News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 29, 2015, 10:11:11 PM
Does ANYONE know how to get generals to install form disk on Win 8.1?!? it keeps spitting out my CD and I don't feel like shelling out 20 bucks to buy it from Origin right now, Anyone know how?!
Yeah-get Win. 7.  That 's what I did--hate Win 8.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

*Internal Hype Intensifies Immensely*
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2015, 07:17:51 PM

*Internal Hype Intensifies Immensely*
Looks like MY kind of game!  Does this come for the PC as well?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2015, 07:45:44 PM
Looks like MY kind of game!  Does this come for the PC as well?

Ps4 exclusive I'm afraid.

This is why I picked up the 4... Sony always has had strong grip on the exclusive titles.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2015, 08:23:55 PM
Ps4 exclusive I'm afraid.

This is why I picked up the 4... Sony always has had strong grip on the exclusive titles.
Well, hell--fuck Sony!!  That one looks good.  LMK if you like it.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 30, 2015, 08:26:08 PM
Well, hell--fuck Sony!!  That one looks good.  LMK if you like it.

Will do. In all honesty, I hate the whole exclusive thing... there are several XB1 exclusives (*cough* Gears of War series *cough*) that make me heavily want to drop several hundred on an XB1 just for them. It would be nice to just be able to buy a nice PC and play all of these games on there. At the same time... there is something about console gaming that I just enjoy. I realise it's not as good of graphics, and the controller isn't as efficient... but there is never-the-less a "fun factor" to console gaming and that, to me, is what I look for in a game.

I try to keep my hype down so I'm not broken hearted by a game, especially in non-series games,  but I am letting myself get slightly hyped for this. The story, the graphics, the environment and "culture" of the tribes involved, and the fact it has open-world master Bestheda developers PLUS CodeRed (the Witcher series) developers working on it just makes me extremely hopeful.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2015, 08:31:29 PM
Will do. In all honesty, I hate the whole exclusive thing... there are several XB1 exclusives (*cough* Gears of War series *cough*) that make me heavily want to drop several hundred on an XB1 just for them. It would be nice to just be able to buy a nice PC and play all of these games on there. At the same time... there is something about console gaming that I just enjoy. I realise it's not as good of graphics, and the controller isn't as efficient... but there is never-the-less a "fun factor" to console gaming and that, to me, is what I look for in a game.

I try to keep my hype down so I'm not broken hearted by a game, especially in non-series games,  but I am letting myself get slightly hyped for this. The story, the graphics, the environment and "culture" of the tribes involved, and the fact it has open-world master Bestheda developers PLUS CodeRed (the Witcher series) developers working on it just makes me extremely hopeful.
The trailer really got my gaming juices going. :))  If it lives up to the trailer, I may have to pick up a PS-4.  But I do like my PC for gaming much much more than any console I've seen.

Sal1981

Hooked (yet again) on Minecraft, and on an "extended leave" from RuneScape. Currently only playing Vanilla 1.8.8, but I do have the PE Windows 10 game as well, but it's sorely underdeveloped. Once it's on par on with the PC version I'll play that instead since it runs a lot more smoothly and looks better (it's written in C++ instead of Java).

But damn I'm having fun in Vanilla singleplayer. Too much fun. Was up almost all last night because I wanted to expand my iron golem farm. I have a ton of projects I want to try and build, both functionally and aesthetically. One project I want to do when I got 8 spawn cells in my iron golem farm is a huge arena like mob grinder (think Colosseum and gladiators) that will store and with the push of a button just unload hordes of mobs at the player, but maybe that'll be better for a server than in singleplayer. I want to build a proper castle, not these small cobblestone outpostish buildings, I mean something that'll fill a surface area of 128x128 or more.

But so far I haven't even defeated the Enderdragon yet, although I have found a Stronghold, nor any Wither. I've built an sky mob xp x-grinder ('x' hence the shape), a sky mob grinder for resources that also works as an Enderman trap (I use 4 waterdispensers to flood a darkroom and the endermen teleport down to the trap where I lure them into a retracting sticky-piston 44 block drop trap), an artificial village that started out with 2 turned zombie villagers. A small (only 4 connections) Nether portal hub. A waterdispenser farm and a very crude base. As well as the usual chicken, cow and pig farms.

I also get a lot of good ideas from the Minecraft forums that I want to try out.

My old SpiritZ clan will have a whitelisted server up anytime soon, which I'll probably gonna do a shitton on.

Oh, and the seed I play on, if you want to check what it looks like, it's "1", lol.

Solitary

I really wanted to get that game for my PC, because it could be a continuation of Mass Effect 3 which I still love playing after all these years.  I'm still waiting for so-called Mass Effect 4.  I hope it is worth the wait. And I hope they have you looking for up grades from exploring other planets with a rover.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

Mad Max for the PC.  Any opinions?  The trailer looked very, very good. 

Munch

Holy smokes batman! Ryu got uber manly O.o

Even the sheep at the back theres like "Woooh, Dat ass!"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Shouldn't he have rubber boots on?  :biggrin2:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on September 03, 2015, 09:59:02 AM
Shouldn't he have rubber boots on?  :biggrin2:

maybe he tapped into his inner foot fetish?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on September 03, 2015, 08:34:09 AMHoly smokes batman! Ryu got uber manly O.o
I kinda like how Ryu used to look better.

He's strong and fit, but not some hulking beefcake.  He actually has a medium build that you can tell has been honed through rigorous training.  Taking that and exaggerating the proportions just makes him looks cartoonish, imo.

Real fighters have curves!  :P

kilodelta

Quote from: Munch on September 03, 2015, 08:34:09 AM
Holy smokes batman! Ryu got uber manly O.o

Even the sheep at the back theres like "Woooh, Dat ass!"

Holy shitballs. His feet are huge.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know