News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

If anyone has Sid Meier's Starships, I'd like to get a detailed report as to how much beer I must drink to enjoy it.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on March 04, 2015, 11:16:25 PM
Oh please, don't let BF3 suck... please EA gods, if there is one game I don't want you to fuck up on...
Battlefield 3? didn't that come out last year?

missingnocchi

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 14, 2015, 11:50:18 PM
Battlefield 3? didn't that come out last year?
Star Wars Battlefront 3
What's a "Leppo?"

PickelledEggs

Quote from: missingnocchi on March 15, 2015, 12:10:00 AM
Star Wars Battlefront 3
oh... :lol: Completely different game. I was WAY off haha

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

I have the exact opposite problem of this guy.  Maybe not super evil, but definitely towards lawful evil.  HK-47 and Canderous ftw.  Plus, the solution to all your problems is a force choke away.  :)

NPC won't give you the quest item unless you run his sidequest first?  Force choke.
Need info from a prisoner?  Force choke.
Annoyed by an NPC?  Force choke.

I have a really hard time attaining the good ending on practically any game.

Sal1981

I remember to the expansion to Baldur's Gate 2 ending you could have evil, neutral or good ending only depending on the amount of karma or whatever it was called that measured your repute in the game. The evil ending was badass btw.

GrinningYMIR

I'm the opposite, I can't make many evil moves any more XD

Kotor 2 got all of the evil out of me
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 16, 2015, 10:35:12 PM
I'm the opposite, I can't make many evil moves any more XD

Kotor 2 got all of the evil out of me
I absolutely love Fallout New Vegas.  But I have yet to see what it is like to take the side of Caesar.  I must have 2000+ hours in, all I can do is kill any of caesar's men I run across.  And I have to always go into caesar's camp and kill him as well. Just can't take the evil side. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I guess it depends on how likable the "bad" guys are.  Star Wars Imperials and the Horde are two of the big ones you're not supposed to empathize with, at least not preferring them over the Alliance and the ...err... Alliance.  Skyrim?  Dark Brotherhood ftw.

I've heard that Fallout is pretty shades of gray.  Raiders VS settlers?  Red is dead.  Yellow is also dead.  Or something alone those lines.  Except maybe the Enclave, they seem nice.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 17, 2015, 01:42:30 AM
I guess it depends on how likable the "bad" guys are.  Star Wars Imperials and the Horde are two of the big ones you're not supposed to empathize with, at least not preferring them over the Alliance and the ...err... Alliance.  Skyrim?  Dark Brotherhood ftw.

I've heard that Fallout is pretty shades of gray.  Raiders VS settlers?  Red is dead.  Yellow is also dead.  Or something alone those lines.  Except maybe the Enclave, they seem nice.
Ah, yes, the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.  I thought of that after my last post above.  Somehow I've been able to play that faction and become it's leader--The Dark Mother and I are one! :)))  I guess I rationalize it into some sort of dark robin hood sort of thing..........I guess.  Same with the Thieves Guild.  But in New Vegas, I guess the total slaughter, torture and slavery of Caesar makes it unplayable for me.  Yeah, NV does do a good job of blurring the line between good and bad--all are trying to just survive.  In NV, the enclave is good, but in Fallout 3, they were the big big baddies.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 17, 2015, 01:42:30 AM

?

The horde are hugely simpatheticable.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

In Warcraft 1 and 2, the horde was decidedly evil, to the point that the alliance had holy magic while the horde had dark magic.  It wasn't till Warcraft 3 that there was even an attempt to make them sympathetic.  But even then, we're talking about undead horrors hellbent on revenge, Jamaican voodoo witchdoctors, a brutish but proud warrior race, and sentient cows VS the extremely sympathetic humans and elves fighting to preserve their homeland, complete with holy warriors.  Yes, the horde was given a little bit of a makeover, but we're still talking spikes of villainy and much more bestial character models.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out which one of the two was intended as the more virtuous faction.

GrinningYMIR

SLAY THEM BRETHERN

FOR THE SCOURGE
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

wolf39us