News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2015, 07:20:11 PM
So I finally installed Civ V from when I bought it during the steam sale, and I can't figure it out... at all ahahah

Oh god... currently sitting on 680 hours on Civ 5. It's addictive.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Aroura33

In a fit of nostalgia, I installed Istaria, Chronicles of the gifted.  It was released under the name Horizons over a decade ago.  Iplayed it at release and loved it, but it had problems.

Anyway, my daughter, now 7, is old enough for some video games.  She had been playing School of Dragons, and I tried to play that with her, but it was frustrating because it didn't allow grouping, or for us to play together in the dragon games.

I was telling her about this old game I used to play where you could BE a dragon, and she asked if it was still around.  I looked it up and decided we could try it out.  Now she's hooked!  She loves reading every quest and all the lore.  We are only in our teens, but I m amazed how much fun I'm having, it really has an excellent crafting system.  Combat is so.....retro, lol.  I mean, I don't find the combat engaging, but it is perfectly paced for my 7 yo, lol.

Anyway, if you are in the mood for some really old school MMOing, this game has it.  And a pretty lively dedicated community, too.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Sal1981

Tried out the weird MMO-ish-or-something game The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot. It's a pay-to-win game (like most newer MMOs these days). You build a castle in the sky and you control a hero where you have to (besides validating your own castle) go out and raid other people's castles for money and wealth. Despite its original gameplay it's pretty clunky because that's (so far I've played) only thing you do; build a castle with your own mobs and traps and raid other peoples castles. - 5/10

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on January 21, 2015, 09:51:31 PM
Oh god... currently sitting on 680 hours on Civ 5. It's addictive.
Yeah, I have over 300 hrs. myself.  Love it--and the Shoshone are the bomb!  Grab those goodie huts.  Then you will end up with a couple of scout/archers, but best early game fighters.  3/4 of these guys can take down a city.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

I just finished all the achievements for Skyrim. It was rather anticlimactic.

Steam now states "You've unlocked every single achievement. Congratulations!"

Is it too much to ask for some fireworks? Or maybe one of those worthless Steam items? A Steam title would be cool. Skyrimnator... Nord Slayer... Tig ol' Bitties...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on January 22, 2015, 09:47:04 PM
I just finished all the achievements for Skyrim. It was rather anticlimactic.

Steam now states "You've unlocked every single achievement. Congratulations!"

Is it too much to ask for some fireworks? Or maybe one of those worthless Steam items? A Steam title would be cool. Skyrimnator... Nord Slayer... Tig ol' Bitties...
I will congratulate you!  Congratulations!!!!! (That is as close to fireworks as my meager computer talents will allow)  I have close to 2000 hrs in and have not done that.  But then I'm not trying to do that.  I have over 1500 hrs in in Fallout NV and I will never get all the achievements there, either.  I simply refuse to play as Ceaser's ally.  I always kill kill him after using his army as cash cows.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 23, 2015, 08:26:22 AM
I will congratulate you!  Congratulations!!!!! (That is as close to fireworks as my meager computer talents will allow)  I have close to 2000 hrs in and have not done that.  But then I'm not trying to do that.  I have over 1500 hrs in in Fallout NV and I will never get all the achievements there, either.  I simply refuse to play as Ceaser's ally.  I always kill kill him after using his army as cash cows.

I really didn't want to be a vampire for the vampire achievement... so, I "cheated" that one. I became a vampire, put the settings on the easiest and leveled up the vampire at several towns. When I got the vampire achievement, I reverted my save to its better pre-vampire state.

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on January 23, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
I really didn't want to be a vampire for the vampire achievement... so, I "cheated" that one. I became a vampire, put the settings on the easiest and leveled up the vampire at several towns. When I got the vampire achievement, I reverted my save to its better pre-vampire state.
It is an achievement, nonetheless.

GrinningYMIR

I've axtuslly been throughly enjoying wolfenstein, well worth the money
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

Do they have entertaining references to the original Wolfenstein?

GrinningYMIR

I know there's an Easter egg where you warp in to the original game for s few levels
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

kilodelta

GrinningYMIR

It's rather difficult at times, but realistic st other times. For instance shooting someone with an assault rifle leaves gaping holes in them, which is what would really happen if you shot them with a high powered weapon. A shotgun can clear an entire hall etc

Of course you also have space nazis, but that's just for the same of the game

kilodelta

Space Nazis are the major threat of the future. As we all know, Hitler's space program sent a colony ship to the Pegasus galaxy... they will return to haunt us soon enough.

PickelledEggs

ok... so I tried playing Civ 5 again. Are you able to destroy a city? I was trying to kill Sydney for a little over an hour, but it wouldn't go below zero health...