Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 09, 2015, 07:59:53 PM
By all means! Will probably just have to backlog it though
The Wolf Among Us is highly recommended, but be warned its quite bleak and you can't really ever make people happy. There's parts where if you lose your temper, you'll regret it the rest of the game. There's going to be a second season but it will be awhile. Jurassic Park is worth playing if you can accept it as one of their earlier efforts, and a lot less slick than the newer stuff. Back to the Future I never finished, nothing you do influences what happens; Jurassic Park is kind of the same way, but it has a good story despite being rough around the edges in parts.`I've just started playing Game of Thrones, no strong opinion either way yet. It does include a bit more controls to learn like TWD Season 2. I'm not personally huge on this but I wouldn't call it a deal breaker.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Thanks Xenu, I'm definitely interested in TWAU, and I do like dark games, just not completely defeatist games
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Agramon

Just add those games to your Steam wishlist and pick 'em up when they're on sale. I got TWAU during the summer sale for 75% off. Praise Gaben.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

the_antithesis

This is the sort of game thing that I find interesting.

GrinningYMIR

Its amazing how good we thought 2005 graphics were, and how bad they look now
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

_Xenu_

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 09:40:47 PM
I don't know about that man. The difference between say, ps3 and ps4 is no where near the leap from 16 bit to 32 bit. The changes are much more subtle, and even little Indie studios can put out good games these days. At least to me, graphics have largely taken a back seat to actual game play. There just isn't that huge of a difference any more, unless you want to spend insane amounts of money.

GrinningYMIR

bit of a difference here don't you think?

You're right of course, but there are more than a few from the early to mid 2000's that are showing their age graphic wise.

_Xenu_

Point taken, but either one would be perfectly playable. I still play games that look like the top picture. In any case, we'll have to have this discussion another time. I'm taking my shower and getting in bed.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 09:40:47 PM
Are you kidding? I remember playing Kirby Superstar on SNES and thinking "woah. the graphics on this is amazing!!!" Even when N64 came out, playing Mario 64 I remember thinking how "real" it looked. That was in the early and mid 90's haha

GrinningYMIR

QuotePoint taken, but either one would be perfectly playable. I still play games that look like the top picture. In any case, we'll have to have this discussion another time. I'm taking my shower and getting in bed.

Of course, I apologize if I came off as a bit of a jerk, graphics does not make the game great, I just find it weird about how great I thought they looked at the time.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 09:47:32 PM

bit of a difference here don't you think?

Not really..... at first glance, I didn't even notice a difference.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2015, 10:00:01 PM
Are you kidding? I remember playing Kirby Superstar on SNES and thinking "woah. the graphics on this is amazing!!!" Even when N64 came out, playing Mario 64 I remember thinking how "real" it looked. That was in the early and mid 90's haha

I wonder if there is something in our heads that makes us think graphics are better than they really are when we first play it. I remember thinking that the graphics for FF7 were stunning, and now they are obviously..dated

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 12, 2015, 10:00:30 PM
Of course, I apologize if I came off as a bit of a jerk, graphics does not make the game great, I just find it weird about how great I thought they looked at the time.
You didn't come off as a jerk. I was just referencing at how people thought N64 and SNES games seemed real and the jump is much bigger and less subtle than even late 90's

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2015, 10:01:44 PM
Not really..... at first glance, I didn't even notice a difference.

It helps if you've played both games, the one in between these two looks a lot closer to the first than the second graphics wise

GrinningYMIR

Hey Pickel I think every time one of us responds to the other, the other is responding to us haha