News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Reincarnation Is Real

Started by Fluffhead, March 24, 2013, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on December 04, 2014, 06:15:42 PM
A Ha! Somebody finally mentioned the avatar. I got rid of it because of one of the following reasons:

1. It was incredibly sexist and I felt it might be off-putting to females that came on the forum

2. Other people on the forum were too caught up in it and it distracted from discussions

3. The wife saw it and "objected to the sexuality of it"

You decide........

4. Got tired of aitm hitting on you.. And the candy was stale anyway.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

bhaktajan

Quote from: Gerard on December 04, 2014, 03:59:33 PM
The Peristaltic theory of faith and free will.......

That's deep.

I shit, therefore I have no will.

Gerard

"You" don't do anything!

You assume the POSITION.

YOU ARE FORCED TO ---AND YOU SUBMIT TO ITS POWER AND WILL.

It is, for all intents & purposes a GOD that you cow-tow to.

You cannot control your bowels ---yet you take the helm of flotsam on seas you know not where it takes us and our compadres.
I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna "book distributor". In his book I spotted the term: "The Supreme Personality Of Godhead". I exclaimed "Do you realise what you are implying here with the term "Supreme Personality Of Godhead"? Can you substantiate this?

Gerard

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 05, 2014, 03:29:37 PM
"You" don't do anything!

You assume the POSITION.

You cannot control your bowels ---yet you take the helm of flotsam on seas you know not where it takes us and our compadres.

It's power and will? What's that supposed to mean? My bowel movements are proof of an act of God?. Why is this supposed to have a deeper meaning? Is it that we don't have free will but our bowels have? Is it that knowledge is meaningless because we can't tell when it's time to do...... well you know what? And if processes we can only partially control have deep meaning, how about things we can control? Why are they different?

BTW, I can assure you that I can do things that have consequences for my bowels and their activity.

Gerard

Hakurei Reimu

"You" don't do anything!

You assume the POSITION.

Are you high? I understand the munchies can get quite severe.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gerard

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on December 05, 2014, 05:57:14 PM
Are you high? I understand the munchies can get quite severe.

He may be typing boldly from his bathroom (dis)comfort situation. That could be stressful.....

Gerard

aitm

You assume the POSITION.

You cannot control your bowels

yeah well maybe you enjoy assuming the position but dat shit ain't happening here…

ps…you gots one mother fucking weird religion there but.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Berati

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 12:35:08 PM
Only in the human form of life is Karma created. In Other forms karma is burnt off.
Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 12:33:52 PM
Never 'assume' ---you make an ass out of you & me.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gerard on December 05, 2014, 03:51:28 PM
It's power and will? What's that supposed to mean? My bowel movements are proof of an act of God?. Why is this supposed to have a deeper meaning? Is it that we don't have free will but our bowels have? Is it that knowledge is meaningless because we can't tell when it's time to do...... well you know what? And if processes we can only partially control have deep meaning, how about things we can control? Why are they different?

BTW, I can assure you that I can do things that have consequences for my bowels and their activity.

Gerard
It doesn't mean anything. He's has a hard concept grasping the basic concept of logic.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on December 05, 2014, 07:38:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AV_dHIkBl4

You think the religion is weird, listen to the music.  :eek:
I see your "whatever that is" and raise you a benny lava Bollywood music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g

Aletheia

I can't really continue. This argument seems horribly one-sided and rather guilt-inducing, much like when you ask a four year old if light is a wave or a particle.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

stromboli

This thread was only semi-comprehensible from the beginning, and went south from there. We'll be on polar ice caps any time now.

AllPurposeAtheist

Steve, go get your mom and her cleansing rock. This thread needs a good scrubbing down. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on December 06, 2014, 10:14:26 AM
Steve, go get your mom and her cleansing rock. This thread needs a good scrubbing down. :lol:

Every time I see a post by Bhaktajan, I flash back to the Boston Commons in 1971 and Hare Krishnas bobbing up and down to drum and flute music, while others begged money. If that is their version of enlightenment, I'll do without.

Solitary

Hey! Don't knock it too much this countries religion brought us the Kama Sutra.  :eek: :drool:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.