News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Yes but not how you're thinking. What you do is damage it to 0 health and then send ground units (Specifically melee unites at first, later you can send in tanks and mech infantry) to take and hold it. hen you get decide whether to annex it (you get complete control over the city and its resources but you get unhappiness. Puppet it, (No direct control but less happiness and you can annex it later) or raze it (temporary unhappiness, city is burned to the ground forever)
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2015, 09:15:21 AM
Yes but not how you're thinking. What you do is damage it to 0 health and then send ground units (Specifically melee unites at first, later you can send in tanks and mech infantry) to take and hold it. hen you get decide whether to annex it (you get complete control over the city and its resources but you get unhappiness. Puppet it, (No direct control but less happiness and you can annex it later) or raze it (temporary unhappiness, city is burned to the ground forever)
So I need to wait for tanks?

Sent from your mom.

GrinningYMIR

No no, you can take cities as early as turn 40 you just need a strong enough army to take it. Combined arms helps, melee units and ranged units, and siege units if you have them (catapults, trebuchets, battering rams, ballista, cannon, artillery, rocket artillery)

A melee unit has to do the capturing I think, thigh if you directly send s rsnged unit in it might capture it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2015, 10:19:57 AM
No no, you can take cities as early as turn 40 you just need a strong enough army to take it. Combined arms helps, melee units and ranged units, and siege units if you have them (catapults, trebuchets, battering rams, ballista, cannon, artillery, rocket artillery)

A melee unit has to do the capturing I think, thigh if you directly send s rsnged unit in it might capture it
Oh that might be it. I only had ranged units

Sent from your mom.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2015, 02:32:48 AM
ok... so I tried playing Civ 5 again. Are you able to destroy a city? I was trying to kill Sydney for a little over an hour, but it wouldn't go below zero health...
When you capture it you have to decide what to do with it--take it over, make it a puppet or raze it to the ground.  I don't think you can destroy it any other way.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 28, 2015, 10:24:36 AM
Oh that might be it. I only had ranged units

Sent from your mom.

Might be right, it's tempting to go all range units but combined arms is the way to go. Be careful about invading city states too, they will eventually band together against you in complete war

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2015, 11:02:24 AM
Might be right, it's tempting to go all range units but combined arms is the way to go. Be careful about invading city states too, they will eventually band together against you in complete war
Yeah. I accidentally denounced Alexander the Great... 

Sent from your mom.

GrinningYMIR

Alexander is a dick anyway XD

Just be ready for him to pop you. (Playing at a lower difficulty right?)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2015, 11:19:28 AM
Alexander is a dick anyway XD

Just be ready for him to pop you. (Playing at a lower difficulty right?)
I was doing the tutorial

Sent from your mom.

GrinningYMIR

Good man, don't want to start at King or Deity this early XD

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 28, 2015, 12:03:43 PM
Good man, don't want to start at King or Deity this early XD
I do remember trying at first to take down a city with only ranged units--worked great until I tried to move into the city.  :)  So I always keep a warrior on the sidelines until the end,l so I can move in and take the city.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

Have you tried Attila? Friend of mine has the game beat on king within 150
Turns with the Attila rush

kilodelta

Anyone else hyped about Homeworld Remastered?
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

the_antithesis

It has come to my attention that the kids are unaware of the existence of Donkey Kong Jr.

It this true?

Desdinova

Been playing Dying Light.  I highly recommend it if you light slaughtering zombies.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate