Sanders supporters, what are you doing for your plan b?

Started by PickelledEggs, April 23, 2016, 01:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

That way the Dems are happy too, for the first woman President ... after the CIA waxes her boss.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Plan B: vote for Hillary, of course. The worst Democrat* is still far better than the best Republican. And not voting, or voting third party, is tantamount to voting Republican.

*And Hillary is really not as bad as many seem to imagine: most of the negatives going around about her are the result of decades Republican smearing.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on April 23, 2016, 09:32:25 AM
I think who the VP will be, for either party, is crucial.  I can see Hillary getting impeached immediately, so the VP will be the real president.
Oh, they'll definitely at least try to impeach her.  There hasn't been a Democrat President since Carter who the Republicans didn't openly talk about at least trying to impeach because, in their tiny little minds, it's actually illegal for them to lose an election.  I remember talk of impeaching Obama 2 months before he was even elected.  And let's face it, the whole "birther" thing was every bit a grasp at straws to try to find a way to remove him from office.

But even if they do manage to get her impeached that still doesn't mean they can remove her from office, which would be their ultimate goal.  I haven't followed the whole email debacle too closely, but I very much doubt they would have the grounds to do more than impeach her on a technicality.  After all, they have been throwing shit at the walls for years hoping something would stick, opening multiple investigations into her, personally, just trying to find [/i]something, ANYTHING[/i] that she might have done which would disqualify her altogether.  They even timed this one to hang over the election.  And this is the party who has disenfranchised perhaps millions of likely Democrat voters, the party with the audacity to actually rig an election under the premise that they were trying to stop the election from being rigged.  So yeah, they'll start talking about how they're going to impeach her as soon as it's obvious she has the nomination.  Maybe sooner.  And you can be damned sure they'll try like hell.  But every other bullshit story they have dug up about her so far as been nothing more than a monkey throwing his shit.  I have no reason to believe the email thing or anything else they might come up with is any different.  The is both the party of cheaters and the party of "The sky is falling!!!", after all.  I take EVERYTHING they say with a grain of salt...and then throw it out completely because there's a VERY high probability that it's shit.
This sentence is a lie...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on April 25, 2016, 06:32:33 PM
Will you vote if Sanders doesn't win the primary?
Quote from: Nonsensei on April 25, 2016, 06:48:31 PM
No.
:high5:#Trump2016 :clap: :celebrate: :lolhitting:

Hooray for another Trump vote that is not opposed!!!!  :bravo2: :thanx: :clap:

Shiranu

I am a Sanders supporter, but not a fan of Sanders... too much of a one-trick pony and I think that killed him more than anything. But I will take a status-quo poiltican like Hillary, despicable that may be, over someone who wants to be even worse than the status quo. "Cutting your nose off to smite your face", or some such, by not voting for Hillary because you don't like her and think Trump has any legitimate right to lead a country if the people think so.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

LoriPinkAngel

Nonsensei

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 26, 2016, 06:06:38 PM
:high5:#Trump2016 :clap: :celebrate: :lolhitting:

Hooray for another Trump vote that is not opposed!!!!  :bravo2: :thanx: :clap:

This may shock you, but i don't consider Clinton to be a better choice than Trump.

On the one hand we have a guy saying whatever he has to to keep the dimwits supporting him. What will he really be like as president? Nobody knows. Will he be able to do any of the shit he is talking about like building a wall or deporting Muslims? Nope.

On the other hand we have a woman who can't be trusted, and is in the pockets of more corporations than I can count. What will she really be like as president? Nobody knows. Will she be able to accomplish anything in office? Maybe, but, being the Tostidos(tm) presidential candidate, in my opinion the better questions is "do we want her to?"

My vote goes to Bernie because he is capable of displaying some tiny shred of concern for Americans. Some regard beyond the facade of patriotic yes we can nonsense required to get himself into office. Neither of the other candidates have shown even an iota of that. In my estimation, Trump and Clinton are equally reprehensible.

Yet according to you I am required to vote for one of those pieces of shit over the other or I'm burying my head in the sand. Well fuck you very much. I get to decide who I vote for and whether or not I cast my vote. I am not required to fall in line for another 4-8 years of sure and steady economic stagnation while our rights continue to circle the drain just so that I can vote for YOUR choice between the lesser of 'who cares?'
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 26, 2016, 06:48:02 PM
This may shock you, but i don't consider Clinton to be a better choice than Trump.

On the one hand we have a guy saying whatever he has to to keep the dimwits supporting him. What will he really be like as president? Nobody knows. Will he be able to do any of the shit he is talking about like building a wall or deporting Muslims? Nope.

On the other hand we have a woman who can't be trusted, and is in the pockets of more corporations than I can count. What will she really be like as president? Nobody knows. Will she be able to accomplish anything in office? Maybe, but, being the Tostidos(tm) presidential candidate, in my opinion the better questions is "do we want her to?"

My vote goes to Bernie because he is capable of displaying some tiny shred of concern for Americans. Some regard beyond the facade of patriotic yes we can nonsense required to get himself into office. Neither of the other candidates have shown even an iota of that. In my estimation, Trump and Clinton are equally reprehensible.

Yet according to you I am required to vote for one of those pieces of shit over the other or I'm burying my head in the sand. Well fuck you very much. I get to decide who I vote for and whether or not I cast my vote. I am not required to fall in line for another 4-8 years of sure and steady economic stagnation while our rights continue to circle the drain just so that I can vote for YOUR choice between the lesser of 'who cares?'
Oh. Ok. At least you acknowledge that you not voting makes it easier for Trump. I'm going to have to disagree with your suggestion that Trump is a better candidate than Clinton but at least you know that you're basically indirectly voting for Trump by choosing to bury your head in the sand.

In regards to burying your head in the sand. Point out where I'm wrong with that and I'll take it back.

PickelledEggs

One of the arguments I've heard by a Hillary supporter, and I'll paraphrase because I don't remember the wording verbatim, but I do remember his point:

Quote*I really would like Bernie to be president, but I don't think anyone in office would work with him. Everyone that hears that says "well then if you think no one will work with him, we need to vote in people to office that will." Everyone thinks that is so much easier than it is. Sure. We'll just swap out the entire senate... easier said than done. I really like Sander's policies, although I still am completely unsure how his foreign policy works or if it would even work at all and I don't agree with a lot of the things Hillary says and has as policies, but if we're going to get the most done in this country and obtain the most progress, I think having Hillary in office is the way it's going to get done.*

Not that I agree with him 100%, but it is probably the best argument for Hillary that I've heard.

PickelledEggs

OH. And nonsensei. If you really think Trump is a better candidate than Hillary... and the instance comes where it's Hillary Vs Trump, why not help secure Trump's victory?

It is of course your choice to bury your head in the sand and let whatever happens happen, but this is the head of our country we're talking about. It's important to have your voice heard.

Nonsensei

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 26, 2016, 06:51:16 PM
Oh. Ok. At least you acknowledge that you not voting makes it easier for Trump. I'm going to have to disagree with your suggestion that Trump is a better candidate than Clinton but at least you know that you're basically indirectly voting for Trump by choosing to bury your head in the sand.

In regards to burying your head in the sand. Point out where I'm wrong with that and I'll take it back.

Pretty sure I went out of my way to make it clear that Clinton and Trump are equally shit in my view. I like how your mind warped that into me suggesting Trump is better. Kind of telling.

I think its really more a case of you burying your head in the sand rather than me not doing so. The idea that Hillary Clinton is preferable to Donald Trump as president demonstrates a precious, terrifying sort of naivete on your part. The only major difference between them so far is that Trump is vocally on one side of social issues neither of them will ever be able to do anything about, while Clinton is on the other side of those issues neither of them will ever be able to do anything about.

But its all fruitless belching really. Ive seen you post here. You have no intention of taking anything back because this is the internet and you refuse to be wrong.

Anyway this "indirectly voting for Trump" thing is the biggest steamiest load of bullshit ive ever smelled and I think you know it. Hillary Clinton had an opportunity to earn my vote and she failed. Am I to be blamed for that? Is it my fault your precious candidate can barely command a majority of members of her own party? Is it my fault that she is not worth the time or effort I would have to expend to write her name on a ballot?

Your level of conceit is towering. I don't owe her or you anything, and if she loses to Donald Trump it isnt my fault because I didn't vote for her. Its HER fault because she gave me reason not to.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

gentle_dissident

Baruch

Why have a government at all?  Would actual anarchy be any more anarchic than the present system?  Without the rule of law, there is no government.  And the "ends justify the means" folks keep undoing the rule of law.

And no, the idea that any candidate can be my representative ... is so much Santa Claus.  They represent the lobbyists ... who represent the people with the real power and real money ... aka not you or I.  Would it be a bad thing if the curtain was pulled back from this false legitimacy?

And how can we consider someone we don't actually know, as pure evil?  How can we even entertain the idea of pure evil, if there is no G-d?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 26, 2016, 06:48:02 PMWhat will she really be like as president?
Well, unlike Trump, we do have her Senate legislative record and Department of State experience to go on.  She's had some blunders for sure, but overall not terrible, imo.  Expect interventionist foreign policy combined with moderately liberal social and economic policy.  Basically, a slightly more conservative and more hawkish Obama.

My main gripe with her (besides the assorted scandals and issue flip-flopping more indicative of political expedience than "evolving" one's stances) is that you can ask her a direct question and get a bunch of bullshit in response.  It's extremely off-putting and I can't blame you for staying home on election day.

But this election will almost certainly determine at least one new Supreme Court justice.  At least with her, I'd be a liberal appointee.