Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

That looks kind of intense.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Good Old Games has started their summer sale.  I'd link it, but I don't want to appear like a shill.

TellTale's Game of Thrones for $18.  Not bad.  The rest is kinda meh.  Either old titles (even some 90s stuff) or indie games, which for me have always been sort of...imagine Russian Roulette except one of the chambers is filled with liquid awesomeness but two chambers are filled with actual bullets.

Hydra009

Fallout 4 is officially announced!  Coming soon sometime.  Get hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

The graphics are amazing!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2015, 04:36:55 AM
Fallout 4 is officially announced!  Coming soon sometime.  Get hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

The graphics are amazing!
O. M. G.!!!!  Just came three times watching that trailer!!!!  I must have close to 4,000 hrs into Fallout 3 and New Vegas combined.  So, do you think I like them???  No--I live them!!  This is going to be a looooong wait.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

If you liked the trailer, you'll love this.  Details from an alleged ex-employee.  Granted, it's a suspicious source, but she managed to predict the announcement date from almost a year ago, so it's either one hell of a lucky guess or someone who really knows their stuff.  Obviously, things have changed in the development process since almost a year ago, but the general picture should hold up.  If the source is correct, we should expect an October release.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2015, 12:39:38 PM
If you liked the trailer, you'll love this.  Details from an alleged ex-employee.  Granted, it's a suspicious source, but she managed to predict the announcement date from almost a year ago, so it's either one hell of a lucky guess or someone who really knows their stuff.  Obviously, things have changed in the development process since almost a year ago, but the general picture should hold up.  If the source is correct, we should expect an October release.
I've been taking an unofficial poll count on the game review sites--most think that the release will be this year.  October seems to be popular--it feeds into the Christmas buying season.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

A. I'll probably get it, even though I couldn't stand Fallout 3 or New Vegas (or Skyrim for that matter).

B. War... war never changes? Serious-fucking-ly? Ser. I. Ous. Llllllly? Does every trailer have to have that in it?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on June 04, 2015, 07:39:05 PM
A. I'll probably get it, even though I couldn't stand Fallout 3 or New Vegas (or Skyrim for that matter).

B. War... war never changes? Serious-fucking-ly? Ser. I. Ous. Llllllly? Does every trailer have to have that in it?
Why would you get it if you disliked the three you mentioned?  Seems to me that would be a waste of money--and time.  Did you like Morrowind or Oblivion?  I bet you didn't.  Fallout 4 will be spiffyied (that's a word isn't it??) up version of FO 3 and NV.  Tell ya what--I'll get it and tell you what's it about and how the feel of it is.  Then you can decide.  And yes, they do have to say 'War.....war never changes.'  It's sort of a trademark of the entire series.  Sort of ties one to the other.

kilodelta

I have not played any of the Fallout games... Am I kicked out of this thread?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: kilodelta on June 04, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
I have not played any of the Fallout games... Am I kicked out of this thread?
No. I played fallout 2 or something and didn't have the patience for the intro. I forget why though.... It had to do with another game I was overly obsessed with at the time.

PickelledEggs

I made a combo video for Raiden. An easy 34% (35% if it's ended with a grab) of the health bar will be eliminated with this combo.

.... now if only I can execute it in a real match when I'm under pressure and not just in practice mode.... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZJ1Kpx4Jc

kilodelta

I bought New Vegas... the doctor in the beginning that pulled the bullet out of my skull couldn't tell if I was male or female...

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on June 05, 2015, 08:32:51 PM
I bought New Vegas... the doctor in the beginning that pulled the bullet out of my skull couldn't tell if I was male or female...
He never can. :)  Or is too polite to tell you how ugly you are. :)  Oh, and don't forget to steal the good Doc blind before you leave his house.

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 05, 2015, 08:55:39 PM
He never can. :)  Or is too polite to tell you how ugly you are. :)  Oh, and don't forget to steal the good Doc blind before you leave his house.

It seemed like all he had was junk. I stopped stealing junk in Morrowind. As a thief, I have standards.

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on June 06, 2015, 12:18:55 AMI stopped stealing junk in Morrowind. As a thief, I have standards.
It's not about making money, it's about taking money.  :P

And in Morrowind, I sold practically everything to Ra'virr.  His gag is that he claims he has daedric weapons for sale, even though he doesn't actually have any.  Well, he has them now.   He's the richest bastard in all Balmora.  He now wears the finest robes and his chests are full of gold.