Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 17, 2014, 09:38:19 PM
Games keep me sane, without them, I'd be dead by now
Yep-a-rudy!  As they say in the old country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Deidre32 on September 17, 2014, 08:05:49 PMlol I too once justified my addiction in this way, dear friend. :D

JK

sort of

I know, but before I knew it, hours would have gone by. True story. *blush*
The hours go by either way.  Why not spend them doing something you enjoy?

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 17, 2014, 09:38:19 PMGames keep me sane, without them, I'd be dead by now
The arts are what makes life worth living.  Without them, there is only drudgery and death.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 17, 2014, 09:59:59 PM
The arts are what makes life worth living.  Without them, there is only drudgery and death.
True, true--that's why games are considered 'fine arts'!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Deidre32

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 17, 2014, 09:53:56 PM
The hours go by either way.  Why not spend them doing something you enjoy?
true. lol ok ok...I'm sold. back to kingdom hearts tomorrow.

and back to happiness. :=D
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Savior2006

My dad and I have been playing Destiny together for the past week. We're loving it, but it only has about 75 on Metacritic. =(
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Hydra009

Is it true that it's a completely different game after 20 hours?  :razz:

Mike Cl

Quote from: Savior2006 on September 18, 2014, 11:43:06 AM
My dad and I have been playing Destiny together for the past week. We're loving it, but it only has about 75 on Metacritic. =(
You are a lucky guy--sharing game time with your dad.  I really loved the time I got to spend with dad and Risk and Clue.  Back in the day, we did not have computers.

Hydra009

Everyone older than me in my family either mildly or strongly dislikes video games.  (Which is ironic, given their tendency to watch hours and hours of TV)  Everyone younger than me loves video games.  Bit of a generational gap.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 18, 2014, 02:56:24 PM
Everyone older than me in my family either mildly or strongly dislikes video games.  (Which is ironic, given their tendency to watch hours and hours of TV)  Everyone younger than me loves video games.  Bit of a generational gap.
Sort of that way in my family, too.  Except I love video games as much (or more) as my grandchildren.  I remember dreaming as a kid that it would be fantastic to be able to play Risk or Clue or chess or Careers with a smart machine; I could play anytime I wanted to even if nobody else did!  And here I am!

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

_Xenu_

I went ahead and re-purchased FF8 from Steam. I never could figure out how to find all the Guardian Forces. Annoyingly though, it won't install.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Deidre32

anyone here play kingdom hearts? :(
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Deidre32 on September 20, 2014, 07:01:56 PM
anyone here play kingdom hearts? :(
I never had PS2. So no. I got Dreamcast instead. My friends had it though and I watched! haha