_Xenu_

Free Steam keys:

Little Nightmares
02B5P-M7VZI-DMYQA

Project CARS
04NF0-8CHCE-Z6A4T

GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst
02AD0-QAR3I-HDFI3
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Blackleaf

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 02, 2019, 02:11:13 PM
Free Steam keys:

Little Nightmares
02B5P-M7VZI-DMYQA

Sweet. I've had that game on my wishlist for a while. Thanks.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GrinningYMIR

Any advice on getting long war to run without crashing OR viruses
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Begun, the launcher wars have.

I wanna go ahead and get this off my chest.  The decisions to make Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 exclusive to the Epic Store have been alarming moves that have shocked me to my very core (especially Outer Worlds, cause that was originally marketed with a Steam logo).  Now, I'm all for healthy competition - obviously, Steam shouldn't have a monopoly on digital games and I can totally see why some publishers might grit their teeth at the 30% cut Valve takes just to host their game on Steam, but this timed exclusive nonsense is dangerous and I foresee this going down a very dark path.

Two possibilities:
1) It falls flat.  Consumers balk and exclusive titles have poor sales.  Crisis averted.
2) It catches on.  In short order, this becomes industry standard.  Now, Bethesda games are exclusive (temporarily or perhaps permanently) to the Bethesda launcher, Ubisoft games are exclusive to UPlay, Blizzard keeps on doing what it has long been doing, etc.  Gamers typically are not going to be willing to download many launchers - they're going to focus on a few publishers that they like and ignore the rest.  This creates a very balkanized gaming community.  It also creates a community focused around a publisher, not around games, and a gaming environment in which freedom of choice is actively curtailed, which is deeply troubling to me.  We've seen the end result of that with console gamer communities - essentially walled gardens replete shit-eating fanboys, to put things bluntly.  Brand loyalty - not a passion for gaming, carries hearts and minds.

I don't want to see this happen to PC gamers and especially Steam gamers, but damned if I know how to stop this.  For now, I recommend staying firm and refusing timed exclusives (no matter how tempting) and as always, no preordering.

Stand fast.  Stand true.  Stand united.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 05, 2019, 10:31:58 PM
Begun, the launcher wars have.

I wanna go ahead and get this off my chest.  The decisions to make Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 exclusive to the Epic Store have been alarming moves that have shocked me to my very core (especially Outer Worlds, cause that was originally marketed with a Steam logo).  Now, I'm all for healthy competition - obviously, Steam shouldn't have a monopoly on digital games and I can totally see why some publishers might grit their teeth at the 30% cut Valve takes just to host their game on Steam, but this timed exclusive nonsense is dangerous and I foresee this going down a very dark path.

Two possibilities:
1) It falls flat.  Consumers balk and exclusive titles have poor sales.  Crisis averted.
2) It catches on.  In short order, this becomes industry standard.  Now, Bethesda games are exclusive (temporarily or perhaps permanently) to the Bethesda launcher, Ubisoft games are exclusive to UPlay, Blizzard keeps on doing what it has long been doing, etc.  Gamers typically are not going to be willing to download many launchers - they're going to focus on a few publishers that they like and ignore the rest.  This creates a very balkanized gaming community.  It also creates a community focused around a publisher, not around games, and a gaming environment in which freedom of choice is actively curtailed, which is deeply troubling to me.  We've seen the end result of that with console gamer communities - essentially walled gardens replete shit-eating fanboys, to put things bluntly.  Brand loyalty - not a passion for gaming, carries hearts and minds.

I don't want to see this happen to PC gamers and especially Steam gamers, but damned if I know how to stop this.  For now, I recommend staying firm and refusing timed exclusives (no matter how tempting) and as always, no preordering.

Stand fast.  Stand true.  Stand united.

Bethesda has already realized their plan of moving their games to their own launcher wasn't going to work. They recently decided to bring all their games back to Steam. That doesn't mean they won't continue trying to sell games via their own launcher, but if they try that exclusivity shit with TESVI, I don't care how good the game is. I'm not buying it until it comes to Steam.

