News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

don't blame me this site rejects my exquisite tastes in comedy.

there we go, nightmare fuel. sleep well.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Seems Dr Robotnik successfully replaced the real Sonic with a diabolical doppelganger.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2019, 07:39:16 PM
Congratulations on your simulated capitalism ;-)  In my simulated imperialism, I am perfectly ruthless.

I can understand that.  Is there a game you play to express your simulated imperialism"?  Other than here, of course...  I am always interested in understanding you better.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 04, 2019, 12:08:26 AM
I can understand that.  Is there a game you play to express your simulated imperialism"?  Other than here, of course...  I am always interested in understanding you better.

Rome Total War I ... never got the newer "steam" version.  It is on-line, but pre-"steam" technically.  Kinda depressing ... in competition someone has to lose, and sometimes it is ... me ;-(  Took me more than one long session, but the Ptolemies of Egypt won this weekend.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 04, 2019, 05:24:14 AM
Rome Total War I ... never got the newer "steam" version.  It is on-line, but pre-"steam" technically.  Kinda depressing ... in competition someone has to lose, and sometimes it is ... me ;-(  Took me more than one long session, but the Ptolemies of Egypt won this weekend.

Civ2 has some very difficult scenarios.  I can't win the Roman one as the Romans OR as their enemies. (the AI gets to cheat a bit).  The WWII scenarios takes serious work as the Soviets (and I won't reveal how) and I've only beaten it on "goal points".  I can't win as Germans on Allies either.  As I said, the AI gets to cheat.  But I get a bit closer every game.  But you need an old Win 95/98 computer to play that.  At least it is not a real-time game.   You get to think bout moves as long as you want.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 03, 2019, 09:51:34 PM
Seems Dr Robotnik successfully replaced the real Sonic with a diabolical doppelganger.

Or all this time Dr robotnik knew sonic was really a Lovecraftian abomination, and built robot suits for animals to protect them.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on March 04, 2019, 06:04:30 AM
Civ2 has some very difficult scenarios.  I can't win the Roman one as the Romans OR as their enemies. (the AI gets to cheat a bit).  The WWII scenarios takes serious work as the Soviets (and I won't reveal how) and I've only beaten it on "goal points".  I can't win as Germans on Allies either.  As I said, the AI gets to cheat.  But I get a bit closer every game.  But you need an old Win 95/98 computer to play that.  At least it is not a real-time game.   You get to think bout moves as long as you want.
I have grown to hate 'real-time' games.  I have tried a few, but I usually play my games to relax and not stay adrenaline-typed all the time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 04, 2019, 10:35:25 AM
I have grown to hate 'real-time' games.  I have tried a few, but I usually play my games to relax and not stay adrenaline-typed all the time.
It depends.  Not all RTS games are clickfests requiring rapid micromanagement.  I really like Sins of a Solar Empire precisely because it's focused more on large-scale strategic choices than micromanagement.

In that game, what really matters is where you send your fleet, what planets you build up, which planets remain lightly developed/defended, and what techs you research.  You don't have to spend all your time babysitting your missile corvettes.  The new expansion further diminishes micromanagement by having uncontrollable allied ships periodically spawn in your empire, automatically defending against any small raids so you can focus more on major engagements than minor annoyances.

Age of Empires 3 is also relatively sedate.  You'll spend most of your time sending an explorer across the map while building up your town.  Army VS army combat is usually more of a lategame thing.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 04, 2019, 06:04:30 AM

I also deeply suspect that the AI cheats in my game too.  It is running multiple opponents.  And whenever either I or a computer algorithm player gets close to winning ... the signal goes out to all (including allies) ... turn on the successful bastard before it is too late.  To win in my game, you have to arrange the defeat of your designated targets (usually 2) in such a way that when you get close to winning, the other "players" aren't close enough to interfere.  In this particular game, Armenia and Seleucid Empire are the opponents of Ptolemaic Egypt.  The other neighbors aren't eager to be allies ... and as allies are unreliable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 04, 2019, 11:52:32 AM
It depends.  Not all RTS games are clickfests requiring rapid micromanagement.  I really like Sins of a Solar Empire precisely because it's focused more on large-scale strategic choices than micromanagement.

In that game, what really matters is where you send your fleet, what planets you build up, which planets remain lightly developed/defended, and what techs you research.  You don't have to spend all your time babysitting your missile corvettes.  The new expansion further diminishes micromanagement by having uncontrollable allied ships periodically spawn in your empire, automatically defending against any small raids so you can focus more on major engagements than minor annoyances.

Age of Empires 3 is also relatively sedate.  You'll spend most of your time sending an explorer across the map while building up your town.  Army VS army combat is usually more of a lategame thing.
Not familiar with Sins of a Solar Empire.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on March 04, 2019, 06:31:03 AM
Or all this time Dr robotnik knew sonic was really a Lovecraftian abomination, and built robot suits for animals to protect them.

Nobody seems to question Sonic's favorite food, the chili dog. Made from the same species as his "friend" Picky the pig. Coincidence, or is Sonic secretly "saving" his friends, only to consume their delicious processed flesh afterwords?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 04, 2019, 11:17:05 PM
Nobody seems to question Sonic's favorite food, the chili dog. Made from the same species as his "friend" Picky the pig. Coincidence, or is Sonic secretly "saving" his friends, only to consume their delicious processed flesh afterwords?

that might explain why we never see a pig or cow friend in sonics main lineup.

also, heres peppa pig selling hotdogs

GrinningYMIR

Been playing the original fallouts recently, fallout 1 and 2, beat FO1 decently, didn’t realize how pathetically weak you are at the beginning of 2 and how hard the encounters can be. It’s been a Delight tbh. Really fun. You go up against 8 guys with grease guns and get your ass handed to you
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on March 05, 2019, 07:00:11 AM
that might explain why we never see a pig or cow friend in sonics main lineup.

also, heres peppa pig selling hotdogs

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cannibalism? This is a show for kids!?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 04, 2019, 11:17:05 PM
Chili dogs are a popular food in Sonic's part of the world and one of the few food items still served in Robotropolis (why?)

It's unclear exactly how chili dogs are prepared in Sonic's universe, but I would assume - and fervently hope - that they're vegan.  I tend to assume the same of MLP foodstuffs, which include cake (contains eggs) and gelatin (contains...)