News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Finally an item sink in RuneScape with the Invention skill.

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on January 31, 2016, 11:04:19 PM
Top seven by playtime: Skyrim, Space Engineers, Civ 5, AoE 2, Endless Space, Rise of Nations, Sword of the Stars

I tried to get back into Morrowind. But, I got spoiled by the quest and leveling system of Skyrim. I added the mod to add Morrowind music to Skyrim. But, it's not the same as equipping a dress that is enchanted to levitate the player. I called it "Rising Skirt."
The very best thing about Morrowind was traveling from city to city by levitating in the air surrounded by a shield spell and wearing pretty much godlike armor...

...and not seeing a single cliffracer.

doorknob

my sister and her fiance got us an xbox one. Not that I'm not greatful but with one remote! Facepalm. Gift for the whole family turns out to be a gift for my son mostly. Right now all we have are minecraft destiny and call of duty.

Mike Cl

I tend to play the hell out of my fav games as well.  My top games are now FO 4, Skyrim, FO3, New vegas, DA:Origins and the STALKER series.  I replay them all.  Which is why I rarely get a game when it first comes out.  I'm busy with a replay, usually.  The only game I can remember getting the day it was released was FO4; still happy I did so.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Nonsensei

Quote from: doorknob on February 01, 2016, 08:19:56 AM
my sister and her fiance got us an xbox one. Not that I'm not greatful but with one remote! Facepalm. Gift for the whole family turns out to be a gift for my son mostly. Right now all we have are minecraft destiny and call of duty.

But if they give you a second controller, that means you wont have to buy a second controller!
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Started playing Dota again. My friend doesn't play anymore because it makes him too angry. I've known for a while (even though I've denied it to myself) that I always have shitty games because of him. He really just makes the game no fun. "Everything is everyone else's fault." Which he always says other people say when they make  mistakes, but he does it a lot himself. Only thing is, he doesn't let it go. He clamps down stubbornly and ruins the entire game.

But anyway, I played a few games last night with my friend and we had a great time. 2 great games full of teamwork. Amazing how well you play when you're not stressed out by your angry friend.

Sal1981

Angry people are more prone to make mistakes. Yes, that's a blanket statement, comeatmebro.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 03, 2016, 02:02:05 PM
Angry people are more prone to make mistakes. Yes, that's a blanket statement, comeatmebro.
It's very true though. I've played a few more games last night as well with my other friend (not the one that I was just talking about) We have a good time. Even though we lost a few we had a good time. Sometimes the other team is just better/picks a better lot of heroes. No big deal. Play, have fun, and play again. All there is too it.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 03, 2016, 02:02:05 PM
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 03, 2016, 02:02:05 PMAngry people are more prone to make mistakes. Yes, that's a blanket statement, comeatmebro.
Grrr!  That's totally uncalled for, Munch.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 03, 2016, 02:48:11 PM
It's very true though. I've played a few more games last night as well with my other friend (not the one that I was just talking about) We have a good time. Even though we lost a few we had a good time. Sometimes the other team is just better/picks a better lot of heroes. No big deal. Play, have fun, and play again. All there is too it.
Losing is in multiplayer games is a common, inevitable thing.  It's pointless and possibly counterproductive to get worked up over a loss.

That said, a decisive victory feels amazing.  In World of Tanks, the best thing is to rescue beleaguered teammates then form up with them and counterattack the enemy lines, busting through and annihilating all opposition.  Sometimes, the enemy gets overwhelmed so fast they can't even effectively engage.  Good times.

kilodelta

It still surprises me in all PUG matches when people get upset about poor playing and lack of teamwork... Actually, I should say "it should surprise me."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

I mean, it can get a tiny bit frustrating when people don't do things that are and should be common sense. Like if you wipe out 3 of their players and you still have all 5, everyone there in that team fight should push the lane and tower. But it's just a game and you should have fun with it. Being an asshole about it isn't going to get your team more fluid with each other. It just makes things worse. If someone is being an ass over the mic/text chat, mute them. If you hear someone being toxic, it ruins your own personal gameplay and you start playing worse.

That being said, if anyone wants to play dota with me, lmk lol

Sal1981

Ahh, nostalgia, thy sweet sweet and discordant honey sting leaves my eyes watery of things gone, but not forgotten.

Some dude who plays a Commodore 64 version of Bruce Lee (poorly) to completion in 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzW7T-bwBc