News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Donald is in trouble

Started by ferdmonger, September 08, 2023, 08:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferdmonger

So I'm sitting here thinking there is no thread on the real trouble that Donald Trump is in.

The courts of law are closing in.  These are not Truth Social posts or campaign stops.  These are courts of law.  It's time MAGA supporters acknowledged the truth. Justice is growing closer.

How dare you suborn the peaceful transfer of power. 

Dark Lightning

These people worship him, no getting around it. Some of them are coming to their senses.

ferdmonger

My vote counts as much as yours and my neighbors.  You tried, and are continuing to try, to steal my vote. Feel free to concede any day. 

Mike Cl

Is there any truth to what Huckabee (the old male --can't call him a man--) said----bullets will fly if trump is found guilty on any count?  Are we headed to a shooting civil war??
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

I think all those people are pussies.  They won't do shit. They talk big, but that's all they'll do.

I hope I'm not wrong.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

ferdmonger

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 08, 2023, 10:43:17 PMIs there any truth to what Huckabee (the old male --can't call him a man--) said----bullets will fly if trump is found guilty on any count?  Are we headed to a shooting civil war??
[/quote

No.  Those hundreds of prosecutions have taken the steam out of the seditious wing.

Hydra009

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 08, 2023, 08:39:23 PMSo I'm sitting here thinking there is no thread on the real trouble that Donald Trump is in.

I made one thread, but there's only so much aging-megalomaniac-dictator-and-existential-threat-to-democracy I can realistically cover from day to day.  Not just in terms of time, but also in terms of emotional disgust and mental anguish at having to sift through so much evil.  Suffice it to say I plan on reading the obituaries with a lot of satisfaction (and possibly a Kyiv mule in hand) in the near future.  Fingers crossed.

aitm

Bravado is easy when you are the only ones holding weapons along a parade route. When that changes, and the other side is holding guns as well, the bravado becomes a reality, and, let's face it, nobody really wants to die in a gun fight with your neighbors over political bull-shit that in the end is a useless argument as the politicians are all being paid by the same people.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

aitm

Let me add that I have met women who think we should have civil war, and I merely mention, bullets don't always go where intended, are you willing to sacrifice your child to a wayward bullet? Because that it what war does.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

We could always ask countries experiencing a civil war right now how that's going for them (spoiler: not great) and ask if they'd like the US to experience something similar...again.

But the same naive logic that they use to conclude that putting a grifter and pathological liar into office will somehow magically make the US "great again" they also use to predict that a Civil War would go 100% their way and be over quick (they thought that last time, too)

Also, the majority of people in the US (and about 8% of Joe Rogan listeners) don't want to live under a fascist theocracy, they're not going to just lay down and accept it at the barrel of a gun.  You need at least 5 out of 9 Supreme Court justices for that.

Unbeliever

I liked Joe Rogan when he was on News Radio, but I can't listen to his ranting on his show.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 10, 2023, 01:28:32 PMI liked Joe Rogan when he was on News Radio, but I can't listen to his ranting on his show.
He, like lumpy Limbaugh, saw where the money was and decided that money was better than civility and simple courtesy. Greed rules the news and podcasts now. Civility is out the window in favor of wealth. They don't give a fuck about people anymore. They are the new corporations where making a billion and a half is better than making a billion and passing the half billion to their labor. This is the state of so-called capitalism is now.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on September 10, 2023, 01:43:58 PM.
He, like lumpy Limbaugh, saw where the money was and decided that money was better than civility and simple courtesy. Greed rules the news and podcasts now. Civility is out the window in favor of wealth. They don't give a fuck about people anymore. They are the new corporations where making a billion and a half is better than making a billion and passing the half billion to their labor. This is the state of so-called capitalism is now.
Same with internet trolls, ain't it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Welp, time to throw in the towel, some rube has "evadence" that Daddy Donald didn't do it.

ferdmonger

"No police"

Brilliant.  Case dismissed.