News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald is in trouble

Started by ferdmonger, September 08, 2023, 08:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Quote from: SGOS on March 16, 2024, 07:51:12 AMI don't view this election as Trump vs Biden. I see it as Trump vs Not Trump.

I agree with that.

ferdmonger

And in other news, Trump is his own worst enemy.

Unbeliever

He's also America's worst enemy!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Another one:  former Trump lawyer disbarred (another fall guy for the Don)

Another one: Trump involved in new lawsuit, suing FakeSocial Founders who themselves sued Trump due to Trump allegedly trying to dilute their shares so he can receive a bigger payout when he's finally allowed to sell 6 months from now.

QuoteThe judge said he was "gobsmacked" to learn of Trump's Florida suit — which he filed instead of bringing counterclaims against the two in Glasscock's own courtroom — and would consider possible sanctions against the former president in the Delaware case.
Do it.

Unbeliever

When has Drumph 💩 NOT been under a gag odor?
🤮
God Not Found

Hydra009

Only the best people: two plead guilty to insider trading relating to Trump's media company going public

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 03, 2024, 02:39:29 PMOnly the best people: two plead guilty to insider trading relating to Trump's media company going public
I can imagine a future American History class. "Today we will discuss The Gettysburg Address, and Trump's Toilet-Seat Tweets.

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on April 03, 2024, 08:49:18 PMI can imagine a future American History class. "Today we will discuss The Gettysburg Address, and Trump's Toilet-Seat Tweets.
Unfortunately, they're likely to talk about the Civil War, Jim Crow, and then Trump Era semi-open racism.

Trump will likely feature prominently in college curriculum as a cautionary tale in just about any field, from business ethics to international relations to microbiology.

Unbeliever

I read that Drumph had to take back the $175 million bond until he gets the paperwork right! 🤣
God Not Found

Hydra009

FCC to vote to restore net neutrality after Trump axed it

Long time coming.

For lurkers, net neutrality is the idea that ISPs treat data on the network the same and not "intentionally block, slow down, or charge money for specific online content"  Essentially, your ISP shouldn't care if you're playing video games online or facetiming your family or watching risque clown videos - it treats all data equally.  After all, you're paying the ISP for data speeds only, not access to specific parts of the internet.  Scrapping that opens the door for ISPs to pry into that sort of thing, opening the way for among other things - tiered payment schemes for different sites or content, as have happened in countries without net neutrality.

Critics of net neutrality (sometimes real people but infamously, lots of dead people) say it's not necessary yet seem suspiciously eager for radical changes in how ISPs operate, which may adversely affect you.  As examples, wireless companies have been found to throttle data to popular video sites like YouTube and Netflix, Sprint throttled Skype, and the even the friggin' fire department has been throttled in the midst of a goddamn wildfire - which had to pay extra to lift throttling (tantamount to extortion during a life-or-death crisis, yet not technically illegal)

the_antithesis

I though that if we don't have net neutrality, then ISP's should lose their common carrier protections. This was something back in the 80's and 90's when the internet was super new and ISPs made a lot of money off pedophiles. Watch the movie Call Me Lucky to learn more.

But a common carrier deal allows providers of a service to not be responsible for how customers use that service. For example, if you hold your wife's head underwater in the bathtub until she stops moving and then throw a toaster in the tub for good measure, neither the water company nor the electric company are liable. They are common carriers and provide the same services to everyone and have no control over how you use or abuse their services.

Without net neutrality, ISPs are responsible for every single illegal thing their users do on the internet because they demonstrate that they do have control over how customers use their services. So they should be fined into oblivion and the world can be a better place.

Unbeliever

I read that net neutrality might be coming back.
God Not Found

Hydra009

Too much catering to nutjobs: Trumper "overserved" (read: wasted) at Trump event

QuoteTrump's security people had to ask the congresswoman to stop trying to pose for pictures with the former president at the December event.
At least she kept her hands to herself this time.  Could you imagine the indignity of some rando slimeball trying to grope you without consent?

ferdmonger

Strange how I knew who you were talking about before I clicked the link. Gracious me woman, you are an elected official.  Then again, so was Donald Trump, so never mind. 

Hydra009

Trump takeover of RNC not going well

QuoteDonald Trump's allies installed to run the Republican National Committee have faced a tumultuous first month in charge, buffeted by staffing problems and operational headaches as they attempt to bring the party apparatus under the control of the Trump campaign before the 2024 election.

QuoteThe internal strife at the RNC has prompted the Trump campaign to privately admonish its new leaders in recent weeks. And the move to orchestrate a purge may have partly backfired with far-reaching consequences for the RNC, multiple sources familiar with the matter said.
I'm going to take a wild guess here that those "private" admonishments aren't very private, since I'm reading about them in the paper.

QuoteBut the threats of termination and the rumored loyalty tests – which turned out to be accurate when staffers were asked in job interviews if they thought the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, though there has been no evidence of election fraud – may have been too aggressive.
That's a hell of a loyalty test.  "Do you believe your eyes or Trump?" Wow.

QuoteThe new RNC leadership recently started offering the data team staffers housing within the Trump campaign campus, described informally as "Trump Village"
Low hanging fruit I know, but damn, that village is missing its idiot!

QuoteSome staffers who declined return offers suggested they disliked the notion of living at work, which might also mean living alongside the most hardcore Trump campaign staffers.
No kidding.  More sex offenders per mile than Vatican City.  (I'm joking, of course.  I know Vatican City uses metric)

QuoteRNC staffers have long known the way to answer the question of whether the 2020 election was stolen is to say there were "irregularities", the fact that they were being quizzed made them think the Trump campaign inherently distrusted people from the RNC, and they would always have a target on their backs.
The most flexible spines in the country.  And yeah, they're right.