News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 09:36:43 AM
I've probably asked this before, and couldn't get the game on my Mac.  But I could hook the Windows PC to the router.  Where do I get that game?

http://store.steampowered.com

Download the Steam software from here and install it. Use the Steam software to buy, install, and play games. Keep in mind that different games have different system requirements. If your computer isn't built for gamig, it probably can't handle something like The Witcher 3.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 18, 2018, 11:12:43 AM
http://store.steampowered.com

Download the Steam software from here and install it. Use the Steam software to buy, install, and play games. Keep in mind that different games have different system requirements. If your computer isn't built for gamig, it probably can't handle something like The Witcher 3.

Bookmarked it...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 18, 2018, 09:36:43 AM
I've probably asked this before, and couldn't get the game on my Mac.  But I could hook the Windows PC to the router.  Where do I get that game?
It's on Steam -- steam.com, or through your Steam client on the PC.  The website is here.  The Steam page should be here; I can't verify that because I'm at work and game sites are filtered.

I have finished it, but I expect to revisit it because the worlds are huge and I know I don't remember where everything is.  And they periodically add new levels -- they just added a winter-themed one.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hijiri Byakuren

I'm recording my efforts to learn Dominions 5. Click here to watch the ensuing trainwreck. The saga continues every day at 10am PST.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 20, 2018, 07:30:36 PM
I'm recording my efforts to learn Dominions 5. Click here to watch the ensuing trainwreck. The saga continues every day at 10am PST.

Annoying nerd narrating a game...

Mike Cl

Of all things--hooked on Morrowind again.   :dance:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 24, 2018, 09:38:20 AM
Of all things--hooked on Morrowind again.   :dance:

Hey, Morrowind was an awesome game. It blew my mind when I heard it had zero invisible walls, and that you could walk for several minutes in any direction. At the time, I don't know if there were any other games with that kind of free movement. And it had an open-class system, where your character could use any weapon, magic, or skill, and what your character was good at depended on how often you used the skill. The game gave the player so much freedom.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 24, 2018, 10:04:10 AM
Hey, Morrowind was an awesome game. It blew my mind when I heard it had zero invisible walls, and that you could walk for several minutes in any direction. At the time, I don't know if there were any other games with that kind of free movement. And it had an open-class system, where your character could use any weapon, magic, or skill, and what your character was good at depended on how often you used the skill. The game gave the player so much freedom.
I think the last time I played it was about 10 yrs ago.  It hooked me on RPG's in general--until then I was strictly a Civ guy.  Morrowind hooked me as no other game had up to that time.  Oblivion and all the games that followed in that  line--up to and including Fallout 4.  Saw Steam had a reworked version on sale, and my old game would no longer work on my computer, I downloaded it.  The graphics are a bit dated, of course, but not as bad as I had feared.  The game itself is still very very good and the story(s) line is good, maybe the best of the entire series.  Anyway, hooked again...................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Morrowind is an a amazing game.  My first taste of a true open world.  And its story and faction system are great.

It has aged, but there are efforts underway to improve its graphics.  Skyblivion is coming.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cavebear on January 24, 2018, 04:31:36 AM
Annoying nerd narrating a game...
If you’re going to criticize, at least be constructive. Being an ass about it doesn’t help me improve the quality of my videos.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 24, 2018, 10:32:21 AM
I think the last time I played it was about 10 yrs ago.  It hooked me on RPG's in general--until then I was strictly a Civ guy.  Morrowind hooked me as no other game had up to that time.  Oblivion and all the games that followed in that  line--up to and including Fallout 4.  Saw Steam had a reworked version on sale, and my old game would no longer work on my computer, I downloaded it.  The graphics are a bit dated, of course, but not as bad as I had feared.  The game itself is still very very good and the story(s) line is good, maybe the best of the entire series.  Anyway, hooked again...................

If you have a decent PC, mod it. You can get the game looking much better that way.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 24, 2018, 11:14:58 AM
If you’re going to criticize, at least be constructive. Being an ass about it doesn’t help me improve the quality of my videos.

My apologies.  You are quite correct.  I was criticizing something I knew little about.  I regret posting without understanding.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbXOHZW8co

Battlefleet Gothic 2 will contain all 12 factions.

The previous one had Orks, Eldar, Imperial Navy, Chaos, and Tau.

The sequels adds Necrons and Tyranids, and several other factions.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2018, 10:48:49 AM
Morrowind is an a amazing game.  My first taste of a true open world.  And its story and faction system are great.

It has aged, but there are efforts underway to improve its graphics.  Skyblivion is coming.

You mean Skywind. Skyblivion is the project that recreates Oblivion in Skyrim's engine.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 27, 2018, 02:18:14 PM
You mean Skywind. Skyblivion is the project that recreates Oblivion in Skyrim's engine.

And here my major project for the day is cutting a rectangular vinyl tablecloth to fit the card table I want to reset my Windows computer onto for games...  I use a Mac for talking here.  The Windows is just for games.