News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wuhan Corona virus

Started by Sal1981, January 28, 2020, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

So I assume vaccine hoochie or vaccine slut is a bad thing.  The comment carries unnecessary venom, I think, because I don't care about her feelings towards vaccinated women.  I prefer my women to be vaccinated and tested for as many diseases as possible, especially those often politely referred to as "social" diseases.  I learned in 4th grade to stay away from girls with cooties.  And the girls in my class avoided the boys with cooties.  I have to wonder if that woman has cooties.  And is she proud of it?

Cassia

That's the way it starts for the anti-vax (but often immunocompromised.) Tough and independent. Then there is the "it's not soo bad phase". Then it's "I can't breathe", off to the ER time. Then the tubes and machines. Could be a week or months of sedated suffering. Calls for horse paste. Then a slight recovery just before the inevitable dirt nap. And then after the failed "GoFundMe" effort; the remaining idiots fail to acknowledge or learn anything. "Let's Go Brandon", LOL.

Hydra009

The GoFundMe stuff is hilarious given their political leanings.  "If we pool our money together, we can help get people the medical care they desperately need!"  If only some other country had thought of that...

Mike Cl

I hadn't thought of her in ages! Hoochie cuchi, indeed!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

compassionate CoNsErVaTiSm

Cassia

Fingers crossed, by April it may cool off just in time for eggs and bunnys and feeling all guilty about poor jayzues who died so he could forgive me for adam. WTF

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Shiranu

He's not wrong, but that's also .5 inch pp energy to say that.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Outraged by a tan suit, willing to got to war over Great Clips closing for a month, unbothered by overloaded hospitals, can't spare a care for a cancer victim.  A very selective, warped morality.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 04, 2022, 11:51:00 PM
Apples and oranges, mate.

A better comparison then.

In 2001-2002, after the WTC attack, Bush was preparing to invade and occupy Iran and Afghanistan.  I thought that was a very bad idea.

For expressing that position, I was told that I want Americans to die when Saddam launches nukes at the US.

20 years later, we still have the DHS, the TSA, and the USAPATRIOT Act.  Many people have died as a result of the 20 years of war (and counting).  We still have troops in the Middle East, even though they are finally FINALLY out of Afghanistan.  None of the people who led us into Iraq have apologized, or even admitted that they were wrong without apology.  I personally think many of them belong in jail, but that will never happen.

Now, when I talk about some future time when the Covid hysteria is over and people regain their senses, I am told that I want grandma to die.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Dark Lightning

Many people have died from the Coronavirus who shouldn't have. If you don't get that, it isn't just on you, but on a lot of people just like you who don't care about them. Sick shit, right there.

Cassia

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 07, 2022, 09:24:17 PM
.....20 years later, we still have the DHS, the TSA, and the USAPATRIOT Act...... 
I see your point, however things have changed for the worse. Obviously domestic terrorism is the likely threat now. Ever see a list of the stuff the TSA takes off of passengers? Guns, knives, chainsaws. You can buy some of them on ebay, btw. Surely most items are accidentally carried-on out of thoughtlessness.

SGOS

QuoteA better comparison then.

In 2001-2002, after the WTC attack, Bush was preparing to invade and occupy Iran and Afghanistan.  I thought that was a very bad idea.
I thought it was a bad idea to invade Iraq (not Iran), although going into Afghanistan to kill bid Laden made sense to me.  We should have left when that was accomplished, rather than to waste time in Iraq.

There may be a future time when Covid "Hysteria" dies.  I certainly hope so because I would prefer not to live with a fast evolving deadly virus for the rest of time.  Until then I will take precautions as I see fit.

There are similarities as well as differences to 9-11.  Both created a great deal of concern about our future.  Invading Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11, and was unquestionably hysteria in action.  Some of those changes like airport security still remain prudent.  No one likes it, but the threat of terrorism, primarily domestic now, is greater than it was 20 years ago, but yes, America overreacted hysterically in many ways.

There are differences too.  The treat of death by Covid to Americans is much greater than terrorism and almost a million more have died from Covid than 9-11, and the deaths are still in progress.  Covid is more deadly and not a trumped up concoction.  Undoubtedly, there are most likely pockets of hysteria, but precautionary voluntary actions are not hysteria.  Your reaction to this as a loss of your freedom is more hysterical than our front line responders in hospitals and labs, who are pressing for people to take more safety measures.  What freedoms have you actually lost in the chaos, and do you take any blame for any of the chaos, or is it just those "other people?"