Or you could say:
One lying sack of shit, liable rapist who tried to disenfranchise the american people by stealing an election and staging a coup, who is now in court cases for alledgedly illegaly hoarding state secrets that compromised national security and international stability, in his swamp mansion and who is about to lose his businesses due to being found liable of fraud.
And one seemingly decent man who we all wish did more, but if you look at the metrics honestly, is at least in the top two of most efficient and beneficial presidents you guys have had in my lifetime for sure, and probably even out of the last 10 or so.

And yeah, he's old.
But honestly, if i were a betting man...
And i am, it is a SERIOUS problem...
I would bet biden will bury trump.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason Harvestdancer

Mr.Obvious, I think I had it right the first time.  An old man who doesn't know what he's saying, versus an old man who doesn't know where he is.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Mr.Obvious

I find putting anyone on equal footing to a scumbag like trump to be an immense insult.
It is creating a false dichotomy. And i honestly find it disgusting.

Yeah
Trump has 91 counts he's being proscecuted for.
He totally mishandled covid allowing hundreds of thousands MORE of americans , and god knows how many world citizens, than we could have had.
I mean, yeah, he started a trade war.
Yeah, sure he is racist, xenophobic and sexist.
And sure, he was found liable of rape.
And yeah, he has been found liable of fraud.
And i guess he said he would want to date his own daughter.
And sure , he got completely mocked on the world stage, taking away american credibility.
And, whatever, sureb he also coddled up to dictators like putin, ping and kim.
And i guess he did promise to be a dictator on day one.
And sure, he was the only president to lose jobs, other than hoover.
And i suppose project 25 is preparing another totalitarian overreach.
Which isn' surprising because he tried to steal an ellection and gaslight the american public by fundamentally damaging their trust in ellections. Amongst which by asking a governer to recalculate and find him 11000 votes, help ruining the lives of two female, african american civil servants and witholding from the peaceful transfer of power.
And yeah, ladt time he picked such screw upq in his government and kabinet that they either quit and/or embarresed the office they held to the point that he disowns most of them without even thinking it might be that he is bad at this shit.
And sure, he is old and he makes gaffs and winded talks about dumb stuff.

But biden is old and makes gaffs too.
So he is just as bad.

Really?
REALLY?

To paraphrase trump here.
"Fella's, give me a break."

Unbeliever

Drumph has almost twice as many indictments as the USA has had presidents.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Susan

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 07, 2024, 01:03:12 PMBoth parties are choosing train wrecks.  Trump is a loudmouth who never thinks before he speaks.  Biden is a pedophile with dementia.

Wow! That is a serious accusation you have there against Joe Biden!

Do you have any evidence to back it up?

Gawdzilla Sama

I hope this is my last election year.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 10, 2024, 03:43:50 AMI find putting anyone on equal footing to a scumbag like trump to be an immense insult.
It is creating a false dichotomy. And i honestly find it disgusting.

To paraphrase trump here.
"Fella's, give me a break."

You list a lot of problems with Trump.  I concede each and every single one of them.  Biden is a pedophile and sex offender - Trump said if he wasn't related he'd date his daughter, Biden actually showered with his daughter.  He made his fortune selling political favors.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

the_antithesis

Yeah. Yet another election where we don't want either candidate to win.

Susan

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2024, 07:21:22 PMYou list a lot of problems with Trump.  I concede each and every single one of them.  Biden is a pedophile and sex offender - Trump said if he wasn't related he'd date his daughter, Biden actually showered with his daughter.  He made his fortune selling political favors.

Again, to claim something is very easy. Where's the EVIDENCE?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2024, 07:21:22 PMYou list a lot of problems with Trump.  I concede each and every single one of them.  Biden is a pedophile and sex offender - Trump said if he wasn't related he'd date his daughter, Biden actually showered with his daughter.  He made his fortune selling political favors.

Parents and their children naked/showering together isn't actually a crime, believe it or not. Where are the police investigations and trials (and convictions) for Biden's alleged offenses? You need to stop sucking OAN's and Faux News' teats for your information. While allegedly "sniffing some kid's hair" may have happened, that's a far cry from pedophilia. Where are the convictions for sex offenses and pedophilia?

Mr.Obvious

I showered with my parents when i was little.
If i have kids, that will likely happen again.
That is normal. You teach your kid to wash themselves and make sure they do it propper.
Seriously, think before you utter something as horrid as a baseless pedofile-accusation. Even to someone not present.
It is not making your case. Opposite, even, i'd say.

As for 'selling political favors'. That's just vague and broad off-hand. So vague i can't even concider that a point.
Am i saying Biden has a perfect track record? No. That'd be idiotic. And totally unrealistic to demand.
BIden is a life-long politician. A trade in which you HAVE to find compromises. Unless, you know, you want to be a dictator.
But unlike trump, biden can point to legislation that actually helped your country. Rather than pointing to a crumbling wall and tax-cuts for the rich.
Infrastructure, more student debt loan forgiveness than any president before him,  and capping the price of insulin so low, for recent starters.

Honestly: there is no comparison here.

Suppose he was running against another candidate.
You would be out here saying. "Yeah sure, the republican has a sight impediment. But biden has a speech impediment. They are both so unfit for office."
Tell you what?
The sight impediment?
That ain't what would scare me of a second term for president jeffrey dahmer.
He was found to kill, rape and eat people.
"Yeah, but this non-proven transcript on rightwing media says biden showered with his daughter. Sooooo..."

Jason, i get jumping on the 'biden sucks' train is hip and all that.
But at least make some valid points.
There are those to be made. For sure.
There is just no putting him on equal footing to trump. And running with unverified accusations will not get you there either.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2024, 07:21:22 PMBiden actually showered with his daughter.
Parents shower with their children. It's how you teach them to wash properly. Trying to frame this as an act of pedophilia is such a huge reach that the Covenant would try to invade it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel