News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

And dogs prefer soft rock and reggae.

I've heard a theory that animals (including humans) prefer music that closely resembles their own heartbeat - hence the bizarre coincidence that the BeeGees hit "Staying Alive" can be helpful in administering CPR.

Gawdzilla Sama

I had a guy try to kick me off Purdue's network once for saying I had a cat named "Jemima". I pointed out that she was named for the littlest cat in the video "Cats", a critter she strongly resembled. He refused to believe me, refused to watch the video, and refused to stop pestering me. He lost his account.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

LOLOL. I'm with him! I'm using the phone because I need to. I've never liked laptops. I hate tablets with a vengeance. We want wireless PCs! You laugh now, we'll unite and push our agenda until we get our PCs! Wireless PC! Wireless PC!
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

By the way, I think that woman is confused between the cup as the standard tea cup and the 'cup' on the measuring cups you guys have in the States. One is around 150 ml or less, the other is around 300 ml. So one is 'little' and the other is 'much'. I don't think she paid attention to the ratio at all. She just used a rule of thumb according to her taste and wrote what she thought was much less using a smaller cup. It's not like that recipe is a new invetion that you can't guess the result, lol. People don't cook with math, they cook with their own rule of thumb according to their taste. That's for the cook shows and those weird yuck vidoes in pinterest.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 19, 2020, 06:08:15 AM
By the way, I think that woman is confused between the cup as the standard tea cup and the 'cup' on the measuring cups you guys have in the States. One is around 150 ml or less, the other is around 300 ml. So one is 'little' and the other is 'much'. I don't think she paid attention to the ratio at all. She just used a rule of thumb according to her taste and wrote what she thought was much less using a smaller cup. It's not like that recipe is a new invetion that you can't guess the result, lol. People don't cook with math, they cook with their own rule of thumb according to their taste. That's for the cook shows and those weird yuck vidoes in pinterest.

People follow GPS off a cliff.  My Ex only made that mistake, with cooking, one time.  The recipe had a typo on the amount of olive oil (baking).  It was a greasy mess.  Her grandmother was from the old country though, always measured with her fingers etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009