8 Year Old Shot Dead over a Puppy by an 11 Year Old

Started by drunkenshoe, October 09, 2015, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/29729717/eight-year-old-girl-shot-dead-over-a-puppy/

QuoteA simple childish fight over a puppy led an 11-year-old boy to shoot and kill his eight-year-old neighbour in the US state of Tennessee.

Latasha Dyer said her daughter McKayla was playing outside when the boy asked to see her puppy. Little McKayla said "no" and shortly after was shot in the chest.

Boy who killed girl over puppy got gun from unlocked closet

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/10/08/us/girl-killed-puppy-in-tennessee/

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Article shows the date October 6, 2015, 10:59 am. Why?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

No. Yes, I guess there was another shooting over puppy or something like that happened before, but this one is new. And doesn't look like it will stop. 

Shiranu

Worthy sacrifice. If my privilege of having a gun was revoked, this kid would have just went and bought one on the black market. You know how criminals are, you can't infringe on my right to protect myself from these 11 year olds hooligans.

If the 8 year old could have legally been packing, this all would have been avoided. Good job, gun regulation fascists.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

TomFoolery

Quote from: Shiranu on October 09, 2015, 12:30:56 PM
Worthy sacrifice. If my privilege of having a gun was revoked, this kid would have just went and bought one on the black market. You know how criminals are, you can't infringe on my right to protect myself from these 11 year olds hooligans.

If the 8 year old could have legally been packing, this all would have been avoided. Good job, gun regulation fascists.

No no no. It makes no sense to politicize this tragedy and talk about gun rights, as this was clearly the unavoidable will of God. When it's your time, it's your time, ya know?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Gawdzilla Sama

On another forum a guy stated straight-faced that every eight year old on the planet could be killed if it meant he could keep his guns.
PZ Myers

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
On another forum a guy stated straight-faced that every eight year old on the planet could be killed if it meant he could keep his guns.

This is why I support the death penalty. This motherfucker needs to be removed from the gene pool.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Whoa. How? Why?

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2015, 02:23:30 PM
Because his (gun) rights trump other peoples' lives.

Lol, that was my reaction to the piece of shit. I just can't get even remotely close to his frame of mind. Ugh.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 09, 2015, 02:59:35 PM
Lol, that was my reaction to the piece of shit. I just can't get even remotely close to his frame of mind. Ugh.
I had two observations for him.

A. You have never had kids.

B. You will never have kids.
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 09, 2015, 03:09:43 PM
I had two observations for him.

A. You have never had kids.

B. You will never have kids.

Let's hope so.

TomFoolery

Too bad the meme makes no mention about ignorance and fear on the part of the person holding the weapon.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?