News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Solitary on September 04, 2014, 04:48:05 PM
I still play Mass Effect Trilogy because every time I play it with different characters, it is different, and everything changes. With my upgraded graphics card the graphics are stupendous, even on number one. Solitary

Makin me Jealous man, I still have mine on the Xbox, though there are rumors of a 720p/1080p remake on the PS4 and XBONE
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

I can't wait until their new game comes out late next year. You will be able to play other characters that are new, but no Shepard, I believe. It's suppose to blow away Mass Effect. Solitary

Those attending this year's Comic-Con were lucky enough to attend a special Mass Effect panel entitled: "Charting a Course: Developing the next Mass Effect".

During this half hour panel, BioWare panelists Carl Boulay (lead animator), Fabrice Condominas (producer), Mike Gamble (producer), and Noel Lukasewich (senior artist) shared their experiences of developing the next Mass Effect and revealed a few key details about the upcoming game.

"At this point we want to pull back the curtain a little bit on some work in progress stuff as we go through, to give you some more insight into it. But it is work in progress stuff. We're years away from being able to say that this is the exact game that we're making. Take this with a grain of salt. What you see here may not be the same as in the final game, but we want to show it anyway," said Gamble.

They started off by showing off the hero of the next Mass Effect. Confirming the main character will be human, the team teased that they would have something to do with N7 - something very key to the previous Mass Effect titles and Shepard himself/herself.

The team did reiterate that the game's storyline will not focus on anything to do with Shepard and will feature a brand new storyline. The timeline will be set during Shepard's lifetime though, albeit potentially in a different galaxy.

In that manner then, you could see some of your old favourites like Garrus or Samara making a brief cameo in the new game.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/mass-effect-4-news-rumours-release-date#xjd517MmmoffI6Si.99

That ties in with the return of the Mako too. The Mako was a six-wheeled vehicle used in the first Mass Effect game, but it is being revamped and made speedier for the next Mass Effect.

"It's a really agile Mako, it's much different to the one you've seen before. There's no cannon on it, maybe it can hover maybe it can jump - I don't know", teased Gamble.

A very brief gameplay demo of the Mako showed it zooming around a snowy landscape with some speed, doing doughnuts, doing jumps off rocky outcrops and even more exciting things.

"We're playing around with a bunch of different physics for the Mako. The thing that we have to do is make sure it is as responsive as possible," said Gamble. "We've learned a thing or two over the years."

"it's mean to be a fast, point to point vehicle at this point. It's something that you can tear around planets in really quick to get to where you need to go."

"The Mako is going to be fundamental to the game. We're making a game about it.

BioWare also confirmed that the game would feature the some familiar alien races, but also introduce some new ones. Of course, one of the game's fundamental attractions are the interactions and relationships you can have. This will still be present in Mass Effect 4, so don't expect to lose that with the newest game.

“The animation team is now doing stuff we couldn’t even dream about before,” said Gamble during the panel.

The game may also build in some kind of co-operative multiplayer for the storyline, as although competitive multiplayer is important, Gamble said “co-operation is bigger for us”.

Next Mass Effect will definitely feature brand new characters

During the EA Games E3 2014 press conference, a brief, but exciting Bioware docu-trailer was shown. It gave us some brand new details on the next Mass Effect and a little on the new IP in development at BioWare Edmonton.

"We think fans of the series are going to be surprised with just how far we are going," explained BioWare during the trailer.

Although it didn't offer any information on the release date, BioWare did confirm Mass Effect 4 would feature "new places, new characters and new people to fall in love with."

"We want to build a world that is as big and as imaginative as anything we have done so far," explained the developer. "At BioWare we are building worlds and journeys for the next generation."

The game will be set in a new location in space and the idea is to centre the game on exploration - letting you travel to new planets at the touch of a button, without loading screens.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/mass-effect-4-news-rumours-release-date#xjd517MmmoffI6Si.99

http://youtu.be/00YqU7CT3XQ

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Solitary on September 04, 2014, 08:51:40 PM
I can't wait until their new game comes out late next year. You will be able to play other characters that are new, but no Shepard, I believe. It's suppose to blow away Mass Effect. Solitary

Those attending this year's Comic-Con were lucky enough to attend a special Mass Effect panel entitled: "Charting a Course: Developing the next Mass Effect".

During this half hour panel, BioWare panelists Carl Boulay (lead animator), Fabrice Condominas (producer), Mike Gamble (producer), and Noel Lukasewich (senior artist) shared their experiences of developing the next Mass Effect and revealed a few key details about the upcoming game.

"At this point we want to pull back the curtain a little bit on some work in progress stuff as we go through, to give you some more insight into it. But it is work in progress stuff. We're years away from being able to say that this is the exact game that we're making. Take this with a grain of salt. What you see here may not be the same as in the final game, but we want to show it anyway," said Gamble.

They started off by showing off the hero of the next Mass Effect. Confirming the main character will be human, the team teased that they would have something to do with N7 - something very key to the previous Mass Effect titles and Shepard himself/herself.

The team did reiterate that the game's storyline will not focus on anything to do with Shepard and will feature a brand new storyline. The timeline will be set during Shepard's lifetime though, albeit potentially in a different galaxy.

In that manner then, you could see some of your old favourites like Garrus or Samara making a brief cameo in the new game.

That ties in with the return of the Mako too. The Mako was a six-wheeled vehicle used in the first Mass Effect game, but it is being revamped and made speedier for the next Mass Effect.

"It's a really agile Mako, it's much different to the one you've seen before. There's no cannon on it, maybe it can hover maybe it can jump - I don't know", teased Gamble.

A very brief gameplay demo of the Mako showed it zooming around a snowy landscape with some speed, doing doughnuts, doing jumps off rocky outcrops and even more exciting things.

"We're playing around with a bunch of different physics for the Mako. The thing that we have to do is make sure it is as responsive as possible," said Gamble. "We've learned a thing or two over the years."

"it's mean to be a fast, point to point vehicle at this point. It's something that you can tear around planets in really quick to get to where you need to go."

"The Mako is going to be fundamental to the game. We're making a game about it.

BioWare also confirmed that the game would feature the some familiar alien races, but also introduce some new ones. Of course, one of the game's fundamental attractions are the interactions and relationships you can have. This will still be present in Mass Effect 4, so don't expect to lose that with the newest game.

“The animation team is now doing stuff we couldn’t even dream about before,” said Gamble during the panel.

The game may also build in some kind of co-operative multiplayer for the storyline, as although competitive multiplayer is important, Gamble said “co-operation is bigger for us”.

Next Mass Effect will definitely feature brand new characters

During the EA Games E3 2014 press conference, a brief, but exciting Bioware docu-trailer was shown. It gave us some brand new details on the next Mass Effect and a little on the new IP in development at BioWare Edmonton.

"We think fans of the series are going to be surprised with just how far we are going," explained BioWare during the trailer.

Although it didn't offer any information on the release date, BioWare did confirm Mass Effect 4 would feature "new places, new characters and new people to fall in love with."

"We want to build a world that is as big and as imaginative as anything we have done so far," explained the developer. "At BioWare we are building worlds and journeys for the next generation."

The game will be set in a new location in space and the idea is to centre the game on exploration - letting you travel to new planets at the touch of a button, without loading screens.

http://youtu.be/00YqU7CT3XQ

I'll reserve judgement for when it comes out. The problem is Mass Effect was so good with Shepard that I'm programmed to automatically think of anything without him to be inferior, especially if its post ME3, but pre could work just fine, say between ME1 and ME2.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

I agree. And the ending of 3 was a real disappointment, even after getting an add on explanation. Who wants to loose and die in a game? That is one thing I really like in Mass Effect: is going to different places and exploring. In a lot of ways the first one is the best story, but the animation was good and backgrounds fair, but got better and better as it played on, especially with the add ons. 

GrinningYMIR

When I first played ME3 and beat it, I said nothing, I just put my controller down and walked into my shower, took a shower and cried in the shower. (At the time I was hard core addicted to the game)  Over time I've grown to love ME3 just as much as ME1 and ME2, though as a personal protest, I only get to the last conversation with Liara and the squad before restarting. I have only beaten the damn thing once haha, I know its ineffective but I do it anyway.

I could go on and on about how much I hated that ending, but I did love the games, that's the reason I'm wary of ME4, I have such high expectations that I don't think it will be able to meet. I will definitely buy the HD remakes of the original should they decided to make it however, I'll buy that shit in a heart beat.

Also, my dream is to make the games into a show ala GoT, because I think the story would work better drown out like that, and if they got quality actors and a good budget, I think it would be quite the success

Desdinova

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 04, 2014, 09:53:51 PM
When I first played ME3 and beat it, I said nothing, I just put my controller down and walked into my shower, took a shower and cried in the shower. (At the time I was hard core addicted to the game)  Over time I've grown to love ME3 just as much as ME1 and ME2, though as a personal protest, I only get to the last conversation with Liara and the squad before restarting. I have only beaten the damn thing once haha, I know its ineffective but I do it anyway.

I could go on and on about how much I hated that ending, but I did love the games, that's the reason I'm wary of ME4, I have such high expectations that I don't think it will be able to meet. I will definitely buy the HD remakes of the original should they decided to make it however, I'll buy that shit in a heart beat.

Also, my dream is to make the games into a show ala GoT, because I think the story would work better drown out like that, and if they got quality actors and a good budget, I think it would be quite the success

this is how i feel about fallout 4.  if it ever comes out.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Shiranu

I'm going to draw so much hatred... I think fallout is painfully over-rated...

Edit; also, just hit post 19291... that's kinda bad ass looking :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 05, 2014, 06:13:22 PM
I'm going to draw so much hatred... I think fallout is painfully over-rated...

Edit; also, just hit post 19291... that's kinda bad ass looking :P.
I didn't have the patience for Fallout. But then again, I have a hard time with super open world games like that. I liked Skyrim, but that's mostly because I could shoot fire and lightning from my hands.

GrinningYMIR

Fallout wasn't quite my cup of tea, but I enjoyed skyrim a great deal

Hydra009

I miss old FMVs.  They had a certain charm to them.

Solitary

Savior2006

I actually had Recoil, but I didn't like it. I actually played the CnC Red Alert series in reverse order, with the 3rd one first and the 1st one last.

Three days until Destiny comes out. My dad is very excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qj3OmXbKk
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Solitary

Wow! Best graphics that I have seen. Thanks! Solitary

Hydra009

As far as new games go, I'm really looking forward to Star Citizen, Star Wars Battlefront, and Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Shiranu

Trying to decide if I will get destiny or nhl....
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur