Video Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See (XB1)

Started by Shiranu, June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pato15

I think Microsoft is so used to the monopoly mindset, they sometimes forget that they have actual competition in the console market.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

_Xenu_

Quote from: "pato15"I think Microsoft is so used to the monopoly mindset, they sometimes forget that they have actual competition in the console market.
This. May they get the ass kicking they deserve.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Nonsensei

They are misreading the market. The only reason consoles are successful is because theres a demographic out there that can't afford an average gaming PC, which is something that actually can be built for around 500 dollars if you know what you're doing.

So they fucked up twice. They put the release price perilously close to what it takes to build a PC capable of gaming, and they made it online only thus telling the poor demographic that can't afford a decent internet connection to go fuck themselves again. This is on top of the previous PR fuckup in which they introduced the console as if it were some sort of glorified cable TV box.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Plu

QuoteThe only reason consoles are successful is because theres a demographic out there that can't afford an average gaming PC,

You forgot the market for people who don't care enough to assemble and maintain a gaming pc. Many people play console because it takes less work than playing pc games.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "wolf39us"I don't see the big deal really...

If you don't have/want an internet based console... DON'T GET ONE.

My last gaming console.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

Quote from: "wolf39us"I don't see the big deal really...

If you don't have/want an internet based console... DON'T GET ONE.

Here is the thing: A large majority of the world's population live in areas where internet connection is not a guaranteed to have or even to work 24/7. Think of places like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mexico, Brazil, Chile... these places are HUGE markets and Microsoft essentially said, "Go fuck yourself and buy our last gen, because we want more money but we cant accept we made a stupid ass mistake that alienates yall."

Then you have people in developed countries that don't always have internet connections; say you are moving soon, so you are without internet for a few weeks... too bad, your cablebox 1 no longer works. Have a poor economic month and cant afford internet bill? Too bad, no xbox. Live in rural United States and use say satalite internet, which doesn't always works? Go fuck yourself.

And if you don't have the new system, you lose out on both power and titles to play. You are limited to only buying games from a soon-to-be-dead market, while everyone else is playing the newest titles. All this after Microsoft said, "GET OUR NEW XBOX! GET OUR NEW XBOX! GET OUR NEW XBOX NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!", and if you don't you are a loser and a poor person.

This is why it is a problem... it is a terrible business plan and it is a terrible way to treat your costumers. And Microsoft knows it, but doesn't want to fix it... they rather censor it. Microsoft has ZERO integrity and has to be called on their shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

wolf39us

I get what you are all saying and I agree it's a bad business model.  But in the end, if you don't like the way the system was designed... then don't get it!  Sony will be allowing the used game market to continue, unlike some companies *ahem*.

So what happens now?  People without internet are forced to either A. Get internet, or B. Get a different console!  Microsoft screws themselves over and is forced to overprice their box (which it already is)... people move over to Sony.  Microsoft will see their drop in profits and will either suffer or make adjustments accordingly

Shiranu

QuoteSo what happens now? People without internet are forced to either A. Get internet, or B. Get a different console! Microsoft screws themselves over and is forced to overprice their box (which it already is)... people move over to Sony. Microsoft will see their drop in profits and will either suffer or make adjustments accordingly.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... I'm not posting this to say, "Microsoft, change policy nao!" or to convince yall not to get it...

I just have found Microsoft making complete asses out of themselves hilarious and like to share good comedy :P.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Shiranu"//http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-will-support-live-in-these-countries-at-launch/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

MORE moronic news from Microsoft. I just...don't...even...

Its like theyre trying to fuck themselves over deliberately.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "Shiranu"//http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-will-support-live-in-these-countries-at-launch/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

MORE moronic news from Microsoft. I just...don't...even...

Its like theyre trying to fuck themselves over deliberately.

Between their PR, their questionable decisions in what the XB1 should be about (cable tv or game console? Online/offline? Etc.) and the fact they are leaving out huge markets... I just have to wonder who is running the show. On one hand, it looks like they don't give a shit about their customers, but on the other it seems like they don't give a shit about making money... they are just running around, doing whatever they want with complete disregard for what their actions will mean to their customers or their checkbooks.

I never can understand how businesses like this stay afloat, except that people are stupid enough to buy this garbage anyways...

missingnocchi

I've met  several people who insisted, even on seeing the direct evidence in the form of Microsoft's own statements, that none of this stuff is true. These people, along with Killer Instinct fans, seem to be Microsoft's entire customer base now. Which reminds me of another reason I hate Microsoft: they killed Rare, and have been using its corpse as a puppet to peddle their shitty games for a decade now.
What's a "Leppo?"

Aroura33

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Totally. I see no reason whatsoever to get one of the new gen consoles, at least not for a few years and they're dirt cheap.

My 360 has everything I need at the moment. Maybe things will change, but not in the short term, and not with the very little improvement I see on them.
This, the 360 is perfect for now, no need to upgrade until there is REAL change.  Also, I don't see the big deal with this clip, telling customers that an older product may work better for them...is honest!  I mean as opposed to just telling people to buy their new product and find a way to make it work (lying).
I appreciate that.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Sal1981

This traces back to their monopoly situation with new PCs having Windows OS pre-installed as part of the OEM. If customers were, back in the day, given the option to choose their OS, Microsoft would never have become this large. Not only that, you'd see a lot better standards in OS and computer hardware than all this dicking around.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Aroura33"
Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Totally. I see no reason whatsoever to get one of the new gen consoles, at least not for a few years and they're dirt cheap.

My 360 has everything I need at the moment. Maybe things will change, but not in the short term, and not with the very little improvement I see on them.
This, the 360 is perfect for now, no need to upgrade until there is REAL change.  Also, I don't see the big deal with this clip, telling customers that an older product may work better for them...is honest!  I mean as opposed to just telling people to buy their new product and find a way to make it work (lying).
I appreciate that.

If it wasn't for the rest of their shit, it wouldn't be a big issue. But...

The 360 is perfect *FOR NOW*. The problem is games will pretty much cease to be produced, and if you want the new titles, you will have to upgrade. And telling those customers, "Yeah, sorry... if you don't have internet, you aren't worth our time... but hey, still buy our older product because while we don't give a shit about you, we still want you to spend money on us!"... that may be truthful, but its truthfully admitting you don't give a shit about your customers.

And the thing is they CANT lie about this because it is public info that has been known for awhile that they have refused to admit is a bad idea. If people didn't make an issue out of it, it never would have even been brought up and people WOULD have bought it assuming it would work for them. But instead of addressing this issue they just tell their customers, "Go fuck yourself".