News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Jutter on June 18, 2015, 05:23:20 PM
All the wizard goals congrats. What table do you have your sights set on now? Season 1 has some great tables. Monster Bash and Elvira's scared stiff are personal favorites.

At this point, I'm focused on just completing all the Standard Goals for all of season one. I have no illusions on getting all the wizard goals for these tables. I'm not that good. But the standard goals are designed to be something you can bumble into dick first.

The ones that are giving me trouble still are Black Hole, Black Knight, Harley Davidson Third Edition, Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights (yes, the free one) but the worst one is Star Trek the Next Generation. I swear to fuck, there must be magnets in the outlanes and I can't seem to hit a target to save my life. I only have two fucking stars on that one and I'm actually surprised by that.

Once I get all the standard goals, I'll likely get another season. I'm not that much of a wizard. It is kind of disappointing that the later seasons seem to have fewer and fewer tables for the same price.

QuoteHere's an extra little reward for you. Minecraft in what even you would call proper 3D.

Yep, that's three dimensional all right. I kind of wish they had shown more of what this "holo-lens" thing looked like on the screen. That thing kind of reminds me of the tech demo "altered reality" for the 3DS.

However, since this uses glasses, I suspect it's still stereoscopy, so those same problems remain, but it adds head tracking which may or may not make a difference.

Thing is, though, Nintendo never did much with that AR tech. Some games came with AR cards which gave you virtual Amibos, which is about as great as it sounds. Part of the reason why is that needing to move the 3DS around would fuck up the 3D viewing experience, but mostly it was probably because they couldn't think of anything to do with it, which is too bad. I suspect if this holo-lens is going to catch on, they're going to need to come up with something that will benefit from it. FPSes will likely not benefit very much, but I think RTS would do well. Also shit like the Sims, I guess.

Hydra009

Anyone play Rome II Total War?  It's pretty cheap on Steam right now and I"m wondering if I should pick it up.  But is it worth the price?

This game had tons of hype at first but seriously horrible bugs/flaws (rugby-style formations, bad AI, long end-of-turn times, random crashes, etc) that gave players a really bad first impression.  I hear they've patched stuff quite a big since then, so maybe it's a better experience.  But damn, I'm looking at reviews and they're all over the place.  I'm not even sure these people are all reviewing the same game.

Someone with some experience, please set me straight!

Jutter

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 20, 2015, 10:33:44 AM
but the worst one is Star Trek the Next Generation. I swear to fuck, there must be magnets in the outlanes and I can't seem to hit a target to save my life. I only have two fucking stars on that one and I'm actually surprised by that.

Once I get all the standard goals, I'll likely get another season. I'm not that much of a wizard. It is kind of disappointing that the later seasons seem to have fewer and fewer tables for the same price.
That Start Trek table's a tricky one for sure. (The real table's no easier; so I know from experience). An important combo is the Picard Manouvre, where you shoot through the left spinner, and the 'horizontal' ramp from the sideflipper straight afterwards. For a 45 million headstart, choose the fourth option at ball-launch. 10 million per ball-lock and a 25 million bonus the third time.

As for the drop in table releases. That may be because the old frequency wasn't commercially sustainable with the increase of platforms to devolp tables for (Farsight is a fairly small studio), but what surely played a part is that at first they were re-releasing updated versions of tables they already had from their previous game "Williams Hall Of Fame". That well dried up during season two.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Also. Does anyone play Dota at all?

No?

Ok never mind.... :lol:

Shiranu

Getting to first sex scene in witcher 3... not much of a blonde person, but damnnn son.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

kilodelta

The theme music is great... as to be expected. Oversized weapons... check. Yup. I am just wondering how the combat system will turn out.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

The main character in FF15 seems a bit goth though. I'll just stay away from vampire hunters. That should work.

Hydra009

So I bought Fallout: New Vegas for about the same price as a tuna sub.  Not a bad deal.

I talked to a guy I know about it.  He said he purchased Fallout 4 for $5.
Wat!
I tilted my head and asked him to repeat himself.  He meant that he reserved Fallout 4 for $5.  Yeah, like it's a hotel room or something.  "Oh, sorry, you can't buy Fallout 4, someone else already bought it."  What da fuq.  After gaming online for over a decade now, the idea of video game scarcity is a foreign concept.  What dystopian Earth would allow such a practice?  I mean, this is like driving to a Blockbuster to rent a movie.  Actually, it's more like paying Blockbuster $5 to keep a movie in stock for you when it gets released months from now.  I can't even comprehend that.

Is this...is this...normal?   :question:

tl;dr:  today, I got a game and my pal got umm...shelf space rent, I guess.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 21, 2015, 03:21:03 AM
So I bought Fallout: New Vegas for about the same price as a tuna sub.  Not a bad deal.

I talked to a guy I know about it.  He said he purchased Fallout 4 for $5.
Wat!
I tilted my head and asked him to repeat himself.  He meant that he reserved Fallout 4 for $5.  Yeah, like it's a hotel room or something.  "Oh, sorry, you can't buy Fallout 4, someone else already bought it."  What da fuq.  After gaming online for over a decade now, the idea of video game scarcity is a foreign concept.  What dystopian Earth would allow such a practice?  I mean, this is like driving to a Blockbuster to rent a movie.  Actually, it's more like paying Blockbuster $5 to keep a movie in stock for you when it gets released months from now.  I can't even comprehend that.

Is this...is this...normal?   :question:

tl;dr:  today, I got a game and my pal got umm...shelf space rent, I guess.
doesn't seem right to me.  I mean, why reserve a future game?  Especially one in which you don't need the disc to play it?  Doesn't make much sense.  As PT Barnum said......................!

You should like New Vegas.  But take your time with it.  Don't rush through the main quest.  Take your time to stop and smell, well, the dead roses................or ghoulies. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Can I reserve the next post for 5 bucks?

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on June 21, 2015, 12:22:32 PM
Can I reserve the next post for 5 bucks?
Sure--send me the 5 and it's yours!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 21, 2015, 01:01:59 PM

There are no words to express how thankful I am.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 21, 2015, 01:01:59 PM
Don't listen to him!  Send me 10 bucks and sign a third party EULA and your post will have a 120 character limit instead of a 15 character limit and it'll get at least one upvote!*

* availability of upvotes may vary

This post sponsored by Mountain Dew.  FUEL UP FOR BATTLE!

kilodelta

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 21, 2015, 01:11:50 PM
Don't listen to him!  Send me 10 bucks and sign a third party EULA and your post will have a 120 character limit instead of a 15 character limit and it'll get at least one upvote!*

* availability of upvotes may vary

This post sponsored by Mountain Dew.  FUEL UP FOR BATTLE!

Can I rollover my unused characters to the next post for a small additional fee?