News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I need an avatar

Started by widdershins, January 07, 2016, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: widdershins on January 07, 2016, 06:20:47 PM
I could use an avatar from the web, yes, but I feel bad about using someone else's work, especially if they may not approve of it used as an avatar on an atheist forum.  But more than that, I'm fussy.  I want it to "mean something".  I suppose I'll just think harder about it and eventually come up with something.  When I finally pick one it will be either the lamest or most profound avatar ever!

Just crop a picture of Pope Francis.  He will appreciate your irony ;-)

I chose Spinoza because he was the first secular Jewish person.  And a freethinker.  Though my favorite rabbi is Rebbe Nachman of Breslov.  I play both sides against the middle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

kevin007

It's hard to decide what avatar to choose, I myself have been wondering whether to just put a photograph of me as mine, but I don't know whether I could handle all that female attention;)

stromboli

Nobody needs an avatar. Like nobody needs a tattoo or  gauged ears or piercings. You just want to stand out in a crowd, like this guy:

Do you feel special now?

PopeyesPappy

I hear Sigourney Weaver left a perfectly good one laying under a tree somewhere.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Sal1981

Get a symbol avatar. Bitches love symbols.

GSOgymrat

I use a photo of myself because in some places being atheist carries a stigma and putting my face out there, while not a big deal, appeals to me. I completely understand why people don't want to post photos of themselves online but I like it when people do. Some avatars are pretty entertaining though.

Baruch

My avatar reflects the "inner me".  A physical picture of the "inner me" would be yucky except to med students.  My external appearance has always been something I am indifferent to.  No Narcissus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2016, 08:25:26 AM
My avatar reflects the "inner me".  A physical picture of the "inner me" would be yucky except to med students.  My external appearance has always been something I am indifferent to.  No Narcissus.

So the inner you is a dead Jewish guy? Carry on.

stromboli

The mere fact that, at this point, the OP still doesn't have an avatar suggests a level of indecision and fear of commitment. So how are things in mama's basement?

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on January 09, 2016, 08:31:18 AM
So the inner you is a dead Jewish guy? Carry on.

Nearly dead ... don't rush me, Rush ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Here, let me be a nice guy and offer some choices for ya:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Gotta say the 2nd one from the top is a classic. the others? too cute.

Munch

How about eternal flower power?

Or the eternal pyramid of complexity

Or the cauliflower of sub atomic universes

Or the office space of infinity possibilities

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

I got more.

The cycle of human consciousness

The reversal of break time

The pen is truly mightier than the sword

And then.. urm.. CAT!!