News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Blizzard canceled Titan, I guess we won't be seeing a next gen mmo any time soon
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 23, 2014, 02:12:42 PM
Blizzard canceled Titan, I guess we won't be seeing a next gen mmo any time soon
Blizzard also (apparently) made the console version of D3 tons better and added PvP but not for the PC version. Blizzard had not been making very good decisions for us PC folk lately.

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 23, 2014, 02:12:42 PM
Sad to see it go.  Would've been the first new franchise from Blizzard for a very, very long time.

But on the other hand, 7 years in development is a bit much.  Scrapping it might have been the right call from a business standpoint.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 23, 2014, 02:21:52 PMBlizzard had not been making very good decisions for us PC folk lately.
"A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep."  :razz:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 23, 2014, 03:09:33 PM
The lion does not concern itself with the sheep.  :razz:
Basically they just did this:

Sent from your mom

Savior2006

My dad and I finished Destiny two days ago. We were really pumped over the course of it, but the campaign was about 15 hours. That's not that much for a MMO or "shared world shooter" in my opinion and it really gives those. No massive party raids. No trading. Weapon drops are completely random no matter how much work you put in, bosses are bullet sponges and are ALWAYS just a supersized version of whatever that race's primary "shielded enemy" is.

That includes the final boss, which is just four supersized "Minotaurs" when I thought we would be fighting an actual god.

The trailers made it seem like the game would be vast, but the story so far is not very engaging. Bungie says they will be telling a story over the next ten years but I imagine it'll all be paid expansion packs.

The PVP is very much Halo style, which neither my dad or I care about so the game doesn't gain or lose points on this.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

GrinningYMIR

I tried the pacman game that came with Steam today, I am very satisfied with it, quite fun for a free game

the challenges are fun, one is to make it through 5 minutes without dying

I died at 1 second left

Rage
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

I want to see if Gauntlet gets a good review.  I really loved Gauntlet II and even liked it a bit on N64, though it was in that weird phase where 3D games were still horrible on the eyes.

Sal1981

More or less on a break from RuneScape, and that's even with the new Elven city Prifddinas has come out, cba grinding more since I'm having so much fun on a Minecraft vanilla server.

GrinningYMIR

Beware the alien

the mutant

The heretic

Hydra009

It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself.

GrinningYMIR

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Speaking of DoW, the mod medley of the day is Dark Crusade with half-sized units (really cuts down on pathfinding issues and makes the maps less cramped) + triple population cap (thrice the obliterator goodness!) + Dawn of Skirmish AI (comp plays more intelligently.  for example, the eldar do a lot of dancing and outflanking)

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 25, 2014, 09:40:54 PM
Speaking of DoW, the mod medley of the day is Dark Crusade with half-sized units (really cuts down on pathfinding issues and makes the maps less cramped) + triple population cap (thrice the obliterator goodness!) + Dawn of Skirmish AI (comp plays more intelligently.  for example, the eldar do a lot of dancing and outflanking)