Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 09, 2014, 09:20:12 PM
Pickled--any Mordor update?

Has anybody played Dayz?  If so, what do you think of it?
Whoops! sorry. Yeah I have at least 5 or 6 hours in right now. It's really good. Combat is amazing. I'm not sure what part of the LotR chronology it takes place though. Definitely worth it.

And I haven't played Dayz, but I play Rust on and off. From what I understand, it's more or less the same. Also Rust made me lose my trust in people as a whole hahaha It's a good game, but do yourself a favor if you get it instead of Dayz and don't trust ANYONE hahaha

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 09, 2014, 10:08:59 PM
Whoops! sorry. Yeah I have at least 5 or 6 hours in right now. It's really good. Combat is amazing. I'm not sure what part of the LotR chronology it takes place though. Definitely worth it.

And I haven't played Dayz, but I play Rust on and off. From what I understand, it's more or less the same. Also Rust made me lose my trust in people as a whole hahaha It's a good game, but do yourself a favor if you get it instead of Dayz and don't trust ANYONE hahaha
Don't worry--thanks for replying.  I guess I'll have to pick up Mordor.  I don't think it matters at all if you are familiar with LotR at all. 

As for Rust (I'll look into that) or Dayz, what has held me back is the multiplayer aspect of it.  I basically want to be left alone and play in my own sandbox. :)  But Dayz looks very interesting and challenging . I've read many reviews of it on Steam and the major issue with people is just that--don't trust. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 09, 2014, 11:16:32 PM
Don't worry--thanks for replying.  I guess I'll have to pick up Mordor.  I don't think it matters at all if you are familiar with LotR at all. 

As for Rust (I'll look into that) or Dayz, what has held me back is the multiplayer aspect of it.  I basically want to be left alone and play in my own sandbox. :)  But Dayz looks very interesting and challenging . I've read many reviews of it on Steam and the major issue with people is just that--don't trust.
They made some pve servers on Rust. People can't kill you in them.

Sent from your mom

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 09, 2014, 11:18:00 PM
They made some pve servers on Rust. People can't kill you in them.

Sent from your mom
I'll have to give it some serious consideration--thanks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

Fought the High Dragon last night, took me a few tries to kill em because I'm playing on higher difficulties, but I took him out. My party was Leliana, Oghren, me tanking, and Wynne healing, and literally that's all she did during the fight.

Anyway, so the dragon is almost dead, Oghren had been knocked out but I rezzed him, Lilly was smushed over there and the corner, and I and Ogren are pounding on the big thing. Oghren gets the killing blow which made me sad, but I just barely made out "Oghren wins again!"

that made it better
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 10, 2014, 08:24:41 AM
Fought the High Dragon last night, took me a few tries to kill em because I'm playing on higher difficulties, but I took him out. My party was Leliana, Oghren, me tanking, and Wynne healing, and literally that's all she did during the fight.

Anyway, so the dragon is almost dead, Oghren had been knocked out but I rezzed him, Lilly was smushed over there and the corner, and I and Ogren are pounding on the big thing. Oghren gets the killing blow which made me sad, but I just barely made out "Oghren wins again!"

that made it better
My fav party for that last push is Alistar, Wynne, Lilly and me as a city elf rogue dual.  But I usually roll with Morrigan, Wynne, Alistar and me.

GrinningYMIR

That's pretty much always my party too, works pretty well, but I'm enjoying Oghren's DPS
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 09, 2014, 11:16:32 PM
Hey dude. I'm streaming Shadow of Mordor on twitch right now if you want to check it out. Twitch.tv/pickelledeggs

PickelledEggs

Dragon age Origins is free right now on origin. If you put it in your library now, it's there permanently.

Shiranu

Got Europa universals for 25 with all dc... It's okay.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on October 12, 2014, 12:06:14 AM
Got Europa universals for 25 with all dc... It's okay.
Got it for $5 with no dlc.  Haven't got past the title screen yet.  Been a while since I've played a grand strategy game.  I don't really understand how to play and I'm terrified of making strategic blunders.  Going to have to read up on it and play when I get more spare time.

Mike Cl

Steam does have some great deals every now and again.  If you wait long enough your game will go on special sooner or later.  I have several games that I've purchased for $5 or less and they simply sit there awaiting the time I activate them.  But they were so cheap I had to grab them.

GrinningYMIR

Ah yes the old steam curse, Ive fallen to that before

Hell when I bought dragon age it was 7 bucks, well worth the money I spent

Mike Cl

Speaking of Steam--despise it.  But I've grown to accept it.  In a perfect world I would go to a computer store and buy my game on a disk.  Bring it home, load it (hate those fucking keys to load it) and then play it.  I would not have to worry about the internet; so I could play without it with no worry.  If I then purchased a new computer I had the disk and could load it at will on it.  With Steam, I buy it, but no disk.  If I get a new machine, then there are hoops, and hoops to jump thru.  And if the internet is not up, then I can't game.  I don't multiplayer any games and don't want to.  But, Steam is the new wave of things and it is here to stay.  In my town it is becoming more and more difficult to find PC games.  So, I may despise Steam, but soon it may be the only kid on the block.  And I do like the way Steam handles Skyrim mods; give them kudos for that. 

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 12, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
In a perfect world I would go to a computer store and buy my game on a disk.

Ha.

Luddite.