News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

People who oppose vaccinations tend to be antivaxx, lol.

Shiranu

QuoteIs there a legitimate discussion to be had on why a proven strategy for suppressing common diseases should be abandoned?

AFAIK, Jason hasn't argued against vaccinations or abandoning them. If I missed it then okay, yeah that's some dumb shit, but I don't think he has.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Vaccine-induced antibodies more effective against covid than natural immunity

US excess deaths pass 1 million mark

QuoteIn 2019, before the pandemic, the CDC recorded 2.8 million deaths. But in 2020 and 2021, as the virus spread through the population, the country recorded roughly a half-million deaths each year in excess of the norm.
So that's basically 3.3 million deaths/year instead of the expected 2.8 million from all causes.  Quite a significant increase.

There's even a handy chart:  my state was one of the "lucky" ones, with *only* ~10% more deaths than normal (the only states that fared better were Maine, New Hampshire, and Hawaii (what do they have in common?)  Most of the rest of the Bible Belt is around 20%, with several standouts of viral devastation - Arizona, Wyoming, and Mississippi (what do they have in common?)

QuoteOther countries that reacted more quickly or took more aggressive postures to control viral spread early on were able to limit their death toll as well as long-term economic impacts, he said.

“We did not handle it well. That’s glaringly obvious,” he said. “The other countries got hit by the same virus, but no country has experienced the number of deaths we have, and even if you adjust for population, we are among the highest in the world.”

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

I'm fairly confident that acquiring a mild case of COVID has resulted in a change in smell. Months ago I noticed that certain things did not smell normal. Toothpaste, cheap chocolate, onions, and other things have an odd smell that I can only describe as a musty chemical smell. I did not at any time loose my sense of smell. I have not noticed any changes in memory or concentration, just a very weird additional odor associated with certain substances.

Brain shrinkage linked to COVID-19

COVID-19 may shrink the brain's gray matter, primarily in areas of the brain involved in smell and memory processing, a large study suggests.

These distinct changes in brain structure crop up in both people who required hospitalization for COVID-19 and those who had less severe infections, according to the study, published March 7 in the journal Nature. And the tissue loss and damage seen in these study participants was "above and beyond" the structural brain changes that normally occur with age, said Jessica Bernard, a neuroscientist and associate professor at Texas A&M University, who was not involved in the study. ...

Hydra009

Yeah, how come we never see a bunch of news articles about all the vaccine deaths? 🤔 (which I assume are just as numerous as the disease deaths, if not moreso)

Hydra009

Stupidity is expensive!

Hydra009

300,000 covid deaths could've been prevented with the shot

QuoteTheir findings suggest that at least "every second person" who died from COVID since vaccines became available might have been saved by getting the shot.

QuoteWest Virginia, Wyoming, Tennessee, Kentucky and Oklahoma lead the list of states where the most lives could have been saved by COVID-19 vaccines, while states with higher vaccination rates, such as Washington, D.C., Massachusetts, Puerto Rico, Vermont and Hawaii, showed the lowest numbers of vaccine-preventable deaths.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Shiranu on February 16, 2022, 08:23:36 PMAFAIK, Jason hasn't argued against vaccinations or abandoning them. If I missed it then okay, yeah that's some dumb shit, but I don't think he has.

True.  I just don't believe in mandates.  I believe in vaccinations.

I also believe in wearing seatbelts in a car and wearing helmets while riding motorcycles, yet I oppose those mandates as well.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on May 19, 2022, 10:55:32 PMTrue.  I just don't believe in mandates.  I believe in vaccinations.

I also believe in wearing seatbelts in a car and wearing helmets while riding motorcycles, yet I oppose those mandates as well.
The walk belies the talk.

Jason Harvestdancer

You mean that because I wear my seatbelt, I am making spurious claims about opposing mandates?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Hydra009

Imagine if I said that traffic lights are good and prevent unnecessary deaths and then fought to have them removed.  That's how you sound.

drunkenshoe

I'm getting a booster on Monday. But I only had 3. 2 normal, 1 booster before. Mom and dad are scheduled for August 24. (Elders are already one booster ahead.) Cases are getting up and up over here...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 22, 2022, 09:55:43 AMI'm getting a booster on Monday. But I only had 3. 2 normal, 1 booster before. Mom and dad are scheduled for August 24. (Elders are already one booster ahead.) Cases are getting up and up over here...
Have 4 shots and will get a 5th when (if ever) it is offered.  The nasal vaccine looks promising.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?