News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I need an avatar

Started by widdershins, January 07, 2016, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: stromboli on January 09, 2016, 02:06:20 PM
Gotta say the 2nd one from the top is a classic. the others? too cute.

Now, y'all don't pick on no theologians, yah hear!

Munch ... and they say ... we don't do no metaphysical woo woo ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

stromboli

widdershins

Ouch.  A couple of you were a little brutal there.  I hardly think I'm guilty of an offense worthy of derision and mocking for asking a little advice and not immediately choosing an avatar.

To me an avatar says something about me.  If it doesn't, why would I bother having one?  If it's just some picture I rip off the net what makes it any better than the default image?  I don't have any "fear" of choosing an avatar.  I just don't want to choose something meaningless to me.  In fact, only once before have I ever had an avatar anywhere, which I made myself after a lot of thought, but didn't really like.  I usually don't care.  But I wanted one for here and I wanted it to matter because this place means something to me.

To those who tried to help, thank you.  To those who took the opportunity to make fun of and deride me, including staff, thank you as well.  I no longer need an avatar.  Problem solved.
This sentence is a lie...

aitm

Quote from: widdershins on January 12, 2016, 11:00:44 AM
Ouch.  A couple of you were a little brutal there.  I hardly think I'm guilty of an offense worthy of derision and mocking for asking a little advice and not immediately choosing an avatar.

To me an avatar says something about me.  If it doesn't, why would I bother having one?  If it's just some picture I rip off the net what makes it any better than the default image?  I don't have any "fear" of choosing an avatar.  I just don't want to choose something meaningless to me.  In fact, only once before have I ever had an avatar anywhere, which I made myself after a lot of thought, but didn't really like.  I usually don't care.  But I wanted one for here and I wanted it to matter because this place means something to me.

To those who tried to help, thank you.  To those who took the opportunity to make fun of and deride me, including staff, thank you as well.  I no longer need an avatar.  Problem solved.
We were having fun. You took it too seriously. Hell, we got some here that change their avatar as often as they change status on facebook. Nobody is deriding you. Buck up mate, it's all in fun, like we never have any of that here eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

Quote from: stromboli on January 09, 2016, 08:31:18 AM
So the inner you is a dead Jewish guy? Carry on.

A dead smart Jewish guy (or is smart and Jewish redundant?)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 09, 2016, 05:17:09 PM
Now, y'all don't pick on no theologians, yah hear!

Munch ... and they say ... we don't do no metaphysical woo woo ...

How 'bout this one:

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found