News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Refugee Crisis

Started by stromboli, September 01, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

Quote from: Munch on September 14, 2015, 12:33:44 PM
Couple reasons, firstly they are countries apart from things like conflict, which several of them are in with terrorist groups. The other is because of the access to benefits, in countries like the uk the benefit system pays more money when some countries earn from a full days work.

This.

Many of the Gulf countries also don't recognize "refugee" status legally. The word refugee implies a certain set of requirements on the receiving nation. The only way refugees can enter those countries legally is under temporary visitor or work visas, which grant them no legal status in those countries. It's also not helped along that those countries are starting to tightly rein in whom they grant those visas to in response to this crisis.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

pr126

OK, my theory is this. Muslim countries are already Muslim. It is time to spread the "good news" to infidel countries.
Since every Muslim is commanded by the Quran to spread Islam, through dawa, (proselytizing)  where better that in the infidel countries.

Saudi Arabia has offered to build 200 mosques in Germany instead of taking in Muslims, which I find rather cynical.

Saudi Arabia Has 100,000 Air Conditioned Tents That Can House 3 Million People Sitting Empty Yet Has Taken Zero Refugees

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on September 14, 2015, 01:23:32 PM
OK, my theory is this. Muslim countries are already Muslim. It is time to spread the "good news" to infidel countries.
Since every Muslim is commanded by the Quran to spread Islam, through dawa, (proselytizing)  where better that in the infidel countries.

Saudi Arabia has offered to build 200 mosques in Germany instead of taking in Muslims, which I find rather cynical.

Saudi Arabia Has 100,000 Air Conditioned Tents That Can House 3 Million People Sitting Empty Yet Has Taken Zero Refugees

Maybe there be a little less complaints about Britain and other European countries not taking enough people in now?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 14, 2015, 12:16:28 PM
Anyway, back to the OP, anyone wonders why Muslim countries do not take in "refugees"?
Why the "refugees" all desperate to settle in infidel countries only?
Any thoughts?

I have a theory, but I would like to see yours.

It is well known that the Saudis are total assholes ... unless it is the hospitality they have to temporarily show to the Hajj pilgrims ... but that is a money issue.  Just ask their Yemeni neighbors what they think of the Saudis now?  Most of the current refugees were already refugees in Syria or Turkey.  Well we can see why being a refugee in Syria isn't working, and Turkey unfortunately is falling apart.  Turkey and Saudi Arabia both supported the anti-American Sunni terrorist front, and support ISIS right now.  Fortunately everybody there agrees on at least one thing however ... the minorities must die, including Yazidis and Kurds.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

EU are still a bunch of cunts.

josephpalazzo

In the past, there were refugees from Hungary (1956), Czechoslovakia (1968), Vietnam (1975).There was always the possibility that terrorists, double spy agents, criminals might have gone through, but the world welcomed them regardless. You can't just decide to turn away refugees on the basis that some are undesirables. True, it will be a challenge to give them food, shelter and clothes, and the means to earn a living. But should we shy away from that? Then what? You still going to have millions that are homeless. And that can cause a lot more damage.

josephpalazzo

You have to remember that when a country welcomes refugees, it is understood that the refugees must accept that the host country has certain values, and these the refugees must accept unconditionally. The problem in the UK is that politicians have failed to do so.

pr126

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 16, 2015, 12:55:15 PM
You have to remember that when a country welcomes refugees, it is understood that the refugees must accept that the host country has certain values, and these the refugees must accept unconditionally. The problem in the UK is that politicians have failed to do so.
Indeed. But these "refugees" come from cultures where rules are non existent and our values do not count at all.

Islam is teaching superiority and entitlement over unbelievers. Always have, and always will.

That how it works. A completely alien culture, the sooner you learn it the better.
I know, I have lived in the Middle East for a decade.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 16, 2015, 12:55:15 PM

Like the US vs Latin America?  Not all Latin Americans would agree with you, and the people who employ illegal immigrants, while the politicians turn a blind eye ... would also disagree.  Latin Americans in the US legally or historically, generally agree with their Anglo neighbors.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: pr126 on September 16, 2015, 01:18:33 PM
Indeed. But these "refugees" come from cultures where rules are non existent and our values do not count at all.

Islam is teaching superiority and entitlement over unbelievers. Always have, and always will.

That how it works. A completely alien culture, the sooner you learn it the better.

That's where the politicians in Europe fail: do not accept Islam as a superior religion, do not accept Sharia law, do not accept that women are not equal to men, and so on. If politicians would insist on our values, pass the necessary laws to ensure this, the message would be clear to Muslims - that they have the choice to integrate or leave if they aren't satisfied.

QuoteI know, I have lived in the Middle East for a decade.

Ok, but we don't want to change their country. We must tend to our own concerns.

pr126

Josephpalazzo wrote:
QuoteThat's where the politicians in Europe fail: do not accept Islam as a superior religion, do not accept Sharia law, do not accept that women are not equal to men, and so on. If politicians would insist on our values, pass the necessary laws to ensure this, the message would be clear to Muslims - that they have the choice to integrate or leave if they aren't satisfied.
Not just in Europe. This is all over the western world, America, Canada, Australia, and it is too late now to change.

When you have millions of "special needs" opportunist immigrants / illegals used to get their own way by threats, whining or brutal coercion, even murder for so long, it cannot be changed.
Short of a military or civil war, this is it. Your goose is cooked.

Besides, politicians do not want to change anything, they have no will. Most of them have been bought.

This will not end well.   

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Green Bottle on September 13, 2015, 07:42:35 AM
How very fkn nice of Cameron to announce that the uk would take 20.000 refugees over 5 years , what a great humanitarian he is, not.  he's not even taking any of the hundreds of thousands flooding into europe now but instead its those in camps in libya and iraq.
The govt at westmonster just doesnt care a fk and it's obvious to see, an it's not just the refugee crisis, the welfare state, the nhs, they want to privatise everything to reward the rich and the well-off, bonuses for the bankers who caused the mess in the 1st place and now there's thousands upon thousands having to rely on foodbanks to feed their families, it's fkn sickening how they treat people.   i hate the uk government, can you tell...?

rant over, i kept it short................. :wall:

Agreed.

But I guess it is some sort of 'has to play the game' at the same time.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp