News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Shol'va on July 10, 2014, 09:33:07 PM
Since I stopped playing when WoTLK came out, doesn't sound that I missed much.
But what really bothered me was Cataclysm. When I once had the choice and the option to hang out in the areas I loved, they ruined places that were dear to my heart.
I still get the itch once in a while, and I am quite nostalgic about WoW. What keeps me back is the lack of incentive to renew as well as being busy all the time.
I actually have collector's edition both vanilla and TBC. People message me all the time about my mini Diablo :)

Cata ruined my favorite zones in the game, and now leveling is trivial. I went from 1-77 in less than a week

I remember when it took weeks to get from 50-60, and I remember being stuck at 68 for a long time

Now..You can pay 25 and get right to 90,

Wow's heyday has passed
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shol'va

To be honest I'm okay with paying for character level. But I do understand why people are upset, because when you see a high level you can no longer know if it was on merit and hard work, or just two clicks and a credit card.

Damn, now I REALLY miss the good days of WoW.
My favorite ambient music is for Stranglethorn Vale and Elwynn Forest. I've been a lone wolf when I did renew a couple times and my guild no longer existed. It may sound strange or depressing but I enjoyed doing absolutely nothing but just travel from area to area and sit back and enjoy whatever roleplay I spotted.

I work late hours which means I am alone at home on morning, so as long as I cram the usual choires around the house, my wife couldn't care less if I start playing games again :)

GrinningYMIR

I used to do that actually, I hung out in icecrown and Storm Peaks. I used to sit on a mountainside for hours just listening to music.

heh, I also remember being asked to make a billion runecloth bandages for my guild because they were some of the ones who were striving so hard to open up AQ
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shol'va

Something's changed in the last 3 years or so with me personally. About a year before our first was born, I just started losing interest altogether. My desktop PC is now collecting dust. I have a ton of games that just sit there installed and I continue to keep them up to date in the off chance one day I might get the overwhelming urge to play.
When I do play, I usually opt for a quick session of Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I've been putting in some game time on the iPad too but nothing worth writing about. There's a game called Order and Chaos which is a mmo that looks a lot like wow. Sometimes I contemplate getting an HDMI adapter so I can sit back on the couch and do video out to my 60 inch TV :)

What seems like a waste is that the desktop PC I've built can run the latest game at pretty much maxed settings, so I didn't really get a good return on my investment. Such is life.

Sounds like you and I would have had fun together in that game.

GrinningYMIR

Shol'va

Oh, now I remembered, I actually got my wife into WoW. We played together back in vanilla days, until she hit level 40. Man that was exciting to get her mount. She is not a gamer, other than having had a Nintendo when she was little, that was about it. When she first picked up WoW she struggled with the controls to the extent that she'd run into walls. In about a few days she had a pretty decent human mage and in no time we were doing instances together and the guild. That was super fun, to share something like that.

Another game that I caught her shoulder surfing me was Mass Effect. I started telling her about the plot and she started getting into it.

GrinningYMIR

Well, you know how much I love Mass Effect. My mom did the same thing when I played it, she would pretend not to notice but after a while she would ask questions about the plot, and would stop and watch for the story

Hydra009

Since we're reminiscing about WoW, I really liked the Barrens (but not the general chat) and the Un'Goro Crater.

GrinningYMIR

Favorite zone, ruined by Cata.

PickelledEggs

for people that use steam, I just found this game on there that is pretty good. It's like CS, but it's a tiny bit different. (plus it's free to play)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244630/

PickelledEggs

btw. does anyone know when the big update for LoL is?

wolf39us

hey PE what's your steam ID?  I can't remember if I added you.

_Xenu_

Has anyone else played The Wolf Among Us? Its also on Steam, and from the same company that made the Walking Dead game.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

_Xenu_

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 13, 2014, 08:21:45 PM
btw. does anyone know when the big update for LoL is?

Not sure but I noticed it too.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on July 13, 2014, 08:30:37 PM
hey PE what's your steam ID?  I can't remember if I added you.
It's the same username as in the forum. If you search pickelledeggs, my mad scientist avatar should pop up

Sent from your mom