News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 06, 2021, 08:28:46 PM
Schumer. Enjoyed to hear a direct accusation, certainly the term 'domestic terrorism'. Republicans will fall short after whatever they say today. I wonder how many votes they lost tonight.
On the news, they sometimes slip up and call them "protestors".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKfFLuKXnQ

"Protestors"

Cassia

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on January 06, 2021, 08:47:34 PM
Apparently history is being rewritten so that the "mostly peaceful" protests are now entirely peaceful so that they can be contrasted to the current ones.

Apparently, you have to downplay the hundreds of people invading the White House in an attempt to stop an election they lost so you can make it seem like less of a big deal than black people getting tired of being assaulted and murdered by the police. You know, those protests where the police proved them right by blatantly assaulting protesters on national TV? You don't have an ounce of credibility. Despite claiming to be an outsider looking in, you're the most biased among us.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 08:47:43 PM
Oh the news, they sometimes slip up and call them "protestors".

Ooof. Poor guy.

Don't you think they have actually lost their 'protestor' status when Trump called them there with an obvious manner to do, under those circumstances? Sure, they could have chosen not to. But acting like some people didn't go for this or that the president didn't know about is so stupid. It would be awesome if some people sued him. How about the dead woman's family for example? 

PS An objection drop. LOL
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 08:47:43 PM
Oh the news, they sometimes slip up and call them "protestors".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAKfFLuKXnQ

"Protestors"

I heard at least 50 more warnings to "back up" than would have been given to a BLM protester.

Quote from: Cassia on January 06, 2021, 08:52:49 PM
.......Looting........

Smile for the camera, moron! It's not like there's a thing called the internet that will make it easy to track you down. Oh wait!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Apparently history is being rewritten so that the "mostly peaceful" protests are now entirely peaceful so that they can be contrasted to the current ones.
Apparently, you are like trump in that you get all tangled up in your lies and forget what is real and what isn't. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

'Astonishing': Clarissa Ward shocked by Turkey's press release

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2021/01/06/world-reaction-trump-supporters-storm-capital-ward-vpx.cnn 

:lol: Clarissa is a bit short on usual commercials.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on January 06, 2021, 08:52:49 PM
.......Looting........

He's gonna have a fun visit by the Feds later on.  A lot of people who thought they got away with this scot free will.  And the end result isn't going to be a reversal of the election or a cowing of Trump's opponents - it's going to be jail time for a lot of idiots and yet another black stain on the GOP.

drunkenshoe

It is going to be terrible for Republicans. The moment they start to get carried away, fall to some odd position... they will get something about today. Well, I don't know it very well, but their confidence is probably shaken.

However, as I said before that crowd doesn't look like they would give up and return home after a day. Fingers crossed.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 09:14:48 PM
He's gonna have a fun visit by the Feds later on.  A lot of people who thought they got away with this scot free will.  And the end result isn't going to be a reversal of the election or a cowing of Trump's opponents - it's going to be jail time for a lot of idiots and yet another black stain on the GOP.
I hope you are right!  I am kind of in a won't believe it until I see it, mode right now.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 06, 2021, 08:42:57 PM
Apparently, Pelosi said that Mike Pense, the VICE President, was consulted for calling in the National Guard today. It's not the Vice President's job to call the National Guard; it's the President's job. That's an interesting turn of events... Some are saying we might be seeing the application of the 25th amendment, declaring the President unfit and letting the Vice President take over for him. Probably not, but it's an interesting possibility to consider. I think it's more likely that everyone in the White House has always considered Pence the more stable of the two and have called on him instead when needed.
Pence was the obvious choice to take action when the president refused to act.  Somebody needed to do something, and sometimes it turns out to be a bystander when the person in charge freezes.  Debates about who's worse, the liberals or the Trumpsters, are a deflection to avoid the point.  The thing about today's events are without question the freakiest thing I've ever seen sanctioned by a branch of the American Government.  The president and a handful of minions incites a mob and then watches it on television like some kind of reality show without lifting a finger.  It will seem even weirder tomorrow after we've had more time to assimilate what we watched.  And I think most people will agree that we should have seen it coming. 

I had to take a break, but I just tuned back into my live stream to see if the Senate had certified the vote yet, and some senator was speaking.  He talked about other countries watching us and added, "Are we going to tell our kids that this is the real America? ... Because it is NOT My America."  The thing is that everyone watched this today.  It was an observable snapshot of who we are.  It happened, and saying it's not who we are doesn't change the fact that it was right in front of us.  And people in other countries saw it too.  Are they supposed to think that was not America?  We may not have liked it, but we weren't watching some banana republic.  It was us.  The wheels will be spinning for weeks blaming, defending, deflecting, telling more lies, and pointing out each other's hypocrisy.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 06, 2021, 09:14:48 PM
it's going to be jail time for a lot of idiots and yet another black stain on the GOP.
Trump will pardon them.

SGOS

QuoteNYT 
Twitter locked President Trump’s account, demanding that he delete tweets that appeared to incite violence, and threatened a permanent suspension.
Freaky, no?

Shiranu

History isn't being rewritten, you're just being called on your delusions.

By the way, what was that again about Republicans don't violently protest?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgias-secretary-state-evacuated-protesters-descend-state-capitol
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and his staff were evacuated from their office Wednesday afternoon after armed protesters gathered outside the state Capitol, officials said.
Gabriel Sterling, a top elections official, said Wednesday that it was an internal decision made by Raffensperger.

It was a scene similar to what unfolded in D.C., where supporters of the president stormed the U.S. Capitol in a chaotic protest aimed at thwarting the Electoral College certification, forcing lawmakers to be rushed from the building.
And good to see you, Munch. What a surprise to see you still justifying right-wing violence.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

West Virginian lawmaker caught on film in the mob of insurrectionists who assaulted the Capitol today. Reports are that a Pennsylvania state senator was also caught on camera.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/06/954227854/video-shows-newly-elected-w-va-lawmaker-among-mob-that-stormed-the-u-s-capitol?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur