News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

We have been through this bullshit a few times now, and the medical opinion/logic is pretty clear on the subject. So I don't understand why there is suddenly an air in this thread, as if we need to convince two people who think they actually know better than experts and people in the field; what's been reported because, you know, they know/read/researched. :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 12, 2022, 10:20:06 AM
We have been through this bullshit a few times now, and the medical opinion/logic is pretty clear on the subject. So I don't understand why there is suddenly an air in this thread, as if we need to convince two people who think they actually know better than experts and people in the field; what's been reported because, you know, they know/read/researched. :lol:
Thank you.  Looking back, I probably shoulda led with that.

When the "hysteria" dies down, this stuff won't be on their radar anymore because Fox News won't be talking about it anymore, so we won't have to endure hot takes from people who obviously know much less than even the average layman understanding of this stuff.

SGOS

That's the same bored "not again" feeling I had when I made that post.

Hydra009

Speaking of ill-informed idiots in large numbers trying to countermand expert recommendations:

Georgia mulls removing vaccine requirements for children

QuoteSeventeen Georgia state senators have proposed a new bill aimed at getting rid of all routine childhood vaccination requirements.

The bill was drafted on Jan. 14 and in it, the senators hope to make it illegal to check proof of vaccination. Right now, there are eight vaccines required by the Georgia Department of Health. This includes shots to prevent diseases like measles, mumps and chickenpox.
These people are pro-virus.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2022, 08:33:43 PM
Saying it isn't as bad as, say, the Bubonic Plague, marks me as someone who thinks it is harmless and doesn't exist - even though that isn't my position.  That's why I say we can analyze the actual danger after the hysteria ends.

The facts are that if you don't have the comorbidities then you are over 99% safe.  I had it, it was a bad cold for a few days.  A coworker had it, it was a bad cold for a week.  Those who have comorbidities are being counted as Covid deaths when it is probably their main conditions that were their cause of death.  Recently Colin Powell, he was suffering from multiple myeloma and Parkinson's when he caught Covid, so Covid was listed as his cause of death.

So, if anyone is going to ask me if "a million deaths is enough", I ask them if all those million died OF or died WITH.  Then get over their hysteria.
Vaccines by Disease
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-diseases.html

"Vaccines are available for these 18 dangerous or deadly diseases. Over the years, these vaccines have prevented countless cases of disease and saved millions of lives."
The hysteria seems to be flowing from you.  We are talking science here, not politics.  (you don't seem to be able to separate the two but simply freak out about it)  What is the difference between covid and the rest?  Nothing.  Covid is simply a disease.  How does one protect yourself from a disease--consult the current science and do what it suggests.  Well, actually, the difference between covid and the other diseases fought with a vaccine, is politics and your good buddy, trump.  He has made lying a national sport and you seem to have bought into it.  Wearing a mask drives your hysteria to silly levels.  A simple thing--wearing a mask.  How does that rob you of any freedom?  It is simply an easy thing to provide a bit of protection for you and others around you.  Ah--you just don't want to be bothered--got it.  Your lack of sympathy and compassion for your fellow man comes to the fore. 

You want total freedom to do with your body what you wish.  Right.  Since when has that ever been the case.  And should it ever be the case??  What you are actually saying is that you want to do with your body what you want, but you don't want to accept any consequence of that.  You don't have to get a license to drive a car, but if you do and you are caught, you suffer the consequences of that action.  The same with any freedom--it isn't free of the consequences of what you do.  But you don't like that.  Still in your teens, I see.  Thinking is too hard for you, so you simply believe what it is you want to.  And when the flaws of that are pointed out, you become hysterical.  If you ever decide to grow up and shoulder your responsibilities.......................ah, yeah, a pipe dream it seems.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2022, 08:33:43 PM

The facts are that if you don't have the comorbidities then you are over 99% safe. 
So fuck all those with comorbidities?
This dying with/of covid shit is tiresome. If they had not gotten covid, they'd be alive.
People who have comorbidities matter, do they not?

What the fuck happened to you that this is happening right in front of your eyes and you still deny it? It's CRAZY.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 12, 2022, 11:11:19 AM
Speaking of ill-informed idiots in large numbers trying to countermand expert recommendations:

Georgia mulls removing vaccine requirements for children
These people are pro-virus.

Ooof. It's gonna be so bad.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

the_antithesis

Cheap real estate in Georgia in the future.

SGOS

If they don't care about your personal safety and won't regulate gun ownership, is there any reason that they should care about the safety of your children?

drunkenshoe

I hope this isn't beginning of a different future map of the United States. If some states really establish something this dangerous, in time, other states would try to protect themselves through vaccine cards, domestic visas and even shut borders. When children starts to die or get crippled for life, things will look very different to politicians. Yeah, the space is huge, but how many big cities are there? And humans breed like rats. It's a matter of a few decades at most to get to the worst. Americans are very used to fly between states as if they are traveling between towns. Can you imagine? It's pretty bad. 

Mermaid

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 13, 2022, 07:32:14 AM
I hope this isn't beginning of a different future map of the United States. If some states really establish something this dangerous, in time, other states would try to protect themselves through vaccine cards, domestic visas and even shut borders. When children starts to die or get crippled for life, things will look very different to politicians. Yeah, the space is huge, but how many big cities are there? And humans breed like rats. It's a matter of a few decades at most to get to the worst. Americans are very used to fly between states as if they are traveling between towns. Can you imagine? It's pretty bad. 
To be honest, I think it is. I have never felt more unsafe in my lifetime. I've had close shaves with crazy people with guns twice (and one with explosives) within a year now, and I am frankly over it all. We are leaving the reddish region we live in as a result, I do not want to live in a place where I can't feel safe. Maybe it's my perception given where we live, (the midwest US) but I am afraid to go out at this point, and I am afraid to be home with our doors unlocked. I feel like I could get shot any moment because everyone has a gun wherever we go. Stores, malls, movie theaters, everywhere. 
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Jason Harvestdancer

QuoteThese people are pro-virus.

The term "pro-virus" indicates someone who isn't actually interested in discussion.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 13, 2022, 01:15:42 PM
The term "pro-virus" indicates someone who isn't actually interested in discussion.
Is there a legitimate discussion to be had on why a proven strategy for suppressing common diseases should be abandoned?  Because someone thinks needles are icky (best case) or believes some grifter over actual scientists (worst case)  You claim to be smart, what do you think would happen if vaccinations were no longer required?  These people (and you) of course do not present themselves as pro-virus (and rankle at the implication) but the outcome of their crazy religious and politically-driven beliefs is just so.

Hydra009

What a strange idea, pretending that the antivaxx position is on equal footing with the scientific consensus since centuries ago in order to "discuss" the "issue" (teach both sides)  Might as well debate evolution with young earth creationists.  Isn't it a tad dishonest to imply that these aren't settled questions?

Jason Harvestdancer

Yes, all those who oppose lockdowns and mandates are anti-vax.  It is either one extreme or the other.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!