News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 13, 2015, 05:52:11 PM
If something is the shit, it means is awesome, if there's no the, it means its a horrid, terrible piece of literal shit.

Internet dictionary!
Yeah!

wolf39us

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 13, 2015, 12:52:11 PM
I know I'm late to the dance (don't like to dance anyway.:) But I just finished Bioshock Infinite.  Whoa!  That was quite the ending.  I had been planning to replay it, but since I will always end up offing myself, what's the point.  Or if you let the credits roll, I get to spend a life with Anna.  Which is okay.  But I must admit I loved the story.

Interesting...  I've never known a person that didn't understand this phrase.  Oh well! lol

Mike Cl

Thought that was the case, just making sure.

It was a unique story, that's for sure.  I can't think of another one that comes close. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Only MMO I play is, of all things, Wizard101 -- for a game that's ostensibly for kids, there are a LOT of jokes in there that only their parents (or granddparents!) will get.  Best example of something written on two levels since the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GrinningYMIR

Diablo 2 is now 15, hard to believe
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 15, 2015, 08:46:25 PM
Diablo 2 is now 15, hard to believe
D2 expansion is light years better than D3.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

I have never played D3, but I've heard people say D2 is the best in the series, certainly the one I've liked the most
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

D2 had the best classes, imo.  And the game was hella fun.  It was quite a clickfest, though.  My mouse hand hurts just thinking about it.

Mike Cl

At first D2 Expansion was rather frustrating in that the storage area was horribly small.  Kept making the wrong choices of what to keep.  Then I discovered the ATMA mule and it was off to the races!  Necromancer level 95 was a high as I got--and I had just about all of the various sets--and tons of runes.  Wish I could still play, but it was a DOS based system and I can't run that anymore.

GrinningYMIR

I got mine to run on Windows 7 a year or so ago, I know Blizzard is diligent about making work arounds for people to continue playing their games in the modern day. There's a reason that 10 million unique players still play StarCraft original on Battlenet :P

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 16, 2015, 10:14:13 PM
I got mine to run on Windows 7 a year or so ago, I know Blizzard is diligent about making work arounds for people to continue playing their games in the modern day. There's a reason that 10 million unique players still play StarCraft original on Battlenet :P
A computer ago, I gave my D2 Ex game away because it would not run on that computer.  I had not thought of finding a copy that would run.  Have to give that a try.

GrinningYMIR

This might be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know a way to get a version of Civ 2 that works on Win 7 without downloading it from a virus filled site?

PickelledEggs

My friend just invented new tech for Lobo in Injustice....

IDK if I will ever be able to be on this level hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRBV_ToSTN0&feature=youtu.be

PickelledEggs

So I finally installed Civ V from when I bought it during the steam sale, and I can't figure it out... at all ahahah

GrinningYMIR

YES! Play it on the lowest difficulty, and make sure you have the advisors on.

A city is important, you want more but no too many, too many gets you unhappiness. Military units exist that are intended to protect your nation or launch invasions into foreign ones. Some, like archers, can shoot multiple tiles away. Others have to be in melee range. No two military units can occupy the same territory at the same times

A worker builds improvements around a city, gaining access to more improvements as new scientific upgrades are unlocked, it takes time for an improvement to be made. Some improvements can only be made on certain territories, like a mine can only be built on a hill or on a metallic resource (Iron, copper, Gold)

Roads enchance travel speed, but the require funding, 1 gold per tile with a road on it. 

A settler builds a new city, both a worker and a settler are defenseless, if they are attacked they will be captured by the enemy faction.

As ages go on certain units must be upgraded, an archer for instance will eventually evolve to a composite bowman, and further down the line, a rocket team. This costs money

As time goes on you get culture, culture can be used to research different philosophies, these different philosophies have different effects on your setup