News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Don't Crucify the Messenger

Started by WanderingWonderer, October 10, 2015, 12:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: WanderingWonderer on October 12, 2015, 09:31:16 AM
I grow very tired of this game, always trying to explain the minor points to someone who is a cocoon of bias and self-righteousness. You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em. As predicted, I fold. Again, congratulations.
I would suggest you fold time and again is because your ideas are as solid as Swiss cheese.  And I am the one who is in a cocoon of self-righteousness?  Okay.  Maybe you should stand in front of a mirror when you say that.  You have airy-fairy beliefs and because I cannot see them as you do, you get angry.  And you don't seem to be able to articulate them very well, and you get defensive because of your failure.  Okay.  Many, many theists are like that.  The majority that come through here are like that.  You believe in puff and smoke and become indigent when others cannot see anything solid.  That's okay.  Go play in another sandbox.  BTW, what did you expect from an atheist forum?  Do you think we are simply misguided and are awaiting a silver-tongued one such as yourself who can pull our blinders off?  Might I suggest you take your blinders off first.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

I grow very tired of this game, always trying to explain the minor points to someone who is a cocoon of bias and self-righteousness. You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em. As predicted, I fold. Again, congratulations.

You are arguing in favor of stupidity and wonder why we refuse to agree? You fold again, because stupidity has no foundation but ignorance. And ignorance will always wilt in the face of knowledge and reason.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: WanderingWonderer on October 12, 2015, 09:25:37 AM
You miss the point because of, I suppose, your issue with belief. Before an idea can become material, you have to believe it a possibility.
That is what I said.  Are you blind as well as willfully ignorant????!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 12, 2015, 07:17:21 AM
Well, they're paid a salary. Wouldn't you agree that's an improvement...

World leaders have always been well compensated ;-(  Every military has had at least subsistence ... and usually better.  A Roman legionary was paid twice what a regular laborer was paid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

I grow very tired of this game, always trying to explain the minor points ...

Oh poor you, just when we were having fun kicking your ass. Now go to mommy and cry me a river.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 12:48:23 PM
World leaders have always been well compensated ;-(  Every military has had at least subsistence ... and usually better.  A Roman legionary was paid twice what a regular laborer was paid.

In pre-historic times, the leader would wear a hat, or some kind of ornaments that distinguished him from the other members of the tribe. It came with the territory of being the boss.

Baruch

... the rest of the story.  The rank and file suggested that hat ... so that the first casualty might be the boss ;-)  Generally the second in command was most enthusiastic ... and short sighted ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 07:23:30 PM
... the rest of the story.  The rank and file suggested that hat ... so that the first casualty might be the boss ;-)  Generally the second in command was most enthusiastic ... and short sighted ;-))

So you're saying that the rank and file acted cowardly...

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 13, 2015, 07:13:05 AM
So you're saying that the rank and file acted cowardly...

No, just disloyal to asshats.  Stone Age fragging.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 13, 2015, 07:21:55 AM
No, just disloyal to asshats.  Stone Age fragging.

Being disloyal isn't cowardly if you say that you are disloyal openly. If you keep that as a secret agenda, it is cowardly.

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 13, 2015, 08:22:11 AM
Being disloyal isn't cowardly if you say that you are disloyal openly. If you keep that as a secret agenda, it is cowardly.
Or maybe smart.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 13, 2015, 09:17:08 AM
Or maybe smart.

Not really. Smart is the ability to see the threshold between brave/reckless and coward/prudent.

Mike Cl

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 13, 2015, 09:22:59 AM
Not really. Smart is the ability to see the threshold between brave/reckless and coward/prudent.
Isn't there such a thing as biding your time?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 13, 2015, 09:33:25 AM
Isn't there such a thing as biding your time?

It's one factor out of many.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 10, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
How did Moses' detailed instructions on how to sacrifice animals better humanity?
It was misconstrued. Sacrifice is to be of want for self(sin/greed). Killing innocent things for the actions of the guilty was never the right way.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.