News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Heaven last forever?

Started by Unbeliever, March 07, 2019, 08:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 06, 2019, 01:26:09 AM
You're contradicting yourself. First, you said that it wasn't God's fault that man fell, and now you're saying that God planned it. Which is it? As I said before, if God had complete knowledge of every possible universe he could have created, then the fall of man was the result of God's choice, not Adam's.

The lengths Christians go through to try to romanticize the fucked up story of the Bible is astonishing. God didn't give us a choice. He gave us an ultimatum. Either worship him or be tortured in Hell for all of eternity. What you're saying would be like if a thief held someone at gun point and said, "Give me your wallet, or I'll shoot!" Then when the cops arrest him, he says, "I didn't make them give me their wallet. I gave them a choice to give it to me or reject my offer." It's bullshit. There's nothing romantic about God's plan of salvation. He created imperfect beings, blamed them for being imperfect, forced them to pointlessly kill animals on a regular basis to appease God's bloodlust, sent his son to be tortured and killed to appease his bloodlust, and said that the only way to escape eternal torture in Hell is to believe in him while he plays hide-and-seek, all the while demanding everyone to tell him how perfect and wonderful he is. If the God of the Bible exists, he is the most evil being who has ever or could ever exist.
Too bad I couldn't 'like' this twice. :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Classicists don't like the Romantics ...  that is true.  If one is pure Mozart, one can't stand Beethoven.  To be religious at all, one has to be somewhat of a Romantic.  This is why I can't imagine Vulcans (from TV) having any religion.  They are all IQ, no EQ.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jonathan

Black leaf, me thinks you are bitter that God exists, and that you are not your own god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 06, 2019, 09:27:37 AM
Creation is a joint activity,

I had some joint activity this morning, and now I feel much better!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Dark matter seems kind of like God - people claim they have evidence for God's existence, but he's really good at hiding from us. :-D
God Not Found

Jonathan

He is not hiding, you may just not want to see Him

Unbeliever

At least the Invisible Man left footprints, God doesn't eve do that.
God Not Found

Jonathan

No, but he leaves His handi-work for all to see. Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Unbeliever

The heavens declare nothing other than the laws of physics, no God needed.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 10:29:23 AM
Black leaf, me thinks you are bitter that God exists, and that you are not your own god.

Typical. When in doubt, ignore all your opponent's good points and questions and make baseless assumptions about them and why they don't "get it."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Jonathan

To blame God for evil is to deny ones own culpability. God has created the world as it is and that includes free will for us. He has set before us the way of life, and the way of death. Why did God do it? As I have stated earlier, he is giving everyone a choice. Accept the great salvation He has provided by giving His own Son Jesus, or reject Him and be damned.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 02:34:09 PM
He is not hiding, you may just not want to see Him

Oh give me a break. You Christians love to project your own weaknesses onto others. Atheists aren't the ones who see what they want to see. There are theists of many kinds. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus. They all think they've got the right religion. Christians and Muslims especially love to pretend everyone else knows they worship the right god, and everyone else is too stubbon to accept the truth. In reality, you're the ones who refuse to accept reality. You go to church on a regular basis to be programmed, you mischaracterize people outside your narrow minded belief system so you can dismiss what they say without a thought. You don't even realize how much religion limits your ability to think until you break free of it.

I was a devout believer until a few years ago. Now, I know how you people always respond to that. You're immediately going to assume that I wasn't the right kind of Christian, that I didn't understand it, or something like that. Because the moment you accept that a "true Christian" can become an unbeliever, you accept that you are vulnerable too.

I didn't become an atheist because somebody hurt me. If I was just mad at God, I'd be a misotheist, not an atheist. I didn't become an atheist because I wanted to sin. If I really wanted to sin without consequence, I'd be a Christian and pray for forgiveness afterwards. I became an atheist because I couldn't go on believing in something that was evidently not true.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jonathan on April 06, 2019, 04:02:04 PM
To blame God for evil is to deny ones own culpability. God has created the world as it is and that includes free will for us. He has set before us the way of life, and the way of death. Why did God do it? As I have stated earlier, he is giving everyone a choice. Accept the great salvation He has provided by giving His own Son Jesus, or reject Him and be damned.

Are you going to respond to a single thing we say, or are you just here proselytize? If you're not capable of intelligent debate, please let yourself out.
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

He said he was just here to have "an honest conversation" but I pointed out that he was lying, he's just here to try to convert us to his stupid cult.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found