Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Anyone getting MKX?????
They released the story trailer today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuxlckaC4Q

kilodelta

That ain't Street Fighter with Chun Li's kicking... not interested.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

Quote from: kilodelta on March 02, 2015, 03:03:54 PM
That ain't Street Fighter with Chun Li's kicking... not interested.
psshhh

Hydra009

If you have Sins of a Solar Empire, the newest Enhanced 4X mod is phenomenal.  I tried it out with the optional minimods and it breathes a lot of new life into the game.  And I've got the A.I. fine-tuned to that sweet spot where they're neither a pushover nor practically unstoppable, just good enough to give you a nice run for your money.

Hydra009

When I can't sleep at night, sometimes I like to watch Five Nights at Freddy's playthroughs.  Then not sleeping isn't so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zmIvT7WZw

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 04, 2015, 02:04:21 AM
When I can't sleep at night, sometimes I like to watch Five Nights at Freddy's playthroughs.  Then not sleeping isn't so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zmIvT7WZw
Yeah, I know that feeling sometimes.  Wait--do they have programs on youtube???  (yes, I'm way behind the times in stuff like this.)  I just surf my tv remote; did not think of surfing the net for something more interesting.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

Nice hydra, at least then you have an excuse for not being asleep XP

you wanna know a game I haven't played in forever? Battlefront II, used to love that game. Put like 1500 hours into it when I was a kid
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 04, 2015, 10:24:45 AMyou wanna know a game I haven't played in forever? Battlefront II, used to love that game. Put like 1500 hours into it when I was a kid
They're making a new one.  It's scheduled to come out Christmas 2015.

I liked Battlefront 2 a lot, particularly the space combat and the rudimentary levelup system.  But it was a twitch-happy shooter and the ground combat quickly becomes this meatgrinder and gaining ground becomes increasingly difficult.  And no matter which side I chose, it always seemed like friendly bots were derptastic while the enemy bots were deadly competent.  I couldn't get them to form up and support an assault even by accident.  And I can't tell you how many times my allies stepped in front of my targeting reticule as I'm shooting the enemy, blocking my shoots but somehow simultaneously allowing the enemy to shoot me through them.  That was some really frustrating stuff right there.

But all in all, it was great fun.  Especially playing as a space bomber.

GrinningYMIR

I remember on space misisons when the good AI men would just stop fighting, they would just hang out in the ship and just hang out >< annoying...

I'm looking forward to the new one, eagerly
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

oh yeah, I forgot that they'd idle or get stuck somtimes.  Really forced you to be a one-man army/fleet.

kilodelta

I loved Battlefield 1942. The AI would conga line across bridges making me run out of ammo... they're fucking geniuses.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

Oh please, don't let BF3 suck... please EA gods, if there is one game I don't want you to fuck up on...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Quote from: Shiranu on March 04, 2015, 11:16:25 PM
Oh please, don't let BF3 suck... please EA gods, if there is one game I don't want you to fuck up on...
EA has a less than stellar reputation in this area...
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

wolf39us

Trying out Dying Light for the last week with NaRu.  Holy crap this game is freaky AND it's really good!

It's available on all platforms I believe so if anyone wants a good zombie game, that's the one!

Savior2006

I didn't know Five Nights at Freddy's 3 was out. I gotta go check out Markiplier.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano