News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Regressive left

Started by Jannabear, April 03, 2016, 04:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jannabear

The regressive left: A term used to describe a demographic of people who usually heavily promote an unhealthy level of political correctness, lack nuance, and don't address criticisms even if their ideas are good.
It's very frustrating to me that regressive leftists hurt every movement I care about.
Trans rights:
Transgender rights movements are a serious thing that we need currently, the pre op suicide rate is 41 percent, transgender people can be denied housing, healthcare, and a job in many states, and socially they're one of the most hated and poorly treated demographics in the country.
How regressive leftists are fucking it:
They're turning transgenderism into a gimmick, examples are:
Caitlyn jenner basically advertising herself as being trans in order to get attention, and the regressive left treating her as if she's a good person simply for doing so, even though she's anti gay and has done some shady shit in the past.
The tumblr list of 500000000000000 pronouns and the extreme overreaction if someone accidentally misgenders you.
Gender fluidity as a fucking idea...
The unwellingness of the regressive left to make a coherent argument for trans rights, instead of just deeming everyone who disagrees to be wrong, when there are many easy to make great points for trans rights that even a fucking 5th grader can comprehend.
How the regressive left fucks over the political shift to the left:
H
I
LL
ARY
CLINTON.
Need I say more.
Hillary clinton has spoken out against gay marriage and for the war in iraq, she's basically been a republican for most of her career, and she's taken MILLIONS upon millions in "DONATIONS", throughout her career.
If anyone wants evidence for these things, here you go.
Her stance on gay marriage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL89ga0nDMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI
If I get someone saying "it was like 40 years ago when she was anti gay" again I seriously think I'll break my pc.
Her stances on the war in iraq
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI
And her being a complete shill.
https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/contrib.php?id=N00000019&cycle=2016&type=f&src=o
The regressive left primarily supports hillary, and for reasoning such as her views on social issues or because she's a woman.
The regressive left also claims to speak for entire demographics, such as the LGBT community.
Not all, and I would argue most LGBT people aren't oversensitive assholes, If someone misgenders me I'm not going to lose my shit and form a fucking army, like regressive leftists would have you believe, or would want to be, or would try to do themself, most gay people aren't going to get angry if you do a fake gay voice or make a light hearted gay joke, most of us aren't these oversensitive vulnerable narcissistic dumbasses like regressive leftists portray us to be, not only this, but them portraying us this way is detrimental to the actual things that need to be done, and gives the right wing fodder to dismiss actual equality movements by labeling them regressive leftist.
There are many other things the regressive left does, but in conclusion, they're fucking american, canadian, and european politics, and something needs to be done.
If you want to comment please address my points, I don't want any stupid horseshit, I want a real discussion, and if you disagree with what constitutes regressive, tell me why, thanks.

Shiranu

QuoteGender fluidity as a fucking idea...

A perfect 5/7, would laugh again.

Serious answer though; the alternative to gender fluid is that we all adhere to our gender roles, and there are only three genders in American culture(M/F/T). That is not a healthy system, and one that is actually pretty limited compared to most of the world's average 4-7 recognized genders.

The entire gender system is a cultural construct and not a biological, scientific truth, so we cant act like they are some set in stone things.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on April 03, 2016, 04:21:47 PM
A perfect 5/7, would laugh again.

Serious answer though; the alternative to gender fluid is that we all adhere to our gender roles, and there are only three genders in American culture(M/F/T). That is not a healthy system, and one that is actually pretty limited compared to most of the world's average 4-7 recognized genders.

The entire gender system is a cultural construct and not a biological, scientific truth, so we cant act like they are some set in stone things.
I think you put the horse before the carriage, gender is not a social construct, our brain's structure and what we refer to as gender creates the construct we live in, even if it's not an accurate representation of how gender would affect society in a nonbiased society.
Your brain structure accounts for why you like things we generally regard as more masculine or feminine regarding your personality, and I'm not referring to stupid shit like, "U LIKE DOLLS YOUR A  GIRL FAGGOT", I'm referring to actual differences such as behavior, ways of expression, the way you want your body to be and more.
There are real differences in the neurology of men and women, and people who are nonbinary, so therefore gender is not a social construct.
Am I open to the idea of gender fluidity, yes, but I've yet to be presented with any evidence that it exists, and I have a friend I'm close to who identifies as gender fluid, I would never make any rude comments towards him, but I've yet to be presented with evidence that that's something neurologically possible.
How many genders is really just a matter of specification, I empathize with the idea of having more identities as I see it could have benefits, such as more clear expression of who you are, but the negatives far outway the benefits, and it just plays into the whole  identity politics even worse, why make these ridiculous overspecifications when we can just tell people who we are and what we like and dislike, we're humans, not titles, I think male, female, nonbinary, and a few adjectives alongside that are plenty enough to describe who we are.

Nonsensei

As pissed as you are at the left, you would think you would be focusing your energy and disdain on the right.

Hell, if Trump becomes president you might end up being executed in the street for being trans. At least the left is raising transgenderism to the level of a norm in the public mind even if it is done in a self serving, backwards way.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

QuoteI think you put the horse before the carriage, gender is not a social construct, our brain's structure and what we refer to as gender creates the construct we live in, even if it's not an accurate representation of how gender would affect society in a nonbiased society.

QuoteGender-
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"
synonyms:   sex
"variables included age, income, and gender"
GRAMMAR
(in languages such as Latin, Greek, Russian, and German) each of the classes (typically masculine, feminine, common, neuter) of nouns and pronouns distinguished by the different inflections that they have and require in words syntactically associated with them. Grammatical gender is only very loosely associated with natural distinctions of sex.

Scientifically there is nothing called gender. Gender is just the roles and expectations placed upon you based on what sex you were born, and have almost nothing to do with biology.

QuoteYour brain structure accounts for why you like things we generally regard as more masculine or feminine regarding your personality, and I'm not referring to stupid shit like, "U LIKE DOLLS YOUR A  GIRL FAGGOT", I'm referring to actual differences such as behavior, ways of expression, the way you want your body to be and more.

Except they aren't... there are very few things that are homogeneous between cultures that define what is or isn't a man or woman. While the few easy to think of ones like childrearing and aggression seem like the are pretty gender specific, people raised by the other gender tend to exhibit many of the traits we think of as being "male " or "female" that do match their own sex. There are also some cultures where women are the aggressive sex while men tend to be more passive and raise the kids while the women are out farming and working. Finally the concept of how many genders varies from society to society, particularly once you get into Asia.

QuoteThere are real differences in the neurology of men and women, and people who are nonbinary, so therefore gender is not a social construct.

The overwhelming majority of gender related issues are not neurological though. Very little of what it means to be a "man" or a "woman" in our culture has the slightest thing to do with our brains but rather what is expected of us. And since these things are not homogeneous across cultures or indeed even within our own culture, we either have to believe that other cultures are neurologically different than us or recognize that gender is a cultural construct. There is far more evidence for the latter.

QuoteHow many genders is really just a matter of specification, I empathize with the idea of having more identities as I see it could have benefits, such as more clear expression of who you are, but the negatives far outway the benefits, and it just plays into the whole  identity politics even worse, why make these ridiculous overspecifications when we can just tell people who we are and what we like and dislike, we're humans, not titles, I think male, female, nonbinary, and a few adjectives alongside that are plenty enough to describe who we are.

Which is okay if you fit perfectly into a category, but by having set in stone categories it makes it much harder for people who do not perfectly represent their gender to be accepted and validates bigotry towards them since they are not filling the roles expected of their gender. And again, it is scientifically inaccurate so that itself is a large reason not to use it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jannabear

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 03, 2016, 04:50:58 PM
As pissed as you are at the left, you would think you would be focusing your energy and disdain on the right.

Hell, if Trump becomes president you might end up being executed in the street for being trans. At least the left is raising transgenderism to the level of a norm in the public mind even if it is done in a self serving, backwards way.
The regressive left*
And ironically trump does better against hillary then bernie in general election polls by 5 points, hillary still beats trump in general election polls, but I have a feeling that will change considering she's such a shill, and the right wing absolutely hates her fucking guts.
Anyways, I focus energy into both the regressive left and the right wing.

Jannabear

Quote from: Shiranu on April 03, 2016, 04:55:16 PM
Scientifically there is nothing called gender. Gender is just the roles and expectations placed upon you based on what sex you were born, and have almost nothing to do with biology.

Except they aren't... there are very few things that are homogeneous between cultures that define what is or isn't a man or woman. While the few easy to think of ones like childrearing and aggression seem like the are pretty gender specific, people raised by the other gender tend to exhibit many of the traits we think of as being "male " or "female" that do match their own sex. There are also some cultures where women are the aggressive sex while men tend to be more passive and raise the kids while the women are out farming and working. Finally the concept of how many genders varies from society to society, particularly once you get into Asia.

The overwhelming majority of gender related issues are not neurological though. Very little of what it means to be a "man" or a "woman" in our culture has the slightest thing to do with our brains but rather what is expected of us. And since these things are not homogeneous across cultures or indeed even within our own culture, we either have to believe that other cultures are neurologically different than us or recognize that gender is a cultural construct. There is far more evidence for the latter.

Which is okay if you fit perfectly into a category, but by having set in stone categories it makes it much harder for people who do not perfectly represent their gender to be accepted and validates bigotry towards them since they are not filling the roles expected of their gender. And again, it is scientifically inaccurate so that itself is a large reason not to use it.
When was I suggesting that we have strict categories, I just disagreed that gender is a social construct, I'm not one of these blabbering retards who is like WOMAN FUCK AND IN KITCHEN, MAN STRONG AND FUCK WOMAN.
I think the actual general differences are things that are healthy and not dividing, and most have to do with ways of expression, and behavior, and not these strict dumbass stereotypes.
You didn't really understand what I meant.

Baruch

Some people are burnt because gender stereotypes are ... stereotypes.  Nobody actually matches any stereotypes ... we use stereotypes to hopefully make conversation and identification simpler, otherwise it is impossible to do.  I am a unique individual, there is no one else like me, I am a species of One ... right?

The uniformity (in stupidity) of humanity offend some.  The diversity of humanity offends others.

Some things are biological, some are social, others are individual.  Don't dismiss any of it.  Dismissing biology is ... unnatural.  Dismissing society is sociopathic.  Dismissing individuality is totalitarian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jannabear

Quote from: Baruch on April 03, 2016, 05:55:07 PM
Some people are burnt because gender stereotypes are ... stereotypes.  Nobody actually matches any stereotypes ... we use stereotypes to hopefully make conversation and identification simpler, otherwise it is impossible to do.  I am a unique individual, there is no one else like me, I am a species of One ... right?

The uniformity (in stupidity) of humanity offend some.  The diversity of humanity offends others.

Some things are biological, some are social, others are individual.  Don't dismiss any of it.  Dismissing biology is ... unnatural.  Dismissing society is sociopathic.  Dismissing individuality is totalitarian.
I agree, lets account for all 3 and not act like morons.

Hakurei Reimu

Why I don't like Hillary in one simple sentence: if she's elected, you know it's just going to be more of the same bullshit.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 03, 2016, 04:50:58 PM
Can't I just hate everyone equally?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Simple solution: Make sure Sanders wins the primaries.

If that doesn't work, better start thinking now what your backup is going to be though. Will you be voting for Hillary? Trump or Cruz?

In a situation where you had to choose between Hillary or Trump... or Hillary or Cruz, which would you pick? I'd choose Hillary, even though I'd probably puke my brains out afterwards from being so disgusted with the choice I was left with.

PickelledEggs

The other option is that you can not vote at all and let whatever happens, happen...

Johan

That was like 40 years ago when she was anti-gay.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Nonsensei

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on April 03, 2016, 06:40:27 PM
Why I don't like Hillary in one simple sentence: if she's elected, you know it's just going to be more of the same bullshit.

Whereas other candidates will be a whole new kind of bullshit.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on