I also agree that Steam needs competition, but exclusivity deals aren't the way to go. People are seeing what Epic Games is doing, and they don't appreciate it. They see it as a shady business practice, and that won't win them any points. You know what strategy might work? Sell the same games for cheaper on your launcher. Some people will stay loyal to Steam, despite the price difference, but some will migrate over if they see a chance to save money. Offer the publishers a better cut of their games, then maybe they will prefer to do business with you over Steam. This exclusivity shit is slimy, and it's not going to foster a good relationship with publishers or customers.
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

just saw this.

anyone who played final fantasy 7?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3UlftVKaD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQt7rH3vOk

thing with the old ps1 graphics is it left it up to the imagination what some of the monsters in it would look like today. If they ever finish an updated version of the game, be great to see the design work of things like Jenova, Hojo, and some of the other monsters and enemies.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Jenovah always confused me. When Sephiroth finds her, she's this blue-skinned woman with a glowing eye, cyan hair, and what looks like pink wings or something, and it looks like she's on life support. But when you fight her in game, she's this hulking beast with tentacles.
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 11, 2019, 12:08:17 AM
Jenovah always confused me. When Sephiroth finds her, she's this blue-skinned woman with a glowing eye, cyan hair, and what looks like pink wings or something, and it looks like she's on life support. But when you fight her in game, she's this hulking beast with tentacles.

Story is that jenova is a powerful parasite that came from space, known as the calamity from space, and it infested a host female body, explaining why it looks like a woman to start, until sephiroth in a fit of insanity cut off the host bodies head, which didn't actually kill it, it was more a token move in the story showing sephiroth leaving his humanity behind and embracing the thing Hojo created him to be, a weapon of destruction without any empathy.

Think of jenova like the g-virus when it overtook william Berlin in resident evil 2, only a lot more sentient

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on April 11, 2019, 03:01:06 AM
Story is that jenova is a powerful parasite that came from space, known as the calamity from space, and it infested a host female body, explaining why it looks like a woman to start, until sephiroth in a fit of insanity cut off the host bodies head, which didn't actually kill it, it was more a token move in the story showing sephiroth leaving his humanity behind and embracing the thing Hojo created him to be, a weapon of destruction without any empathy.

Think of jenova like the g-virus when it overtook william Berlin in resident evil 2, only a lot more sentient

It's been a while, but wasn't collecting parts of Jenovah's body part of Sephiroth's goal early on? I remember him breaking into Shinra's building and stealing the headless body. Was it just more parasite material to use?
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 11, 2019, 03:10:28 AM
It's been a while, but wasn't collecting parts of Jenovah's body part of Sephiroth's goal early on? I remember him breaking into Shinra's building and stealing the headless body. Was it just more parasite material to use?

Think it was all to do with the weird ritual he needed to obtain his goals, find the black meteria and unleash meteor to cause the lifestream to release itself and become a god. Think I'm missing why he needed her body, it has been a while.

GrinningYMIR

Sephiroth was killed by cloud 5 years before the beginning of FF7, his body was lost but he refused to be absorbed into the lifestream. Over time he learned from it and began regenerating his body into a new image, but still neeeded one to accomplish his goals. Jenova didn’t expect his willpower to be so strong and at the shinra headquarters finally used his willpower to take control of her body and morph it into his old image. Breaking out of the holding pin and killing anyone in his way.

It was sort of lost in development but originally as you fought jenovas you’d see various parts of her body left behind. Jenova SYNTHESIS is regarded as the true form of Jenova. You can still see a reference to this when cloud remarks about the arm of jenova after the fight against jenova BIRTH
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

_Xenu_

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 02, 2019, 02:43:31 PM
Sweet. I've had that game on my wishlist for a while. Thanks.

Little Nightmares review:

Per your recommendation I started playing this one, and just finished it. The controls are a bit clunky at times, but it really draws you in as a stealth horror game. The enemies look like something from Hellraiser in stop motion. They are fascinating to watch while you are safely hidden, just to see what they will do as part of their routines. The player will always be curious about what's in the next room.

_Xenu_

Free Steam keys:

The Turing Test
09IDB-J5PN3-LJ6BW

Black The Fall
08W3M-I5AI8-0EIPK

Blackleaf

Looks like EA forgot to cancel their latest single player Star Wars game. Oopsie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 17, 2019, 11:15:02 AM
Looks like EA forgot to cancel their latest single player Star Wars game. Oopsie!
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.  But more happening in EA, I fear, than has been revealed.  If there's a bright center to the universe, EA is the planet that it's farthest from.